Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

L.  M.  F.  A.  O.

Yes, the average victim of sexual assault who claims the person she knows well was the perpetrator could be "confused".

God dammit, you are half the problem.  Stop marginalizing and finding excuses to get around victims' claims.  If your HS baseball teammate -- say, the 3rd baseman -- beat the fuck out of you with a baseball bat, would you entertain the idea that maybe you didn't quite remember correctly, maybe it had been somebody else?

Your problem is that you can't discuss the specific facts of this cases because no  one knows what they are.  She can't tell us anything. Your only response is meaningless and of course you think I am half the problem because you're only response is idiot nonsense about imaginary events about me being beaten with a bat.

If she can prove her allegations thats one thing. But right now we don't know what the real facts are. Thats the problem you're having. BTW, we knew exactly what the facts were with Slick and that didn't seem to matter..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Your problem is that you can't discuss the specific facts of this cases because no  one knows what they are.  She can't tell us anything. Your only response is meaningless and of course you think I am half the problem because you're only response is idiot nonsense about imaginary events about me being beaten with a bat.

If she can prove her allegations thats one thing. But right now we don't know what the real facts are. Thats the problem you're having. BTW, we knew exactly what the facts were with Slick and that didn't seem to matter..

you don't understand. she doesn't have to PROVE anything. maybe you do understand and you are just obfuscating. i dunno. all she has to do is appear credible. that's it. she's basically put her entire career on the line because...i mean, because she dislikes this random dude nominated for the supreme court? because she's an underground political operative? why would she do this?

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

BTW, we knew exactly what the facts were with Slick and that didn't seem to matter..

No we didn't.   We know what he's admitted to, but the rest is just accusations.   And there are a hell of a lot more flaws in those accusers' accounts than this one, like Broaddrick and Willey stating under oath that he didn't do those things and then later recanting.   Which, I don't think, is dispositive against them, but is more of a credibility problem than anything we know about Dr. Ford so far.   Yet we constantly hear on this board that Bill is a rapist and Hillary a rape apologist. 

20 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Icono's past struggles are irrelevant to this debate.

i agree. i edited that shit out. let's keep the personal insults more general and less personal in nature to someone's real-life struggles.

like, i can call him a dumbass. but i don't have to THERE. you know what i mean if you know what i mean. cut it out. thanks.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you don't understand. she doesn't have to PROVE anything. maybe you do understand and you are just obfuscating. i dunno. all she has to do is appear credible. that's it. she's basically put her entire career on the line because...i mean, because she dislikes this random dude nominated for the supreme court? because she's an underground political operative? why would she do this?

I guess that is fair to the one being accused.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i agree. i edited that shit out. let's keep the personal insults more general and less personal in nature to someone's real-life struggles.

like, i can call him a dumbass. but i don't have to THERE. you know what i mean if you know what i mean. cut it out. thanks.

Yeah, I went back to blank out the post but I can't, and you had already killed the worst stuff.

Sorry, Icono.  I shouldn't have done that.  You pissed me off (which has been known to happen now and again) and I overreacted (ditto).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No we didn't.   We know what he's admitted to, but the rest is just accusations.   And there are a hell of a lot more flaws in those accusers' accounts than this one, like Broaddrick and Willey stating under oath that he didn't do those things and then later recanting.   Which, I don't think, is dispositive against them, but is more of a credibility problem than anything we know about Dr. Ford so far.   Yet we constantly hear on this board that Bill is a rapist and Hillary a rape apologist. 

So you believe this woman who has done  nothing more than write a letter and because you hate Trump but don't believe those other woman because you liked Slick. Of course.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

No, a poster asking you simple questions. She doesn't remember almost anything. Its just as possible that this event happened at a different time and place and someone else assaulted her and she confused Kavanaugh for the other guy. The point is that she hasn't provided anything other than a letter that Feinstein has refused as of now to release to Grassley. Maybe she is hiding something. 

It's fine if you don't fully trust her story or recollection, but you really are gonna defend that poster saying "it may have been her wet dream"?  Really??  That seems well adjusted and perfectly appropriate to you?  

Just now, hayden_horn said:

And let me add also that it's good that this web community is a place where people can ask for help and advice on personal issues, and even aside from the irrelevance of such issues to political debate, we should really avoid shaming people for sharing their struggles.   There's a thread for alcoholics, a thread for people going through a divorce, etc., and that's a positive thing for this site to have.

