Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

You think about how a normal judge would react to this accusation, and then you look at his reaction. If you're totally innocent and your background is fairly vanilla, do you spend 4 days at the WH getting pelted with potential questions and rehearsing the 'right' answers to those questions?

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand all these fucking guys that do this shit.
Just fucking ridiculous. Just a bunch of disgraces.
The Rs dying on this hill will make the midterm wash out just that much sweeter.

Well, look at poll numbers of white males. I’ve sadly become convinced that a majority of white males in this country are raging fucking assholes who believe things...well, the way that Franklin Graham believes. And add to that a chunk of women who have been raised in that culture - to believe that a man assaulting them is THEIR fault, for dressing like a harlot etc - yeah. We’re a fucked up place.

I take the position that holding a woman down and trying to remove her clothes against her will, and covering her mouth when she tries to scream in terror/anguish is not just a crime, it’s incredibly wrong - morally, ethically, and any other way you could look at it. And let’s be clear...that puts me AT ODDS with not just GOP thought leadership, but their FAITH leaders.

Time for a cleansing meteor strike.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A normal innocent person would 100% immediately demand a swift but exhaustive investigation conducted by the most reputable investigators in the world.

Um, I don't know if you read the news, but those investigators are a cancer on our society.

The Donald out front should have told ya.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, look at poll numbers of white males. I’ve sadly become convinced that a majority of white males in this country are raging fucking assholes who believe things...well, the way that Franklin Graham believes. And add to that a chunk of women who have been raised in that culture - to believe that a man assaulting them is THEIR fault, for dressing like a harlot etc - yeah. We’re a fucked up place.

I take the position that holding a woman down and trying to remove her clothes against her will, and covering her mouth when she tries to scream in terror/anguish is not just a crime, it’s incredibly wrong - morally, ethically, and any other way you could look at it. And let’s be clear...that puts me AT ODDS with not just GOP thought leadership, but their FAITH leaders.

Tad over dramatic but I’ve come to understand that is your style. Also uses a broad generalizations but not a big deal when taking the moral high ground. 

You think about how a normal judge would react to this accusation, and then you look at his reaction. If you're totally innocent and your background is fairly vanilla, do you spend 4 days at the WH getting pelted with potential questions and rehearsing the 'right' answers to those questions?

It’s kind of a big deal. What would a doctor be doing?

He could be lying, and the fact that he lied about something that happened 36 years ago should ruin his career.

She could be lying and it’s still ruin’s a persons career and life’s work. I’m sure each one of you fuckers would be doing everything you could to be ready, for such a vile accusation.

Have any of you been accused by a man or woman that was false or a lie that effected your life’s work? Fortunately it hasn’t happened to me, and thus far I’m grateful for that.

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

This bitch can fuck off.  I double dog dare her to go over to the USS Arizona Memorial and repeat the shit she said about men from a couple of days ago. 

lol do you guys realize how pathetic you sound when you say this kind of shit? Using other men's sacrifice in your pathetic, disgusting, weak politics.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps Kavanaugh doesn’t want the FBI to investigate because of the other shit they might dig up in the process that would also be disqualifying.

Well they have already done a background check on him. From what I understand it’s more on a national security level. I presume he passed that one. 

7 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

This bitch can fuck off.  I double dog dare her to go over to the USS Arizona Memorial and repeat the shit she said about men from a couple of days ago. 

Speaking of bitches, Mr. Stolen Valor, you do realize she wasn't speaking of military men who died 77 years ago, right?

“Guess who is perpetrating all of these kinds of actions? It’s the men in this country,” Hirono said. “I just want to say to the men in this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing, for a change.”

Of course you realize it.  You just can't help yourself.  Here's a tip:  she was speaking about ENLIGHTENED men, which certainly doesn't include you.

This Whelan cat must not be paying attention to what's going on in Elon Musk's world....Both of them are about to be sued to Bolivia. By merely stating that this Garrett dude is an attempted rapist, he has committed prima facie defamation of character.  That would be established in about five minutes at trial. And then it would be on to damages. 

