2024 Big 12 Tournament

chase25

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I really have no words. What a disgrace. 

Well now nothing to do what await our fate.

They’ve found ways to lose this season that are unparalleled. Not showing up ready to play from the start is, however, the consistent theme. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

How can David Pierce survive this year?

6 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

How can David Pierce survive this year?

Just now, closetohumping said:

Super regional?

Take more than that. Needs to make it to Omaha and win at least one game.

• Hook 'Em 2

CDC won't fire Pierce if we make a super. I'm honestly skeptical that he'll fire him no matter what happens. I know most of us are ready to move on and most of yall think it's a given, but I'm not seeing it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

CDC won't fire Pierce if we make a super. I'm honestly skeptical that he'll fire him no matter what happens. I know most of us are ready to move on and most of yall think it's a given, but I'm not seeing it happen. 

image.gif.11c9d1ac0b1d38b399fc722b3b75f248.gif

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

More like this

Screenshot%202024-04-17%20at%2012.06.58.

Just noticed your screen name.  When I was born in 1950, North Loop was the north city limits.  Oltorf was the south.  Guess Austin has grown a bit since then.

17 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

CDC has already shown he will fire a good coach for a. Better one ‘(Herman / Sark) If what ppl are saying that Pierce is pissing off the BMD then he’s gone 

25 minutes ago, D3zii said:

CDC has already shown he will fire a good coach for a. Better one ‘(Herman / Sark) If what ppl are saying that Pierce is pissing off the BMD then he’s gone 

As Cajun already posted... Pierce has turned our program into "Tulane".

Fire Pierce

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

TCU went down 9-0 to Kansas in the 1st; it's been 10-1 Frogs since then with game at 10 all in the 8th.  Crazy.

Of course, whoever wins this one has to immediately turn around and play the buzzsaw that is Oklahoma this afternoon.

Edited by sasquatch69

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

As Cajun already posted... Pierce has turned our program into "Tulane".

Fire Pierce

Maybe do a side by side of Tulane vs Texas seasons since 2017.  Id like to see what you are seeing.

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

Maybe do a side by side of Tulane vs Texas seasons since 2017.  Id like to see what you are seeing.

Naw... just look at this shit.  Looks like some past Tulane teams results.

2024 Texas Longhorn Baseball

Screenshot_20240524-150646_kindlephoto-8569005.png.01157270f7eb0113ec58cccc70088cc3.png

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Naw... just look at this shit.  Looks like some past Tulane teams results.

2024 Texas Longhorn Baseball

Screenshot_20240524-150646_kindlephoto-8569005.png.01157270f7eb0113ec58cccc70088cc3.png

Running a college baseball program, not a lemonade stand. You don’t make macro decisions based on micro results.

Wait…we went 0-2 in the conference tournament? What the fuck?

I guess it’s true about a tree falling in the forest when nobody is around. Nobody hears it.

Can’t wait to be eliminated by Lamar in the College Station Regional…

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2024 at 2:24 PM, NorthLoop said:

Yeah I have no idea how CDC will respond, even if we go 0-2 in the Regionals. I think a lot depends on what Pierce's future looks like. Herman clearly was never going to go anywhere, which is why he was fired. Pierce has had good teams and maybe he has things lined up to be successful and this was just a season where we had some growing pains and things went wrong. Or maybe we have already seen what Pierce can do and this just indicates the sort of mediocrity we can expect. I just know this season has been really rough with his team just refusing the turn the corner.

It reminds me of the past Men's Basketball season.

Yeah I have no idea how CDC will respond, even if we go 0-2 in the Regionals. I think a lot depends on what Pierce's future looks like. Herman clearly was never going to go anywhere, which is why he was fired. Pierce has had good teams and maybe he has things lined up to be successful and this was just a season where we had some growing pains and things went wrong. Or maybe we have already seen what Pierce can do and this just indicates the sort of mediocrity we can expect. I just know this season has been really rough with his team just refusing the turn the corner.
It reminds me of the past Men's Basketball season.

This is the 4th year in a row that the team is measurably and significantly worse than the previous year. So he had a little of the new gig at a premier program momentum at first…but for the second half of his term he’s regressed, and has shown nothing to indicate it getting any better anytime soon.

It’s not a matter of if he gets fired, just when. So why not now?

33 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This is the 4th year in a row that the team is measurably and significantly worse than the previous year.

So you are saying…

2020 would have been National Champ or Runner-up

2021 third place in country 

2022 top 8 in country

2023 sweet 16

2024 ???

Well fuck me. Do they still sell Sweet Sixteen T-Shirts at the Co-op? And when is the ceremony to install that trophy in the showcase?

And getting your dicks dogstomped in two shittastic games in Omaha hardly equates to “Top 8”.

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Well fuck me. Do they still sell Sweet Sixteen T-Shirts at the Co-op? And when is the ceremony to install that trophy in the showcase?

I’ll go back and look to see how you were sucking off the team for winning the Miami regional. I’ll be right back….

I’ll go back and look to see how you were sucking off the team for winning the Miami regional. I’ll be right back….

I’ll save you the trouble…I was happy and excited and probably posted multiple “Fuck Yeah’s” and “Hook Ems”

But what you won’t find is me getting on my knees and sucking off DP (well, assuming he stood on a stool while I was on my knees)

18 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I’ll save you the trouble…I was happy and excited and probably posted multiple “Fuck Yeah’s” and “Hook Ems”

But what you won’t find is me getting on my knees and sucking off DP (well, assuming he stood on a stool while I was on my knees)

Pretty sure I found one of your posts where you call yourself a bitchass and admitting the team is better than you claimed..

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

OSU and OU both look very capable of runs to the CWS.

I would like OSU chances more with their pitching if they didn’t seemingly choke every year under Holliday.

OSU was the best pitching staff in the Big 12 and we took 2/3 from them by outpitching them.

OU was the best offense in the Big 12 and we took 2/3 from them by outhitting them.

Baseball is a fickle game

28 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I would like OSU chances more with their pitching if they didn’t seemingly choke every year under Holliday.

OSU was the best pitching staff in the Big 12 and we took 2/3 from them by outpitching them.

OU was the best offense in the Big 12 and we took 2/3 from them by outhitting them.

It’s a little odd that Skip hasn’t had OU pitching better.  But they’re pretty consistent offensively.  Their non-conference efforts versus their conference efforts make you shake your head too.

OSU is well rounded, but, yes, they don’t seem to come through when it counts.

All teams seem to be a bit of a crapshoot.  I’m never totally trusting an ACC team.  Tennessee has bouts of underachieving.  Unfortunately the Aggies may be about as well suited as anyone.

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

And yet Texas was 2 and Que in the tournament 

Hell yeah boys.  Felt like Walton has the rotation dialed in well for a 3, maybe 4 game regional.  Just wish we fielded better.  And of course avoid recent enshitification.  Still, will take the hardware and momentum.  

13 hours ago, chase25 said:

Oral Roberts is not good at all this year but they just won the Summit League tourney and I know Oklahoma State will probably be having nightmares about that 4 seed matchup

Yeah really looking forward to DBU being the 2 and ORU being the 4 in our regional. 

Then we’ll probably get someone like LSU as the 2 or some shit. 

• Haha 1