I know it can be tempting to use sensitive personal disclosures against someone in a heated political debate, but I strongly encourage everyone to take a step back and try to have some perspective on what we are doing here.   Nothing said here will actually affect whether Kavanaugh is confirmed, but shaming/bullying posters over stuff like this can actually hurt people in real life, whether the target of the attack or someone who will refrain from sharing their struggles on another thread to avoid it being used against them. 

• Like 9

And what is your inference???  Please state your thesis based on the information you linked.....

If someone fucked up my life 36 years ago for assaulting me, and it effects my life everyday. I would want to get that monkey off my back ASAP. Why did she not do this in 2012? Because she’s a liberal activist. This is all politics, nothing more nothing less.

I can admit, I can’t stand looking at and hearing about Trump and his stupid fucking tweets everyday. He’s far from the best president we have ever had in this nation. I will admit, I voted for Trump only to cast a vote against Hillary.

Can you admit this is all about politics? Do you think it’s odd Dr. Ford doesn’t remember the house, the date, or any people from when this assault occurred?

Why did she clear her social media?

Why did she contact a lawyer 5 months ago and do a polygraph administered by her lawyer?

Why will Dianne Feinstein not let Grassley look at the original letter?

Why did Dianne Feinstein sit on the letter for 5 months?

Holes man, a lot of holes.
  • Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I do understand. .  So the new standard is you just have to be credible. She hasn't put anything on the line. If she succeeds, she will be a liberal hero. If she fails, she will still be a liberal martyr. She is a known left wing anti Trump activist as is her attorney. Maybe I could write a letter to the CRUZ campaign. I saw Beto molest a child and I can certainly be credible even if I am lying.

This crap is going to bite libs big time in the future when you are in power.

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Thank you

There are countless examples of victims who were silent for many years after abuse as a child/adolescent. We've seen this repeat itself with all of the recent abuse scandals (US gymnastics, Penn St., Catholic priests, etc.).

She's living in a hotel with hired security after receiving death threats. I'd say she has already sacrificed quite a bit.

Edited by retread

2 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I do understand. .  So the new standard is you just have to be credible. She hasn't put anything on the line. If she succeeds, she will be a liberal hero. If she fails, she will still be a liberal martyr. She is a known left wing anti Trump activist as is her attorney. Maybe I could write a letter to the CRUZ campaign. I saw Beto molest a child and I can certainly be credible even if I am lying.

Yes write that letter.  Then write a letter saying you want the FBI to investigate it and you are willing to give sworn testimony under  the threat of felony charges.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Cool. Write your letter. Then be prepared to tell the FBI or Congress the same and face the consequences for lying to the FBI.

I’m sorry but what a stupid fucking post.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stros said:

If someone fucked up my life 36 years ago for assaulting me, and it effects my life everyday. I would want to get that monkey off my back ASAP. Why did she not do this in 2012? Because she’s a liberal activist.

This is how you ignore data, folks.

A huge number of victims of sexual assault either 1) never report the assault, or 2) do not address/confront/report the issue until years - often decades - after the fact.  I mean, it's literally something that happens every single day, with respect to people who aren't making any headlines, aren't making any political impact, etc.

So, to believe Stros' take, ALL of those tens of thousands of sexual assault victims (both male and female) who don't tell ANYONE about a sexual assault until decades later....they are all liberal activists, playing it for political gain.

Or....here's another thought....the fact that a person delays speaking to anyone about their assault is an absolutely normal approach that has happened hundreds of thousands of times with respect to actual instances of assault.  And the fact that a person doesn't report an assault until much later is not probative of the assault actually happening/not actually happening in the first place.

I mean, I can't IMAGINE why a 15 year old girl would hesitate to tell everyone about going to a party with underage drinking and hellraising where she ended up getting assaulted by an upperclassman.  Nope, every time that happens, the girl goes right to the authorities and makes a full report.  If she doesn't, then it didn't happen.  

Note -- AGAIN, I am not passing judgment on her or Kavanaugh yet.  I AM noting that attacking an accuser because the allegation didn't come out  until years later ignores the plain and simple fact that in many cases, that's exactly the timing of reporting that you see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

So you believe this woman who has done  nothing more than write a letter and because you hate Trump but don't believe those other woman because you liked Slick. Of course.

