2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I would not be a bit surprised if Tuve and or Correa both went back on the DL after this weekend.
Hopefully it’s with a 4.5 lead with 19 to go

I don't think matters if they go DL since roster expanded, but they could use some time off. Need the rangers to play way way way above there heads.

I would not be a bit surprised if Tuve and or Correa both went back on the DL after this weekend.

Why would they go back on the DL? I see them getting back in the grove of playing, and hopefully they get hot as fuck going into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I don't think matters if they go DL since roster expanded, but they could use some time off. Need the rangers to play way way way above there heads.

Great way to kick off this series. We are the Road Warriors. Need a gif.

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I still want Hinch to flip flop Correa/White. I was relieved Correa got the big sac fly but I wasn't hopeful. White is just seeing the ball better and getting better results.

I would expand on this. Sit Correa. Put Yuli at 3rd and put Gattis at DH. There's a good chance he gets hot.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I still want Hinch to flip flop Correa/White. I was relieved Correa got the big sac fly but I wasn't hopeful. White is just seeing the ball better and getting better results.

Think of current CC as Oso with half the power and you’ll see why he needs to not bat #4. Or #5, for that matter. 

Just now, Stros said:

You’re going on looks? Are you a trainer? Do you see limping?

It takes some time to get back to the speed of the game. They will be fine, and they will win. I know because of holiday inn and shit.

I get the same sense.  Remember, ‘Tuve has never been on the DL before this in his career.  This is new territory for him.  He’ll get the feel back. 

Correa has had long cold stretches before and worked his way out of them.  

As long as the team keeps winning, let them work through it.  

2 minutes ago, Stros said:

You’re going on looks? Are you a trainer? Do you see limping?

It takes some time to get back to the speed of the game. They will be fine, and they will win. I know because of holiday inn and shit.

Wut. These guys have been back for several weeks now. They both are in the worst streaks of the there careers. Correa may get the kinks out, but fairly certain Altuve playing on bum knee and will require surgery at the end of the  year.

Wut. These guys have been back for several weeks now. They both are in the worst streaks of the there careers. Correa may get the kinks out, but fairly certain Altuve playing on bum knee and will require surgery at the end of the  year.

He took a month off and came back on 8/27. Don’t underestimate that little fucker. He will win games soon. If they put him back on the dL, and bring him back up in Oct. he will still need to get in game mode for a bit. I predict a 3 for 5 game tomorrow.

Correa I’m not to sure about.. maybe bat him 6 or 7.

23 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I've had a few IPAs and yeah, I'm a little envious.... but I can't help but think Correa's age and his superhot as fuck fiancee aren't helping him focus on hitting baseballs. I think he's distracted by his personal life. Just a hunch. 

But his dog is so cute. And those sweater puppies...yowzas.