CBS Bowl Predictions Texas vs UGA in Sugar

ButtFumble

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-2018-19-games/

overall that would be a great lineup of bowl opponents for the Big 12 if it happened

Cotton (1) Alabama vs. (4) Oklahoma

Sugar Georgia vs. Texas

Liberty Miss. State vs. Kansas State

Mack Brown Alamo Bowl by Sally's Cookies West Virginia vs. USC

Camping World TCU vs. Notre Dame

Texas Oklahoma State vs. LSU

Cactus Iowa State vs. California

Obviously making the Sugar Bowl would be awesome because it would finally be evidence we're going in the right direction. But I would especially like to play Georgia, just because we never play them. We had a home and home in the 50s according to Winsipedia, a couple of bowl games. Only played once in the last 60 years or so. 

14 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Obviously making the Sugar Bowl would be awesome because it would finally be evidence we're going in the right direction. But I would especially like to play Georgia, just because we never play them. We had a home and home in the 50s according to Winsipedia, a couple of bowl games. Only played once in the last 60 years or so. 

Georgia cost us the MNC in 1983.  We lost 10-9 in the Cotton Bowl.  Later that night, the only team ranked ahead of us lost as well.  I don't want to talk about it.

I'd rather see literally anyone, except Rapelor, ahead of the Sooners.   I also don't get the love.   They lost to Iowa State last year with a good team, how are they going to get through the Big 12 this year with a meh team?  I'm going with three losses, hopefully 12.

Edited by Hurtlocker
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Quagmire said:

I don’t get all the ou love, their defense sucks, they lost a lot of players, and Murray hasn’t done shit and most likely sucks

Until M. Stoops is gone, I see no reason to think OU will have a defense that holds most teams under 32.8 points per game on average...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

On the bright side, both Texas (Sugar) & Oklahoma (Cotton) would have projected home field advantage if things line out similar to what this article maps out...

I’m an OU fan and manage to survive here.  I kind of get this place hates Oklahoma.  I do like you, but don’t get your multiple posts on this board acting like good news for OU is something that falls on the ‘bright side’ of things here.

I almost said something when you posted the OU All time highlights but let it go. I’m wired on booze and trying to sleep before I morph into a complete degenerate on the boat tomorrow...so here I am wondering what your deal is. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m an OU fan and manage to survive here.  I kind of get this place hates Oklahoma.  I do like you, but don’t get your multiple posts on this board acting like good news for OU is something that falls on the ‘bright side’ of things here.

I almost said something when you posted the OU All time highlights but let it go. I’m wired on booze and trying to sleep before I morph into a complete degenerate on the boat tomorrow...so here I am wondering what your deal is. 

#1. In context, the sentence is to illustrate the conference would have 2 (near) home field advantage games...

#2. The post was on the "Tell me about OU" thread, so I misjudged in thinking it was appropriate there, similar to any Arkansas or Nebraska highlights...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I generally enjoy your posts. This kopp0e character seems like a fucking dumbass who should lurk more and post less. I've been on many boards over the years and have never put anyone on ignore, but am seriously considering it with this poster. It seems like he's trying too hard to be liked and just screws up every thread he's in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Whatever said:

I would attend. I was 12 when I went to the '95 Sugar Bowl. The 2nd half of that game sucked and I haven't been to NO since. Something tells me I'd enjoy the city more next time.  

I was at that game, and it was also my first time in New Orleans (senior year at Texas). But I've been back several times, and New Orleans is a fantastic city when you're (relatively) sober and your team doesn't suck ass in the second half.

But, not to be a Debbie Downer, I think the Cotton Bowl is more our speed this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I generally enjoy your posts. This kopp0e character seems like a fucking dumbass who should lurk more and post less. I've been on many boards over the years and have never put anyone on ignore, but am seriously considering it with this poster. It seems like he's trying too hard to be liked and just screws up every thread he's in.

Well, I'm no apologist in being myself, regardless of one's opinion..! 😏

I think when the season starts there will be less angst, as we can direct energies to college football..!

xaxq2x8jwfyq01u9givo

That would be a great bowl season to watch.

Of all the worthless projections made about what will happen in college football, the bowl projections are the most fun to watch for me. There have only been a few bowl seasons where I watched more than 5 or 6 games. A full slate every night from Dec 26 through the playoffs would be orgiastic.