2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

5 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hilarious that Houston wins game 1 and nothing is said. Yankoffs when game 2 after getting k’d 14 times by verlander and a article is written by ESPN on the front page about how amazing the Yankees are. It shouldn’t surprise me but then it kinda does.

i also found this very funny 

was the victory parade this morning ?

5 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hilarious that Houston wins game 1 and nothing is said. Yankoffs when game 2 after getting k’d 14 times by verlander and a article is written by ESPN on the front page about how amazing the Yankees are. It shouldn’t surprise me but then it kinda does.

And the Astros broke their nine-game winning streak.  Only heard that locally.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I've accepted the fact that this is going to be his final season as an Astro and I'm OK with that.

Yup. He was the ace and carried the load when we were a bad team. He got his ring last year. Maybe package him with others in a trade latter in the year. 

4 hours ago, runthebone said:

This is Marwin's career slash line:  

.266/.317/.418

.735 OPS, 103 OPS+

This is who he is.  He's a superutility player and is not going to repeat 2017 again.

Yup. He will never match his production from 2017. He is as average as it gets.

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So all of you that have been making comments about who was getting killed by Stanton's home runs. Thanks for angering the baseball gods. 

If you think it’s actually working, let’s try this: How many are dying in the stands after being hit by Houston homers? 

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If you think it’s actually working, let’s try this: How many are dying in the stands after being hit by Houston homers? 

Are you new at this? The baseball gods know all about reverse psychology and they don't fucking like it!

7 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Don't put the Rockets on. 

I'm watching them. They're putting up a better fight back than the Astros are. Harden cut the deficit to single digits by himself.

I'm surprised. This is actually an okay start for Keuchel. The Astros just don't want to score runs it seems.

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm watching them. They're putting up a better fight back than the Astros are. Harden cut the deficit to single digits by himself.

I'm surprised. This is actually an okay start for Keuchel. The Astros just don't want to score runs it seems.

Cy Young himself couldn't win with a big 0 in run support. Keuchel hasnt pitched that terribly. The bats fucking suck. 

• Like 1