Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’ll try to stay away from notorious clickbait farm (checks notes) “The Guardian.” 

image.thumb.jpeg.56014093cd74c8a9f09ba95c590e7826.jpeg

Geez, seems like I need a new prescription for my glasses, because to me that looks like an entirely different article...and years later.

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So basically, it’s just “vibes are off.” 

Here is the question and the responses (all adults vs. Millenials). As you can see it’s “not sure” that is the big problem. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9ed9240185c328ab2e767cf708564617.jpeg

I find it interesting that your go-to was “agenda and/or the poll must be bad” before bothering to dig into it more. 

https://www.claimscon.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Holocaust-Knowledge-and-Awareness-Study-–-Topline-Results-1-1.pdf

Here is the firm that did the research. 

https://schoencooperman.com

No, it's not "vibes are off;" it's data from the Pew Research Center. Moreover, my "go-to" was to cite research from a renowned polling organization showing that opt-in polls get notoriously bad results from the age group in question and that if the polling is properly done, the outrageously high value becomes more reasonable.

Also, how could I have dug into it more before citing Pew? All you posted was a screenshot of the lead-in to the article, which didn't show the name of either the organization or the polling firm. For my part, I had recently read the Pew piece, so it was top of mind when I saw your headline.

Stop making insinuations.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Geez, seems like I need a new prescription for my glasses, because to me that looks like an entirely different article...and years later.

If we’re going with “The Guardian is clickbait,” we are just totally gone here. 

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If we’re going with “The Guardian is clickbait,” we are just totally gone here. 

Point to where I said, "The Guardian is clickbait", and not the headline was clickbait...I'll hold.

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

For sure, the youth are killing it by fracturing consensus reality, I’m sure it’s a cause to celebrate. (Check the date on this, too).

image.thumb.jpeg.0a7baaa3f94045c2e793bf00c75cf3cd.jpeg

Media is controlled by Jewish people.  Holocaust was actually the Holofaux.  Never happened 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 10:54 PM, PRONG HORN said:

My honest first thought upon seeing this video is true concern for this young lady's future and safety. There are a lot of predators out there and this is like a bat signal to them as someone who is likely very easy to groom. She's attractive and clearly emotionally unstable and expressed a separation between herself and any support structures/family. I really hope, for her, it's just an act and those are alligator tears, but I don't think they are and that really does worry me.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Petulant child. Maybe the university isn’t acknowledging there is a genocide because there in fact is not a genocide. Good luck with your solidarity fasts. Your fat ass needs it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

My honest first thought upon seeing this video is true concern for this young lady's future and safety. There are a lot of predators out there and this is like a bat signal to them as someone who is likely very easy to groom. She's attractive and clearly emotionally unstable and expressed a separation between herself and any support structures/family. I really hope, for her, it's just an act and those are alligator tears, but I don't think they are and that really does worry me.

I'll give her $5 if she can find Israel or Gaza on a map

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

If social media is a drug, this is an addict in real time

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Bro, how are you going to tagteam your way through a hunger strike?

The point of a strike is to persist until your demands are met. 

IMG_6325.jpeg

I didn't eat last night from 9pm to almost noon today.  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952r4abx5a9q9tn8kanr5

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Maybe she’s a difficult child, and that’s a real thing, but it’s likely her family has allowed her down this path. As a result I have very little sympathy. Once you are old enough in your teens, expressing attention whore behavior fails to garner any sympathy from me, despite her genuine sadness and eye color. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Maybe she’s a difficult child, and that’s a real thing, but it’s likely her family has allowed her down this path. As a result I have very little sympathy. Once you are old enough in your teens, expressing attention whore behavior fails to garner any sympathy from me, despite her genuine sadness and eye color. 

So would not?

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

We are talking about her, right?

Untitled.png.4e69b80f417b9cb3ccca6645e42d1f9e.png

Wood or not?

And no, I haven't watched the video.

No. She’s my oldest daughters age and she has terrible taste in clothing. And terrible judgement. 

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Maybe the university isn’t acknowledging there is a genocide because there in fact is not a genocide. 

Debatable. Definitely not a fact. Mass slaughter of women and children at a minimum though, which I guess is better?

6 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Okay, if anybody had "Neckbearded Ginger wearing Goose-Down jacket on 70 degree day on media spree for Palestine Hunger-Strike despite appearing to have never missed a meal in his life." on their 2024 geopolitical bingo card, please check with your local religious leaders because you may be the return of the Messiah.  

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'll give her $5 if she can find Israel or Gaza on a map

My point, sir, is that she might sadly end up doing things far more questionable for not too much more.

And most of these folks would struggle to find India on a map.

38 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

My point, sir, is that she might sadly end up doing things far more questionable for not too much more.

And most of these folks would struggle to find India on a map.

Who cares. People need examples of what NOT to be. Shame is a powerful motivator. 

26 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Sometimes they ask for it.

Most of the time they don’t. I agree, using extremists as representation of the entire population is a major part of the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Most of the time they don’t. I agree, using extremists as representation of the entire population is a major part of the problem. 

That's just one of the clips I've seen of them not caring about children in these cases.  There a few were others but I un-liked them so can't post.  One was a woman saying it was honorable etc. for their children to die this way. 

This is the protest thread, right? More of them in Israel.

In this article, there's mention of a poll showing that "A Majority of Jewish Israelis See a Hostage Deal as a Higher National Priority Than Military Action in Rafah"

Protesters Disrupt Israeli Memorial Day Events Over War Raging in Gaza
A day of national mourning was interrupted by hecklers who blamed government officials for failing to secure the release of hostages still being held by Hamas.

