2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

10 hours ago, Limp Brisket said:

Osuna gonna come out with some extra fire against his old club.  

Osuna was roundly booed by the Toronto crowd.  He was traded, right?

Would we boo Giles?  He's the only former Astro I could see getting booed for the circumstances of his departure.

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Would we boo Giles?  He's the only former Astro I could see getting booed for the circumstances of his departure.

Before the news article yesterday, I think the crowd would be generally indifferent towards him.  If we played in Houston tonight, he'd be booed for sure.  Odds are, though, that everyone will forget about his comments by the next time Toronto comes to Houston.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yeah we picked him up from Toronto, the boos were expected.  

The circumstances surrounding the departure of Osuna vs Giles were obviously very different, I doubt we’d boo Giles if the situation last night were reversed.  He’s a headcase but he did help us win a WS.

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

Definitely.  Astros fans love to boo guys for very little reason.

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Definitely.  Astros fans love to boo guys for very little reason.

But players like Rasmus and Fiers are still pretty damned beloved, as far as opponents go.  For me, Giles' play and self abuse don't make him "boo-able."  When he told off Hinch, that was when he told the world he no longer wanted to be an Astro...in front of everyone.  That's what changed my opinion on the guy.

Guadaloopy- I definitely get that DV was a hugely different factor for Osuna's departure from TOR.  They were booing every pitch though.

Edited by slorch

Before the news article yesterday, I think the crowd would be generally indifferent towards him.  If we played in Houston tonight, he'd be booed for sure.  Odds are, though, that everyone will forget about his comments by the next time Toronto comes to Houston.

Are you kidding?
Giles would have been (and will be) booed mercilessly either way

Look at what Houston fans did to Beltran, a guy who had the best offensive postseason we’ve ever seen, for simply following the money
  • Like 1