No, that isn't accurate.   But this is a totally accurate description of your position, in reverse, which should make you rethink things. 

I believe Dr. Ford based on the credibility evidenced in her statement and supporting circumstances, like the therapist account, polygraph, and request for an FBI investigation.  I don't believe Kavanaugh based on his penchant for lying on other issues.  But I'm willing to change my position as I hear more evidence.   Hatred for Trump has nothing to do with this; the alternative to Kavanaugh will just be another guy on Trump's list. 

As for Bill Clinton, I believe Paula Jones and I think he at minimum pressured Juanita Broaddrick into sex that she didn't want, which is unacceptable to me.   Whether she actually said no or just gave in to pressure, I don't know.  She recanted sworn testimony, as did Willey, who I don't find credible for a number of reasons.  Based on what we know, Dr. Ford is more credible than either of them. 

More to the point, I think Clinton is a scumbag and I would oppose any nomination of him to the Supreme Court.   Yet you buy the Clinton accusers' accounts lock, stock, and barrel while completely disbelieving Dr. Ford.   It's purely because of your partisan interest. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

It's fine if you don't fully trust her story or recollection, but you really are gonna defend that poster saying "it may have been her wet dream"?  Really??  That seems well adjusted and perfectly appropriate to you?  

Wet dream was probably a poor choice of words.. I agree. The problem is that I don't know the facts and I am not sure anyone else does. . The other concern is the questionable timing, the fact that she claims to want to stay anonymous and yet took a polygraph and then hired a far left wing anti Trump attorney that has connections to Soros. And yet this intelligent woman thought that she could stay anonymous. I believe until proven otherwise that this is just another setup just like Thomas because dems lost elections and this is their only option left.

If it can be proven otherwise, I'll listen... a little.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Stros said:

If someone fucked up my life 36 years ago for assaulting me, and it effects my life everyday. I would want to get that monkey off my back ASAP. Why did she not do this in 2012? Because she’s a liberal activist. This is all politics, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by DDD Dad
Chrome sucks

Just now, realgreggym said:

Wet dream was probably a poor choice of words.. I agree. The problem is that I don't know the facts and I am not sure anyone else does. . The other concern is the questionable timing, the fact that she claims to want to stay anonymous and yet took a polygraph and then hired a far left wing anti Trump attorney that has connections to Soros. And yet this intelligent woman thought that she could stay anonymous. I believe until proven otherwise that this is just another setup just like Thomas because dems lost elections and this is their only option left.

Ah yes, let's throw some good old fashioned Jew bashing into the mix.

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

So all of what you've said is EXACTLY why the Federal Bureau of Investigation should probably take a look at these allegations. It's a FELONY to lie to the FBI, just ask the majority of trump's senior campaign staff, so why would she be lying and begging for a felony? Why is it out of the question for the FBI to investigate this?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is how you ignore data, folks.

A huge number of victims of sexual assault either 1) never report the assault, or 2) do not address/confront/report the issue until years - often decades - after the fact.  I mean, it's literally something that happens every single day, with respect to people who aren't making any headlines, aren't making any political impact, etc.

So, to believe Stros' take, ALL of those tens of thousands of sexual assault victims (both male and female) who don't tell ANYONE about a sexual assault until decades later....they are all liberal activists, playing it for political gain.

Or....here's another thought....the fact that a person delays speaking to anyone about their assault is an absolutely normal approach that has happened hundreds of thousands of times with respect to actual instances of assault.  And the fact that a person doesn't report an assault until much later is not probative of the assault actually happening/not actually happening in the first place.

I mean, I can't IMAGINE why a 15 year old girl would hesitate to tell everyone about going to a party with underage drinking and hellraising where she ended up getting assaulted by an upperclassman.  Nope, every time that happens, the girl goes right to the authorities and makes a full report.  If she doesn't, then it didn't happen.  

Note -- AGAIN, I am not passing judgment on her or Kavanaugh yet.  I AM noting that attacking an accuser because the allegation didn't come out  until years later ignores the plain and simple fact that in many cases, that's exactly the timing of reporting that you see.

