The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Good finds. Those are fun to read. I admittedly don't follow too much until they get to Dallas. Any of the other guys discussed still in our future, or have they washed out already?

Grushnikov was paired with Petrovic as the top defensive line for the Texas Stars for 2/3 of the year.  He was traded to the Calgary organization as part of the Tanev trade.  Decent on defense, but Dallas seems to have gotten the best of the trade so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Because hockey has a lot of stupid fucking rules.

Yeah that was clearly intentonal, bloodying and possibly even breaking Seguin's nose. The TV ref guy said it looked like an elbow at first but he actually only ended up hitting him with his arm. So fucking what? The intent was for it to be an elbow, and he still gave him a cheap shot that put blood on the ice. And out of all that, the maximum penalty they can give is 2 minutes? What in the actual fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

guessing we get Marchment or Faksa, or both, back. But who draws out? Dellandrea has been playing well. Same with Smith. No way Steele slots out because he is the playmaker on that line. 

I bet Faksa based on what Owen Newkirk was saying that Faksa was doing more things already. Personally, I might roll with what we've done the past three games unless either of those guys is 100% back. Shit, maybe dress 13 forwards if you're not going to play Lundkvist more than 2-3 mins. God forbid there's some emergency, could somebody slot back for a few mins here and there. Where's Dustin Byfuglien when you need him?

Looks like they are going Hill again.   Interesting decision.  Hill didn't play bad Wednesday but I also think all things considered he's less likely to completely steal a game like Thompson almost did in game 3.   If we can finally start finishing at the net like we have all season it won't make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Hill is the better goalie.  And he has a proven track record of being able to lead a team to a Cup.

Thompson has a good bit.  A lefty gives shooters an entirely different look.  But it's pretty apparent that the Stars figured out that he has a big hole up near his left ear.  And once the Stars figured that out in Game 4, he looked a lot less effective.

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like they are going Hill again.   Interesting decision.  Hill didn't play bad Wednesday but I also think all things considered he's less likely to completely steal a game like Thompson almost did in game 3.   If we can finally start finishing at the net like we have all season it won't make a shit.

Just looked up to see who was tending for them.

Side note, hill and Thompson are the least goalie names ever for a team. Sounds like bowlers or tennis players.

My kids are flipping the fuck out past their bedtime climbing all over me while I’m trying to watch, feels like Jake getting screened trying to find the puck lol

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

That seems like a weak call on Miro

we've had one game where it felt like we might have gotten some weak calls.  Vegas gets a ton.

NHL....please go to 7