Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

yeah, can't imagine why a woman who's literally receiving death threats and who's been doxxed by crazy people may want some special consideration for her safety.

You need to read her attorney’s statement again, that wasn’t her only consideration. 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

You need to read her attorney’s statement again, that wasn’t her only consideration. 

What' that the hearing be fair and safe, and not be arbitrarily on Monday? That's really the only requests that I see from the email. If that's unreasonable to you, then wow.

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, that isn't accurate.   But this is a totally accurate description of your position, in reverse, which should make you rethink things. 

I believe Dr. Ford based on the credibility evidenced in her statement and supporting circumstances, like the therapist account, polygraph, and request for an FBI investigation.  I don't believe Kavanaugh based on his penchant for lying on other issues.  But I'm willing to change my position as I hear more evidence.   Hatred for Trump has nothing to do with this; the alternative to Kavanaugh will just be another guy on Trump's list. 

As for Bill Clinton, I believe Paula Jones and I think he at minimum pressured Juanita Broaddrick into sex that she didn't want, which is unacceptable to me.   Whether she actually said no or just gave in to pressure, I don't know.  She recanted sworn testimony, as did Willey, who I don't find credible for a number of reasons.  Based on what we know, Dr. Ford is more credible than either of them. 

More to the point, I think Clinton is a scumbag and I would oppose any nomination of him to the Supreme Court.   Yet you buy the Clinton accusers' accounts lock, stock, and barrel while completely disbelieving Dr. Ford.   It's purely because of your partisan interest. 

And many believe Dr Ford solely because she is a woman. The therapist account doesn't mention Kavanaugh. It mentions boys from a prep school. As far as the polygraph, what was she asked. Do you remember when this happened? No. Do you remember where it happened? No. Were there boys in the room? Yes. Do you remember how you got home? No. Did you have your clothes on? Yes. She passes because she told the truth. The FBI investigation is nothing but a delay tactic. What is there to investigate. Talk to the other boy in the room. He has already denied that anything happened. What else should they do. Go visit the alleged crime scene. Good, oh wait. Go call everyone in the 36 year old yearbook. That will help.

And something that gets lost in all of this is that there has never been anything like this ever brought up against him anytime the FBI vetted him the previously 6 times. And lets not forget that while dems are saying she should be believed because she is a woman. they are the same dems that ignore or don't believe Keith Ellison' ex.

And to say that Trump can just nominate another conservative, we both know thats nonsense. Dems will just pull the same crap again and you know it especially if they don't take over the senate in themed terms. Again, this is nothing more than a delaying tactic.. 

I am no more partisan than most of this board.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What' that the hearing be fair and safe, and not be arbitrarily on Monday? That's really the only requests that I see from the email. If that's unreasonable to you, then wow.

No, it says “fair terms” and I’m curious what that means. You’re being unnecessarily argumentative.

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Then he really should know better than to peddle "Soros-linked" conspiracy theories.

Soros was born a Jew and renounced his Judaism decades ago. But good  news for you. He helped the Nazis find and gas Jews living in Hungary. He is as much of a Jew as you.  I am not peddling conspiracies. I am stating the situation. The fact is that you're an idiot and clueless  and always good for a laugh.

Edited by realgreggym
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

Just now, Chrispy said:

No, it says “fair terms” and I’m curious what that means. You’re being unnecessarily argumentative.

No, you're being intentionally obtuse in saying " that wasn’t her only consideration", making it sound like she's being unreasonable, when she's receiving death threats and getting doxxed and all of conservative media is painting her as some political zealot. It's not like people's homes have been burned down when credibly accusing prominent GOP politicians or anything right? 

I'm not being argumentative, it's that I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt when you consistently make misleading statements about a woman who faced sexual assault. 

2 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Soros was born a Jew and renounced his Judaism decades ago. But good  news for you. He helped the Nazis find and gas Jews living in Hungary. I am not peddling conspiracies. I am stating the situation. The fact is that you're an idiot and clueless  and always good for a laugh.

George Soros was 7 years old when Hungary started passing anti-Jewish measures, you troglodyte.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Soros was born a Jew and renounced his Judaism decades ago. But good  news for you. He helped the Nazis find and gas Jews living in Hungary. I am not peddling conspiracies. I am stating the situation. The fact is that you're an idiot and clueless  and always good for a laugh.

