Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Feels fine to me as a conservative supportive of this nominee. This accusation is not going to even be a speed bump anymore. The only person that tried corroborate Dr. Ford’s accusation backtracked from her Facebook post. I’m sure Kavanaugh will be gracious on Monday despite the attempted smear job. 

lol

GettyImages-1026738744.jpg?q=65&enable=u

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Swing voters in West Virginia are not basing their vote on how Manchin votes on this. Anyone who really wants a partisan Republican ratfucker justice is already a partisan Republican and is voting Republican.

There was an earlier poll that had Manchin winning by 2 points if he voted no, and 29 points if he voted yes.  I certainly don't know what those numbers would be today, but you can bet that Manchin will know when he votes and it will be an important consideration.

Just now, MixtyMotions said:

There was an earlier poll that had Manchin winning by 2 points if he voted no, and 29 points if he voted yes.  I certainly don't know what those numbers would be today, but you can bet that Manchin will know when he votes and it will be an important consideration.

That's an absurd poll. Only committed partisans care about the judiciary. The number of Republican voters in West Virginia who strongly want to see a partisan Republican justice nominated that will vote for Manchin if he votes yes on Kavanaugh is 0. Most people who aren't already staunchly partisan and attentive to politics don't care about justices, judges, or political appointees in general and certainly don't base their votes on how a candidate votes for nominees. 

16 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Good NY Times profile on Dr. Blasey (Ford):

https://nyti.ms/2DalMhr

I love the tactic the Times employed there of detailing other women’s experiences of possible sexual assault by teens from Kavanaugh’s school other than him. He must be guilty if other boys did it!!! The Senator from Hawaii said all of of us men are at fault. Collective guilt and punishment. Just like white privilege that needs to be checked. This is the brave new world the left has in store fir us.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I love the tactic the Times employed there of detailing other women’s experiences of possible sexual assault by teens from Kavanaugh’s school other than him. He must be guilty if other boys did it!!! The Senator from Hawaii said all of of us men are at fault. Collective guilt and punishment. Just like white privilege that needs to be checked. This is the brave new world the left has in store fir us.

Be honest, you've hit a woman before, haven't you?

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Be honest, you've hit a woman before, haven't you?

Never you son of a bitch. Never forced myself on a woman. I’m vocal because I don’t like what looks like a political smear job. You seem to be taking this too personally. Yesterday saying I needed to have my ass kicked.  Need to unplug dude 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Never you son of a bitch. Never forced myself on a woman. I’m vocal because I don’t like what looks like a political smear job. You seem to be taking this too personally. Yesterday saying I needed to have my ass kicked.  Need to unplug dude 

Nobody's taking it personally.  You're coming across as a complete jackass.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Chill out, Wildcat is not taking it personal he's just being vocal because it looks like you are doing a political smear job against a victim of sexual assault. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Nobody's taking it personally.  You're coming across as a complete jackass.

Really, I see the conservatives being the well adjusted ones here. We’re not the ones negging y’all like bitches that ran off a lot of people. I’m glad to see others of likemind coming back to post here. Wildcat threatens violence and accuses me of domestic assault, Roma Victa especially and Gil Bang and JimmyJames grumbling and being pissy cunts in their posts. Credit to David Dennison and Hugo for sticking to the discussion and not being malevolent cunts. Compare that to greggym, Chrispy, Stros and myself. I have been vitriolic towards the accuser a bit as an act for washpark’s sake. We conservative posters are a better adjusted lot when dealing with y’all.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I just hate the posturing that anyone really actually gives a shit that this event actually happened or not. 

I give a shit if he is engaging in high stakes lying today, about anything, to the Senate and the US public.  What happened at age 17 isn't necessarily disqualifying, but lying about it and other things -today- is disqualifying.

Getting back on topic. Why did this woman scrub her social media profile. I want to see pictures of her wearing the pink pussy hats from the Women’s March organized by Linda Sarsour who has links to the Muslim Brotherhood backed CAIR which I’d label as receiving terrorist funds and shut down if I could.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

10 minutes ago, Stros said:

Why did she come out to her therapist in 2012? Because Mitt Romney had Brett Kavanaugh on his short list for SC appointees.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2012/09/30/politics/court-romney-list/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%

And what is your inference???  Please state your thesis based on the information you linked.....

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Getting back on topic. Why did this woman scrub her social media profile. I want to see pictures of her wearing the pink pussy hats from the Women’s March organized by Linda Sarsour who has links to the Muslim Brotherhood backed CAIR which I’d label as receiving terrorist funds and shut down if I could.

You are a psychopath.

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Really, I see the conservatives being the well adjusted ones here. ...  We conservative posters are a better adjusted lot when dealing with y’all.  

~*~* 3 minutes later ~*~*

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You sure you really wanna go do the "has links to" path?

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Seek therapy. 

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

~*~* 3 minutes later ~*~*

On 9/18/2018 at 9:15 PM, Stros said:

Where is your proof? She doesn’t remember anyone at the party, where the party was, or when the party was. For all we know it could have been a wet dream.

