2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't know about you assholes, but my heart is not ready for playoff baseball.

huge series win.

Watched the Astro game instead of college football.

I apologized to wife and she looked at me like I was crazy, “ That’s what we should have been watching!  I love CFM...”

LOLZ.  My ole lady is using sports nicknames.  She said something about riding in a bobsled...

Go Astros.

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

Watched the Astro game instead of college football.

I apologized to wife and she looked at me like I was crazy, “ That’s what we should have been watching!  I love CFM...”

LOLZ.  My ole lady is using sports nicknames.  She said something about riding in a bobsled...

Go Astros.

As I get older I can’t follow as many different things as I could in the past. Last year I didn’t watch more than two hours of football on any Saturday until after the World Series. Through two weeks of football season this year is shaping up to be similar. 

Oh, the aggy- Clemson game has been highly entertaining.

Watched UH kick ass early today.  I’ll watch a shit-ton of sports as long as I have any say about it.

Astro game today( and yesterday) was damned compelling sports.

42 minutes ago, mycox said:

A 3.5 game lead is nothing. There is certainly a chance the A's catch the Astros

Of course there is a chance, but look at the remaining schedule for both.  The A’s have played one more game than the Astros, and that game is in the loss column.  Both teams have 13 remaining games against teams under .500.  The schedules are actually pretty similar with the Astros substituting three game sets with the D-Backs, Blue Jays, and the Tigers against the A’s series against the Rays, Twins, and the Angels.  

The Astros extra game left in the schedule is against the Orioles   

The A’s have 3/5 of a starting rotation and a bully that has been used heavily for two turns through the rotation since Manaea and Anderson went on the DL.

So yes, anything can happen, but this weekend was the biggest mismatch between schedules that favored the A’s, and the Astros haven’t let them make use of it   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Of course there is a chance, but look at the remaining schedule for both.  The A’s have played one more game than the Astros, and that game is in the loss column.  Both teams have 13 remaining games against teams under .500.  The schedules are actually pretty similar with the Astros substituting three game sets with the D-Backs, Blue Jays, and the Tigers against the A’s series against the Rays, Twins, and the Angels.  

The Astros extra game left in the schedule is against the Orioles   

The A’s have 3/5 of a starting rotation and a bully that has been used heavily for two turns through the rotation since Manaea and Anderson went on the DL.

So yes, anything can happen, but this weekend was the biggest mismatch between schedules that favored the A’s, and the Astros haven’t let them make use of it   

I don't care what the future schedule  looks like. All it takes is a sweep from Arizona or Seattle which is possible. Or even Toronto. I have seen teams blow bigger leads.