2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Until Giles is starting and we're resting half of our regulars, we should be favored in every game. 

perhaps you haven't been watching much espn or mlbtv, but the yankees are the best team ever. their WS victory parade is next weekend 

they discussed it on mlb central this morning.  their response was "gallo gets paid to hit homers, so that's what he'll continue to try to do."  i don't question the approach for the majority of the game.  that said, if it was 1-1 in the b9 and he was leading off the inning, and saw that bregs was in left, i would be pretty pissed if i was a fan and he didn't try anything possible to get on first.

I'll be curious to see if one Jerry Callo tries to bunt against the shift tonight. Or ever. Sounds like he's conflicted over the whole thing, as I'd expect a dead guy to be.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article207243069.html

I’d be surprised to see that 4 man outfield today with DK (ground ball pitcher) on the bump.

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’d be surprised to see that 4 man outfield today with DK (ground ball pitcher) on the bump.

True. But then again, DK is a Gold Glover on the mound and is pretty quick to hop over toward the third base line on dribblers and bunts. Guess we'll see.

I'll be curious to see if one Jerry Callo tries to bunt against the shift tonight. Or ever. Sounds like he's conflicted over the whole thing, as I'd expect a dead guy to be.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article207243069.html

I was a little surprised he didn’t try in the 6th when he came up to bat with only 1 out and the score only 3-0. JV had shut them down to that point and may have been a good chance to chase him before the end of the inning and put our bullpen in a little higher stress situation.

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Didn't take long to overload the new breakers. Anyway...back to dominating MLB. 

Okay, let me tell you the difference between Surlyhorns and everyone else, we don't crash EVER! If those servers are down for even a day, our entire reputation is irreversibly destroyed!

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

Okay, let me tell you the difference between Surlyhorns and everyone else, we don't crash EVER! If those servers are down for even a day, our entire reputation is irreversibly destroyed!

I just assume it was a piece of stray lint in a circuit board, then. Anyway...no harm, no foul.