Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

The claim of being colorblind is absolute bullshit in and of itself. I am not colorblind. I recognize each person for the unique individual they are and that they represent a different way of life than my own. Being "colorblind" only seeks to erase any unique cultural background that might be different for anyone than the person claiming colorblindness. I want to see each person as they are and embrace them as they are because I value each person as they are.

Now with that said, knock off all this bullshit and get back to the Kavanaugh thread.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just wait until I tell you about our Lord and Savior, a Middle-Easterner who has long hair, a beard, and wears a robe and sandals while talking about taking care of the poor.  You’re gonna love him. 

Borrrrrrrrr riiiiing..........  I wanna hear about that scientologist god, now that's some crazy shit that gets people excited. 

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

I mean, why can't we have a white lives matter?

And what about white history month?

/S

Keep on whistling

Because the "white man's" collective history and ethnic background that brought them to this land wasn't completely destroyed in the process. The "white man" can do his own goddamn research and find exactly where his family heritage traces back to before the immigrated here. If you wa t to do the research and celebrate the specific heritage of whatever ancestors and culture they had, then great. However, there is not and never will be a white history month because our ancestors were the oppressors, dipshit.

The Blavk Lives Matter movement is not a movement that suggests that ONLY Black Lives Matter,  but instead that Black Lives Matter TOO. So get over yourself and recognize that Balck men, women, and children matter and don't need to fear for their lives anytime they interact with anyone but especially the police who are supposed to be out to serve and protect the  society of which those black men, women, and children are a part.

3 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Because the "white man's" collective history and ethnic background that brought them to this land wasn't completely destroyed in the process. The "white man" can do his own goddamn research and find exactly where his family heritage traces back to before the immigrated here. If you wa t to do the research and celebrate the specific heritage of whatever ancestors and culture they had, then great. However, there is not and never will be a white history month because our ancestors were the oppressors, dipshit.

The Blavk Lives Matter movement is not a movement that suggests that ONLY Black Lives Matter,  but instead that Black Lives Matter TOO. So get over yourself and recognize that Balck men, women, and children matter and don't need to fear for their lives anytime they interact with anyone but especially the police who are supposed to be out to serve and protect the  society of which those black men, women, and children are a part.

Whoosh

• Like 1

The claim of being colorblind is absolute bullshit in and of itself. I am not colorblind. I recognize each person for the unique individual they are and that they represent a different way of life than my own. Being "colorblind" only seeks to erase any unique cultural background that might be different for anyone than the person claiming colorblindness. I want to see each person as they are and embrace them as they are because I value each person as they are.
Now with that said, knock off all this bullshit and get back to the Kavanaugh thread.

Must have missed the /s

8 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

giphy.gif

On 9/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, David Dennison said:

I guess it's time to start worrying about the political power of white people. It might go from controlling everything to almost everything.

Scary.

gets to be where I'm scared to walk down the street in fear I may see a person of color.  Makes me worry for the kids I don't have.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It is, and he will be another tainted conservative on the Supreme Court. 

He lied to Congress. I guess y'all don't care about that kind of stuff because baby murder or some shit.

I understand the need to frame it this way, losing isn’t easy. 

• Like 2

It is amazing to me that Republicans claim to be the party of law and order and the Constitution, yet they refuse to even consider a duly nominated justice in order to get their own guy on the court and they are perfectly willing to appoint another justice who has at best lied to the Senate multiple times and at worst committed perjury multiple times.  

Just now, Longhornfan1024 said:

It is amazing to me that Republicans claim to be the party of law and order and the Constitution, yet they refuse to even consider a duly nominated justice in order to get their own guy on the court and they are perfectly willing to appoint another justice who has at best lied to the Senate multiple times and at worst committed perjury multiple times.  

They are obviously unfamiliar with the term blowback.

2 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

You need to understand what this is all about, it’s a gotcha game. I don’t blame the Democrats for participating because it’s really the only hand they’re holding. It’s just not very effective in the end. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You need to understand what this is all about, it’s a gotcha game. I don’t blame the Democrats for participating because it’s really the only hand they’re holding. It’s just not very effective in the end. 

Until they impeach him for lying to Congress.

Hell, with the job Donald Trump is doing for Democrats, they might even have enough votes to remove him some day.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Until they impeach him for lying to Congress.

Hell, with the job Donald Trump is doing for Democrats, they might even have enough votes to remove him some day.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

His lifetime appointment is going to be a great source of pain for you I fear. At this rate, your revenge dish may be rather moldy as well. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

His lifetime appointment is going to be a great source of pain for you I fear. At this rate, your revenge dish may be rather moldy as well. 

Not really. I fully expect the next Democratic president to fill two or three seats with the help of a Democratic Senate. One of those seats will be Clarence Thomas.

Thanks, Donald.

Edited by David Dennison

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not really. I fully expect the next Democratic president to fill two or three seats with the help of a Democratic Senate. One of those seats will be Clarence Thomas.

Thanks, Donald.

The average projected age of a Justice leaving the court is now up to 83. Thomas just turned 70 this year.

You may be right, of course, but I don’t know that I’d be quite so confident about it.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A Dem POTUS + Dem Congress might just stack the court.  You know, with 2-3 more justices.  I would laugh my ass off.

They need to add four seats at a minimum. Simply adding 2 wouldn't actually punish the Republicans for preventing a hearing on Garland and then stealing the election; they'd still end up in a better position than if Garland had been seated and Hillary had been able to choose Kennedy's replacement.

There's no more pretense that American politics is about anything other than wielding power. If the Dems retake power and pretend otherwise, we'll still be effectively ruled by a Republican minority. 

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

A conservative wants a conservative judge, oh (audible gasp) the horror. 

See, the difference here is, the conservative judge in question lied under oath to get his current gig and continued to lie in an effort to secure a seat on the Supreme Court.

But you don't care about that.

From the Intercept article on the Feinstein thing.

Different sources provided different accounts of the contents of the letter, and some of the sources said they themselves had heard different versions, but the one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.