You are not stating the situation. You are lying. 

• Like 1

Just now, realgreggym said:

Soros was born a Jew and renounced his Judaism decades ago. But good  news for you. He helped the Nazis find and gas Jews living in Hungary. He is as much of a Jew as you.  I am not peddling conspiracies. I am stating the situation. The fact is that you're an idiot and clueless  and always good for a laugh.

Wow, so you're legitimately batshit crazy.

6 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

And many believe Dr Ford solely because she is a woman. The therapist account doesn't mention Kavanaugh. It mentions boys from a prep school. As far as the polygraph, what was she asked. Do you remember when this happened? No. Do you remember where it happened? No. Were there boys in the room? Yes. Do you remember how you got home? No. Did you have your clothes on? Yes. She passes because she told the truth. The FBI investigation is nothing but a delay tactic. What is there to investigate. Talk to the other boy in the room. He has already denied that anything happened. What else should they do. Go visit the alleged crime scene. Good, oh wait. Go call everyone in the 36 year old yearbook. That will help.

And something that gets lost in all of this is that there has never been anything like this ever brought up against him anytime the FBI vetted him the previously 6 times. And lets not forget that while dems are saying she should be believed because she is a woman. they are the same dems that ignore or don't believe Keith Ellison' ex.

And to say that Trump can just nominate another conservative, we both know thats nonsense. Dems will just pull the same crap again and you know it especially if they don't take over the senate in themed terms. Again, this is nothing more than a delaying tactic.. 

I am no more partisan than most of this board.

Actually, she was asked in the polygraph about the substance of her attempted-rape allegation against Kavanaugh and confirmed it. 

Nobody is saying that she should be believed solely because she is a woman.  It's because she's a credible woman.  As for the FBI, they can interview Judge, for one thing.  They can nail down Kavanagh's story and the accuser's account.   They can do what they do in every background check.  That's why they do them. 

And I don't buy your claim that nobody else could get through without such allegations.   Nothing like this came up with Gorsuch, which totally undercuts your argument. 

And I notice you haven't explained why you find the Clinton accusers who recanted their sworn testimony to be credible, particularly compared to Dr. Ford.   How do you explain that? 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

No, you're being intentionally obtuse in saying " that wasn’t her only consideration", making it sound like she's being unreasonable, when she's receiving death threats and getting doxxed and all of conservative media is painting her as some political zealot. It's not like people's homes have been burned down when credibly accusing prominent GOP politicians or anything right? 

I'm not being argumentative, it's that I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt when you consistently make misleading statements about a woman who faced sexual assault. 

Now that we know she faced sexual assault I am not sure what else needs to be discussed. Kavanaugh needs to remove himself from consideration and let the FBI do investigation #7. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Now that we know she faced sexual assault I am not sure what else needs to be discussed. Kavanaugh needs to remove himself from consideration and let the FBI do investigation #7. 

Just to let you know, I'm negging you not because I disagree with your statement (which I do, btw), but because you're making such a lazy fucking argument and dismissing everything I said.

7 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

To be fair to you. Could you please provide us some proof of this claim? Preferably not from Alex Jones or Dinesh D'Souza. Please try to convince the board of this claim. 

Also worth noting: the GOP holds all the cards here. If they think she's lying or her friends are lying, they have all the subpoena power to test the veracity of their claims. It's strange that they're doing absolutely NOTHING to investigate the claims and to investigate previous perjury before the SJC.

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Again, I’m forced to tautology, but safety wasn’t her only consideration. I’m curious to see the terms and that’s reasonable. 

7 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

To be fair to you. Could you please provide us some proof of this claim? Preferably not from Alex Jones or Dinesh D'Souza. Please try to convince the board of this claim. 

It’s true Soros helped the Nazis when he was 13 but he didn’t exactly have a choice or know exactly what he was doing.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Chrispy said:

Again, I’m forced to tautology, but safety wasn’t her only consideration. I’m curious to see the terms and that’s reasonable. 

Maybe you'd be less forced to tautology if you didn't consistently frame things in the most misleading way possible. It's fair to say you'd like to hear her conditions and then decide. It's not fair to frame that as "reread the statement, she's asking for much more than that" and shift the conversation to how unreasonable she's being, when she has a valid and tangible danger to her well-being.