Israelis gathered across the country on Monday for the first national day of mourning since the Hamas-led Oct. 7 attacks, with protesters disrupting several ceremonies as they demanded that government ministers do more to secure the release of hostages.

Israel’s Memorial Day is normally one of the most somber on the country’s calendar, a date when Israelis put aside their differences to grieve fellow citizens killed in war or terrorist attacks. But the protests on Monday underscored how feelings of wartime unity have given way to deep disputes over the war in the Gaza Strip, the fate of hostages taken on Oct. 7 and domestic politics.

Critics heckled Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he attended a memorial at Mount Herzl in Jerusalem, the site of Israel’s national cemetery. One person was heard shouting, “Garbage.” Another said, “You took my children.”

At a ceremony in Ashdod, on the Mediterranean coast, bystanders shouted at the national security minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir, calling him a “criminal,” before his supporters tried to drown them out.

While the government has managed to secure the release of more than 100 hostages abducted by Hamas in the attacks, at least half of the roughly 240 people who were taken are either dead or still in captivity. Many of their loved ones want the government to agree to an immediate cease-fire with Hamas that would allow for the remaining captives to be released, even it means leaving Hamas in control of parts of Gaza.

The disruptions have precedent. Protesters taunted Mr. Ben-Gvir and other ministers last year, before the war began, when anger over the government’s efforts to overhaul the judicial system were the most prominent source of social division.

This year’s protests reflected growing anguish among parts of the population about the way Mr. Netanyahu’s right-wing coalition government has handled the war, causing enormous casualties and destruction.

Spoiler

Mr. Netanyahu has repeatedly pledged total victory over Hamas. But fighting across the Gaza Strip in recent days has underlined the notion that Hamas militants are still a force in the territory and might remain one for a long time to come. The pattern that has emerged in the war is that, after pitched battles, Israel’s military declares that it has taken control of an area and then moves on, only for Hamas fighters to return and reconstitute their forces.

On Monday, Israeli airstrikes shook the northern and southern ends of the territory, with the Israeli military saying it had struck more than 120 targets over the past 24 hours. Ground troops also engaged Hamas fighters in several locations, the Israeli military said. Amid the fighting, tens of thousands of fleeing civilians continued a desperate search for safety.

The fighting appeared to be heaviest in Gaza City, Beit Lahia and Jabaliya in northern Gaza, and in Rafah, the southern city where more than one million Palestinians had fled to try to escape Israel’s military offensive farther north. In recent days, hundreds of thousands have left Rafah, according to the United Nations.

Hamas said on Monday that it had launched mortars at Israeli soldiers near the Rafah crossing, which links Gaza and Egypt and has been closed since Israel seized it last week.

A spokesman for the United Nations said Monday that a U.N. staff member was killed Monday morning when a U.N. vehicle was struck on the way to a hospital in Rafah. Around 200 United Nations staff have been killed in the conflict.

Israeli society closed ranks behind the government and military immediately after the Hamas-led Oct. 7. But critics increasingly blame Mr. Netanyahu for failing to prevent the attacks, which the Israeli authorities say killed roughly 1,200 people, and for prolonging the war without winning the return of the hostages.

A poll conducted this month by the Israel Democracy Institute, a Jerusalem-based research group, suggests that a majority of Israelis see a hostage deal as a priority over a military operation in Rafah. Israeli officials call the city Hamas’s last major stronghold in Gaza, with battalions of fighters concealed there, but U.S. officials say that the group’s leaders in the territory are hiding in the city of Khan Younis, not Rafah.

Israel and Hamas have not agreed to a cease-fire and hostage release, despite months of mediation. And Mr. Netanyahu has insisted that Israeli forces will invade Rafah, with or without such a deal, amid threats by his far-right coalition partners to bring down the government if the war ends without the total defeat of Hamas.

On Monday at a Memorial Day ceremony in Holon, in central Israel, hecklers shouted at Miri Regev, the transportation minister, and called on her to resign. One asked: “What about the hostages?”

As Yoav Gallant, the defense minister, attended a ceremony in Tel Aviv, a protester held up a sign that said: “Their blood is on your hands.”

On Sunday night, Israeli peace activists broadcast their annual Joint Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Day Ceremony, with parallel events in London, New York and Los Angeles.

The ceremony is organized by Combatants for Peace and the Parents Circle-Families Forum, two peace-building organizations, and tries to recognize not only Israeli grief, but also the toll of Palestinian suffering over the decades.

The ceremony, held annually since 2006, was prerecorded this year to avoid the possibility of disruption by protesters. It featured speeches, songs, a poem about peace and a video that showed children in Israel and the Israeli-occupied West Bank talking about the effect of war.

Palestinians in the West Bank did not participate in person, given that Israel stopped allowing many Palestinians to work in Israel after the Oct. 7 attacks. There were also no direct contributions by speakers in Gaza.

More than 35,000 people have been killed in Gaza during Israeli’s military campaign to defeat Hamas, mostly children and women, health officials there say. Almost everyone in Gaza has been displaced from their homes amid a hunger crisis that aid workers say has been largely caused by Israeli restrictions on aid deliveries to the enclave.

The peace groups’ ceremony, which was screened at more than 200 venues in Israel, reflected the diversity and complexity of opinion within Israeli society about the war. Several speakers discussed their hope for an end to generations of bloodshed, and for peace.

Ghadir Hani read a contribution from a woman in Gaza, whose name was given only as Najla, describing how she had lost 20 family members in the war, including her brother, a father of two, who she said had been killed while going to look for food for his parents.

“They killed him while walking in the street though posing no threat whatsoever,” Ms. Hani read. “The death machine is still ready to kill,” she added. “But I know that on the other side there are many people who believe in peace.”

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread