Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I want to apologize to everyone on this thread. I have reread some of my posts and I come off as a raging asshole which I’m not in real life. It’s embarrassing to read. I’m bagging out, sorry for being a raging cunt.

Yeah save that shit for game days!

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

You're posting this as a joke, not something you find persuasive, right? 

I'm posting that thread because that Ed Wheelan guy was mentioned in politico as someone who knows things.  Maggie from NYT shared it as did Ross Douthat.  They are giving this Ed guy the benefit of the doubt.  I'm agnostic

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah....that's, umm, jaw-dropping.

I'm not even saying that it's a completely insane theory -- if I was Kavanaugh's defense attorney, I might well present such info in court. Where it is legally privileged, and not subject to defamation claims.

For a journalist to name a third party as a rape suspect, based SOLELY on his own analysis and conjecture.  Well, imagine if Whelan just named YOU as the "alternate rapist."  To the whole world.  What would you be doing now?  If your answer isn't "talking to my lawyer," you're lying.

Dr. Ford most definitely knew which guy was Brett Kavanaugh and which guy was Chris Garrett.  The "mistaken identity" angle of this theory is utter bullshit.

Now, could she have actually been assaulted by Garrett but is knowingly attributing it to Kavanaugh?  Sure, it's possible.  Is it likely?  Well, that's a stretch.

So where’s this Chris Garrett today. Does he fulfill any of the reported descriptions that ford gave to her therapist 6 years ago. DC elite society or whatever the description was. If not, let’s just move on from this distraction. 

Edited by Anastasis

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Someone obviously fed this to Whelan and tipped him off to Chris Garrert so they could start ... uh, I guess you could call it building a case, if you’re being charitable.

I wouldn’t put either scenario past them.  Under normal circumstances I would guess 1 is more likely.  But if ridiculous amateur hour internet sleuthing is all they have at this point, it makes it seem 2 is more likely.  And regardless, what a disaster for Whelan.

It's the traditional Trump progression.

I categorically deny that I did this & I wasn't even at the party >>> I may have been at the party, but Garrett looked a lot like me so you can't prove anything

23 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Someone obviously fed this to Whelan and tipped him off to Chris Garrert so they could start ... uh, I guess you could call it building a case, if you’re being charitable.

Either: 

1. Someone knows or at least heard back then that it was Garrett, but they don’t want to be the one personally accusing him  or having to answer why they never said anything about the sexual assault before (enter Ed Whelan to the rescue, because as President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, he of course has no ethical misgivings about doing anything); or

2. This is a coordinated smear by the GOP against some random guy, because they figured mistaken identity was the best play they had (that why she isn’t a liar and they aren’t disbelieving something happened to a purported sexual assault victim; it’s just a mistake and not their guy).  Hmm ... who looked like Kavanaugh from that high school?  Oh this guy will do.  That would be some evil shit.

I wouldn’t put either scenario past them, but if ridiculous amateur hour internet sleuthing is all they have at this point, it makes it seem 2 is more likely.

Leads? Yeah. The boys down at the crime lab are working on it.

They got them working in shifts! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stros said:

When did she say her clothes were ripped off?

OK. Tried.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.