Another "well adjusted conservative" asserting a woman's rape allegation is just a her wet dream. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

hey, remember when you had a bad time? i think you are still having a bad time, with different circumstances afoot. i think you really need some help. you clearly hate this woman. why?

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Negged for obfuscation and hack partisan amateur operative bs. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Getting back on topic. Why did this woman scrub her social media profile.

Didn't you ask this same question about 5 pages back?

I'll go ahead and take a stab at answering again anyway.  You might recall that she has received death threats, had her email account hacked, moved out of her house, and hired a private security firm.

Don't you think scrubbing your social media account might be a good idea if a bunch of crazies might use it against you and harm you or those you love?

Edited by DDD Dad

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

grown man who wears football jerseys . . . screams about people being pissy cunts but is the walking talking definition of a pissy cunt . . .

Gosh, it's a strange world.  Sorry if I got a detail or two wrong, I'm sure there are others I could fill in.  Not that there's anything wrong with any of it, other than the fact that you're a fucking raging hypocrite.

Oh my god is this tailored football jerseys guy!??!

[edit]

Tailoring football jerseys to suit your figure is unconscionable. Ignored.

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Another "well adjusted conservative" asserting a woman's rape allegation is just a her wet dream. 

No, a poster asking you simple questions. She doesn't remember almost anything. Its just as possible that this event happened at a different time and place and someone else assaulted her and she confused Kavanaugh for the other guy. The point is that she hasn't provided anything other than a letter that Feinstein has refused as of now to release to Grassley. Maybe she is hiding something. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

No, a poster asking you simple questions. She doesn't remember almost anything. Its just as possible that this event happened at a different time and place and someone else assaulted her and she confused Kavanaugh for the other guy. The point is that she hasn't provided anything other than a letter that Feinstein has refused as of now to release to Grassley. Maybe she is hiding something. 

She released a public statement in addition to that letter, actually. 

Edit:  more accurately, an interview: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/california-professor-writer-of-confidential-brett-kavanaugh-letter-speaks-out-about-her-allegation-of-sexual-assault/2018/09/16/46982194-b846-11e8-94eb-3bd52dfe917b_story.html

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hey, remember when you had a bad time? i think you are still having a bad time, with different circumstances afoot. i think you really need some help. you clearly hate this woman. why?

I’m not a fan of someone lobbing an accusation grenade that any of us would be mortified about if cast against us and not having the stones to come forward and testify and be heard. She can testify in PRIVATE! Testify on Monday and I will at least respect her for having the stones for following through. Y’all take her at face value because you want to Bork this nominee. At this point with her planning on not appearing her motives are suspect. What is her endgame? Does she want an apology or does she really want to stop another conservative for partisan reasons?

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

49 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You realize that the President does this every fucking day right?

• Like 2

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not a fan of someone lobbing an accusation grenade that any of us would be mortified about if cast against us and not having the stones to come forward and testify and be heard. She can do it in PRIVATE! Testify on Monday and I will at least respect her for following through. At this point with her planning on not appearing her motives are suspect. What is her endgame? Does she want an apology or does she really want to stop another conservative for partisan reasons?

it's epidemic, this rash of women coming forth with false accusations. you are totally right. it's common for crisis actors to accuse men of assault. it usually ends up so well for them.

oh wait.

hell, if they come forward with proven accusations, it rarely ends well for them. monica lewinski was ruined, and she was the actual victim. 

• Like 2

Just now, realgreggym said:

L.  M.  F.  A.  O.

Yes, the average victim of sexual assault who claims the person she knows well was the perpetrator could be "confused".

God dammit, you are half the problem.  Stop marginalizing and finding excuses to get around victims' claims.  If your HS baseball teammate -- say, the 3rd baseman -- beat the fuck out of you with a baseball bat, would you entertain the idea that maybe you didn't quite remember correctly, maybe it had been somebody else?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Oh my god is this tailored football jerseys guy!??!

[edit]

tailoring football jerseys to suit your figure is unconscionable. Ignored.

You’re the guy who thought Justice Kennedy was related to Chappaquiddick Ted and the rest of the Massachusetts Kennedys.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's epidemic, this rash of women coming forth with false accusations. you are totally right. it's common for crisis actors to accuse men of assault. it usually ends up so well for them.

oh wait.

hell, if they come forward with proven accusations, it rarely ends well for them. monica lewinski was ruined, and she was the actual victim. 

The legit ones usually have date, time, place and other important facts about the perpetrator handy. I know I watch a lot of Law & Order SVU

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

She released a public statement in addition to that letter, actually. 

Its to my understanding that Grassley has asked Feinstein to see the letter and she has refused up until today. Seems a little suspicious to me. Also, any one can make a public statement. Her attorney and many senators say she should be believed because she's a woman but at the same time they don't believe Keith Ellison's former girlfriend and the attorney has stated that she didn't believe Paula Jones. Sounds a little questionable.

And to answer a previous post, saying that Reps don't care because they haven't subpoenaed her is nonsense. Those same people would be screaming  that the Repubs are bullying her and forcing her to appear against her will. TDS is real. Thank goodness its not covered on insurance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2