Fargo Season 4

babysdaddy

Rock finally had a great episode. The scenes with his wife, the OCD cop, and the table scene were all fantastic and the first time it felt like Rock was playing a distinct character. I really hate that Doctor Senator is gone and one of the worst Fargo characters is still around to waste our time. Italian Pete is the most ridiculous "villain" that's been constructed for a TV show in quite some time. Sure, just kill two random people in a bar. No one will notice. Next thing you know, they'll further waste good characters and kill off the Consigliere when he returns. There are so many great aspects but there's a lot weighing down this season so far on the Italian mob end.  I know they won't kill of Gaetano next week but I'll take Constant as the one to die, for sure. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

Was anyone else's sound all over the place?  Really distracting loud background noise for a few seconds off and on throughout the whole episode.  On Directv if that matters.

Thought it was just me. Figured my surround sound was f'd up.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, mdmost said:

Rock finally had a great episode. The scenes with his wife, the OCD cop, and the table scene were all fantastic and the first time it felt like Rock was playing a distinct character. I really hate that Doctor Senator is gone and one of the worst Fargo characters is still around to waste our time. Italian Pete is the most ridiculous "villain" that's been constructed for a TV show in quite some time. Sure, just kill two random people in a bar. No one will notice. Next thing you know, they'll further waste good characters and kill off the Consigliere when he returns. There are so many great aspects but there's a lot weighing down this season so far on the Italian mob end.  I know they won't kill of Gaetano next week but I'll take Constant as the one to die, for sure. 

Glad I'm not the only one with these thoughts.  We've been making fun of Italian Pete who is a cartoon character bad guy. Meanwhile we're supposed to believe that Rock is some badass gangster and he just talks too much.  He was better in New Jack City.  I also don't understand how they can have a gunfight in the street and nobody notices, no neighbors, shit the sound of gunfire can be heard for miles and it's a small town.  And Jason Schwartzman is another awful bad guy, early cartoon character when his dad was alive.  Who would follow either of these guys into a life of any mistake and you're all fucked? 

I say this from a place of love, Rushmore is one of my favorite movies and Bored to Death is hilarious, but Schwartzman shouldn’t be on this show. 

The casting for this to me is very much an homage to the Coen brothers. This season has more of a Coen brothers vibe than the last two seasons (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed, btw).

On 10/29/2020 at 6:07 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Really? I feel like he's perfect.  The whole point is he's supposed to feel out of place and incompetent. 

Yeah it's the set up for whatever is to come.  If anything he's a stereotype for a punk not prepared to take over a business.

I'm warming up to Rock as the season goes on. Not 100% sold but he's acting his ass off.

Edited by Mach 1

I'm rewatching season 2 while waiting on new episodes of this season. Finished season 1 pretty fast.

Season 2 was just fantastic.  I love Jeffery Donovan in anything he's in, and Patrick Wilson was terrific as Lou Solverson.

The Kansas City mob as full blown corporate culture is hilarious, though I wish we'd gotten more Adam Arkin as the boss.

I'm enjoying this season, as well.  Nurse Mayflower is easily the most entertaining of the cast.  

Have to confess it never even occurred to me that the kid is gonna be Mike Milligan.  

11 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Well that took an expected, then unexpected turn.

Not really sure what was Odis' motivation. I don't think it's as simple as Loy called, told him to do it, and Odis did it. He was obviously pumping himself up to do something very difficult while in the car. 

I remarked up thread that Loy was overly confident in himself. He tried to be clever with the Fadda Brothers. Didn't work. He farmed out his dirty work to Fargo. Didn't work. Now he was one very pissed LCN Family after him, and an enraged, very motivated fugitive. 

Next week looks like some surreal, Wizard of Oz meets  Road to Perdition fever dream, so we'll probably have to wait for the finale for answers. 

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Raise your hand if you think the creepy boarding house is a better show. Because it is. 

If Satchel isn’t Mike Milligan, I’ll eat my hat. 

Of course he's Mike Milligan.  Was that ever debated?  (Forgive me for not reading all of this thread).

34 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Very popular theory, almost universally accepted, but nothing concrete yet. 

Hawley all but confirms it in an interview with Vulture (not disagreeing with you, just adding this for context):

And is there something of note in that Rabbi shares the same last name as Mike Milligan, Bokeem Woodbine’s KC Mafioso from season two? That season is set a couple decades after the events depicted in season four …

“There probably is,” Hawley says, adding that “I don’t think that any anyone’s going to be surprised to discover a connection down the line,” especially since Mike “was such an iconoclastic guy who didn’t fit in either the sort of white crime structure he was involved in or the Black community. Where does a guy like that come from? On some level, this story is that story.”

https://www.vulture.com/article/fargo-noah-hawley-season-4-repeating-themes-references.html