1000% this. And the dirty fuckers on the left and the right trying to use this shit for a "political win" is about the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

There are countless examples of victims who were silent for many years after abuse as a child/adolescent. We've seen this repeat itself with all of the recent abuse scandals (US gymnastics, Penn St., Catholic priests, etc.).
She's living in a hotel with hired security after receiving death threats. I'd say she has already sacrificed quite a bit.

She is a hero to the left. She will get a high paying job win or lose from the left. She will be a rockstar to the left if it crushes Kavanaugh.
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Geez.  Do you guys go out and scan the QAnon reddit before coming here with these hot takes?

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cool. Write your letter. Then be prepared to tell the FBI or Congress the same and face the consequences for lying to the FBI.

I’m sorry but what a stupid fucking post.

I am going to face the same consequences that Hillary has? When  do I get my $145 million bribe, er contribution to my newly formed Greggym Foundation to Help the World Get Rid of Bad Bowel Movements,

BTW, I just got an email from Calvin. He never liked you.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Stros said:

She is a hero to the left. She will get a high paying job win or lose from the left. She will be a rockstar to the left if it crushes Kavanaugh.

She is already a career scientist and academic and is squarely NOT in politics. The fact that you think she's doing this as a career play is a testament to just how caustically cynical you are about this and how blinded you are by your biases.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

She is already a career scientist and academic and is squarely NOT in politics. The fact that you think she's doing this as a career play is a testament to just how caustically cynical you are about this and how blinded you are by your biases.

Irrational is his brand.

This is huge coming from Sen. Collins:

“Since we know that Dr. Ford had already secured the services of an attorney and presumably knows what she wants to say and there’s more than a week between when she made the allegations and the date of the hearing, I just don’t understand why the hearings shouldn’t go forward,” Sen. Susan Collins (R., Maine), a key undecided vote on Judge Kavanaugh, told a Maine radio show Wednesday.

Reading through this thread reminds me of why I hardly venture down here. Mostly reasonable people on other boards become fucking assholes, stone cold blind to any sort of reasoning that maybe there is more to the story than what your preferred news source would have you believe. Maybe kavanaugh actually did this shit and it needs to be vetted. Maybe the lady is making it all the fuck up and it's a ploy to sink a conservative nominee to the Supreme Court. Nobody knows for sure right now but pitchforks are out on the left and the right is ready to toss this lady off a cliff.

One of these days we will all meet in the middle and realize the working class is getting fucked by the right and left and all of the political elites in Washington. I'm convinced not one elected official gives a flying fuck about their constituents and that's why All the vitriol that is spewed between us on message boards is unwarranted. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out

My .02, now y'all may return to yelling at each other. I'm going back to see if toilet smurf has done anything unhinged today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Icono's past struggles are irrelevant to this debate.

There are reasons people who are salvageable commit terrible crimes and fall into addiction, but asking for advice about where to get your Chinese knock-off football jerseys tailored is unrecoverable. That's not a struggle, that's a character defect that cannot be fixed even with the combined powers of Jesus, Mohammed, and Odin.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

As I've said before, it would have really helped if Kavanaugh was more credible than what was put on display during the confirmation hearings. 

yeah, his lies and intentionally misleading answers under oath are really becoming an issue now that it's a s/he said

1 minute ago, Cody2422 said:

Reading through this thread reminds me of why I hardly venture down here. Mostly reasonable people on other boards become fucking assholes, stone cold blind to any sort of reasoning that maybe there is more to the story than what your preferred news source would have you believe. Maybe kavanaugh actually did this shit and it needs to be vetted. Maybe the lady is making it all the fuck up and it's a ploy to sink a conservative nominee to the Supreme Court. Nobody knows for sure right now but pitchforks are out on the left and the right is ready to toss this lady off a cliff.

One of these days we will all meet in the middle and realize the working class is getting fucked by the right and left and all of the political elites in Washington. I'm convinced not one elected official gives a flying fuck about their constituents and that's why All the vitriol that is spewed between us on message boards is unwarranted. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out

My .02, now y'all may return to yelling at each other. I'm going back to see if toilet smurf has done anything unhinged today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'd care if more people voted. That's all it takes. They fear voters more than anything else.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I'm sorry, but asking for advice about where to get your Chinese knock-off football jerseys tailored is unrecoverable. That's not a struggle, that's a character defect that cannot be fixed even with the combined powers of Jesus, Mohammed, and Odin.

Fair enough, the jersey is fair game.