Just now, Captainant said:

Also worth noting: the GOP holds all the cards here. If they think she's lying or her friends are lying, they have all the subpoena power to test the veracity of their claims. It's strange that they're doing absolutely NOTHING to investigate the claims and to investigate previous perjury before the SJC.

The Senate Judiciary is investigating.  Just go look at their twitter feed.  

And this lady could not be more credible.  The only issue, in my mind, is how to prove if it was Kavanaugh or not.  This 'let's see if she's credible' under testimony is a ridiculous standard and purely opinion based.  I'll go ahead and guess the Hugo/Denison/et all will say she's supremely credible and therefor truthful.  Chrispy, greggy and IC are going to say she was clearly lying and couldn't remember enough details to satisfy.  Then we are back to right here again.  Back to your corners.    

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Wow, so you're legitimately batshit crazy.

No it’s ok for the left to call out the Koch brothers and their evil machinations but we on the right can’t rightfully criticize Soros for all of the progressive political causes he funds. We’re nuts or batshit insane. 

One thing that puzzles me is the Republicans acting like this is a race against time and nothing else matters if you cross the finish line before the buzzer.  If you confirm this dude, and then these allegations later prove to be undeniably true (or even just PROBABLY true in the court of public opinion) that is a BAAAAD look.  And while the current leadership won't do anything, there will be a time when the other side is in charge (assuredly November of 2018 if this hits the fan by election day) and I can guarantee "impeach the swing justice who committed sexual assault" will be high on their list.

If they want Kavanaugh to stick, they need to allow time to make sure he is cleared.  Yet another reason why I can't believe Amy Coney Barrett isn't sitting on Capital Hill right now.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

No it’s ok for the left to call out the Koch brothers and their evil machinations but we on the right can’t rightfully criticize Soros for all of the progressive political causes he funds. We’re nuts or batshit insane. 

You fucking disingenuous fuck. No one is saying you can't criticize his political positions. Go right ahead. Do you think that's slightly different than claiming he gleefully aided in the fucking holocaust.

• Like 3

That's what happens when you cater to white nationalism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

She’d probably be willing to do so if they gave any indication that they were interested in conducting a thorough good-faith investigation. It’s pretty clear though that they aren’t remotely interested in that.

Doesn't matter.  She needs to call their bluff. 

If she decides she can't deal with it, then she can't deal with it.  That's her choice.  But by not doing it she is waiving her chance to get it on the record before the vote is final. 

She doesn't testify - Republicans win.

She testifies - Republicans might not win.

46 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I am going to face the same consequences that Hillary has? When  do I get my $145 million bribe, er contribution to my newly formed Greggym Foundation to Help the World Get Rid of Bad Bowel Movements,

BTW, I just got an email from Calvin. He never liked you.

Oh look how clever you are. Seek help champ

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Maybe you'd be less forced to tautology if you didn't consistently frame things in the most misleading way possible. It's fair to say you'd like to hear her conditions and then decide. It's not fair to frame that as "reread the statement, she's asking for much more than that" and shift the conversation to how unreasonable she's being, when she has a valid and tangible danger to her well-being.

I don’t know if she’s being unreasonable as I haven’t heard what she deems to be fair. Excuse me if I don’t give the Democrats the benefit of the doubt, they’re playing hardball. 

22 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

How incredibly sad that you both believe and spread this false anti-semitic narrative. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

Most on the left have never accused the Koch brothers of actively participating in mass genocide.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

George Soros was 7 years old when Hungary started passing anti-Jewish measures, you troglodyte.

You are so easily baited,Thats correct. And thats exactly why he was able to help the Nazis . No one suspected that a 7 year old would do what he did. And if you weren't such an idiot, you would know that many years later he was asked if he regretted exposing Jews that were hiding from the Nazis and sending them to be gassed and he said he had absolutely no regrets.

You're pathetic.

• Fuck You 9

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

You fucking disingenuous fuck. No one is saying you can't criticize his political positions. Go right ahead. Do you think that's slightly different than claiming he gleefully aided in the fucking holocaust.

wildcat accused greggym of “Jew-baiting” by merely bringing up the name of Soros as a way to discredit the possible connection to a known leftist provocateur. Reread the posts