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

This Whelan cat must not be paying attention to what's going on in Elon Musk's world....Both of them are about to be sued to Bolivia. By merely stating that this Garrett dude is an attempted rapist, he has committed prima facie defamation of character.  That would be established in about five minutes at trial. And then it would be on to damages. 

Yeah, he's gonna owe Mr. Garrett some money.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The smart thing to do would have been to pay off Garrett in advance notifying him he was about to be a patsy so we can get our boy on the bench.  I’m sure the NRA would be willing to front the money. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's laughable. It's textbook. The judge, out of his own curiosity, might well ask him how he came to this theory of his. "Well, your honor, me and my buddies from the Federalist Society got in our Mystery Machine and traveled back to 1983 and tackled 'Kavanaugh' as he was leaving that bedroom. We tackled him and pulled off his mask and it was Garrett underneath there. And he said 'I would have got away with it if it weren't for you meddling Federalists!'"

Or something similar. Seriously, he is claiming he spent two whole days working on unraveling this 32-year-old mystery...Do I have that right? 

Whelan once doxxed South Texas College of Law professor John Blevins.

Ironically, it was because Blevins pseudonomously accused him of being a political hitman.

On reflection, I now realize that, completely apart from any debate over our respective rights and completely apart from our competing views on the merits of pseudonymous blogging, I have been uncharitable in my conduct towards the blogger who has used the pseudonym Publius.  Earlier this evening, I sent him an e-mail setting forth my apology for my uncharitable conduct.  As I stated in that e-mail, I realize that, unfortunately, it is impossible for me to undo my ill-considered disclosure of his identity.  For that reason, I recognize that Publius may understandably regard my apology as inadequate.

This was during the fight over Sotomayor. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

By the way, I just saw Dr. Ford's comment on Garrett:

"Ford dismissed Whelan’s theory in a statement late Thursday: “I knew them both, and socialized with” them, Ford said, adding that she had once visited the other classmate in the hospital. “There is zero chance that I would confuse them.”

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Brisket and I share the same values, but he talks purtier than I do.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Tells me they have known about this for a long time. The MSNBC ads are aimed at getting angry professional likely moderate Dem voters to put down the phone before they scream at their senators. That chick even looks a little like the Dr. 

"He's a great judge, a family man, a towering intellect, and I know -- I am one of millions of women he did not try to rape."

Let’s not overlook these well orchestrated optics 

Dni9aG7UwAAZcj8?format=jpg&name=large

Dni9bUtV4AEAXDW?format=jpg&name=large

DnjcQWeUwAAh80r?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, triplehorn said:

there's pattern here, and it's not the lace.

Ok, this is amazing to me. It's like he wasn't taught better, or his morals were somehow flexible because of his station in life?  And this is what we want on the SCOTUS?   Do you really feel other justices have such an entitled misogynistic  background?   Again, as others have said, there is something way more to all this than meets the eye.  Trump or someone else wants him there for some specific reason. 

I guess my point is that all this grade D doucheiness would have been blown right by if not for Ford coming forward, and I think that's horribly wrong. 

Everyone wants to pin shit on Beto for his past transgressions.  He admits them, owns up to them, hasn't repeated any and has found the lesson in each he needed to learn. 

Not BK, all this crap is out there, the loans, the gambling, the 'beyond his means' house and club.   It's all right in line with the kind of person he was on track to be growing up.  His parents should be proud, right?

Fuck this asshole, fuck the orange tinycock and fuck the GOP. 

• Like 6

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2018/september/franklin-graham-on-judge-kavanaugh-accusation-not-relevant

Ok. That fucker needs to burn in Hell. But first, I hope that he experiences the terror of being held down and assaulted, and has his mouth covered as he tries to scream.

This has no relationship to whether the alleged assault happened. For him to take the position that even if it did, it’s not a crime, and was cool because the guy stopped....fuck him in hell for eternity.

Well he did stop. After she ran away from him.