Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m a troll because a good friend of mine posts on this site as well? You are a fascinating creature. 

Thanks. I guess I am a fascinating creature. Whatever the hell that means. 

That vmw guys trolling goes way back to the other board. You on the other hand are a more recent troll. The chance of you two being big neighborhood fence buddies is absolutely zero. But keep going with that. 

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

iconoclast is way too personally invested to see any reason. he just needs to see this bitch destroyed publicly. that's all he wants at this point. because reasons.

IT has gone full asshole at this point, and I don't mean the fun lovable normal Surly type of asshole. I mean the infected gaping prolapsed type. He's treading pretty close to the legitimately deserves a good ass kicking line.

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

IT has gone full asshole at this point, and I don't mean the fun lovable normal Surly type of asshole. I mean the infected gaping prolapsed type. He's treading pretty close to the legitimately deserves a good ass kicking line.

Yep.  It's quite obvious he hates women who speak up.

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Let’s first see if she comes off as credible in her testimony. 

how about if we see if she comes across as credible to the federal fucking bureau of investigation.

i mean, it's beyond obvious you are a complete misogynist at this point. this is very personal to you. i think it's because you hate women in some capacity.

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Thanks. I guess I am a fascinating creature. Whatever the hell that means. 

That vmw guys trolling goes way back to the other board. You on the other hand are a more recent troll. The chance of you two being big neighborhood fence buddies is absolutely zero. But keep going with that. 

Our friendship began well before Shaggy’s inception. I do remember him talking incessantly about a bet he had with some guy about the election results. I really only read the recruiting thread at the time because politics weren’t on my radar, times seemed much simpler. I’m sincerely not trying to troll you, but this will my last post on the matter as my attempts to cajole you are becoming increasingly boring. 

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Threatening physical violence agains me doesn’t make you an asshole. Not at all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

how about if we see if she comes across as credible to the federal fucking bureau of investigation.

i mean, it's beyond obvious you are a complete misogynist at this point. this is very personal to you. i think it's because you hate women in some capacity.

I wanted to give washpark full validation and evidence that I’m a raging misogynist. I felt bad when he claimed I was and he didn’t have any evidence to back it up a month ago.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I wanted to give washpark full validation and evidence that I’m a raging misogynist. I felt bad when he claimed I was and he didn’t have any evidence to back it up a month ago.

oh, so you're trolling?

or do you really believe in what you are currently posting about this accuser?

Just now, Incredulity said:

Mayor Carmine De Pasto:  So, if you mention extortion again, I'll have your legs broken.

I didn't say that I would kick his ass, nor that I would have someone else kick his ass. I didn't even hint at either. I simply said he was close to deserving a good ass kicking. Since you don't seem to grasp the nuances of the English language, I'll be more blunt. He's a misogynistic asshole and if some shaved-head bra-burning feminist kicked him square in the nuts for being a misogynistic asshole I would think he deserved it, and after I stopped laughing I'd buy her a drink.

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I didn't say that I would kick his ass, nor that I would have someone else kick his ass. I didn't even hint at either. I simply said he was close to deserving a good ass kicking. Since you don't seem to grasp the nuances of the English language, I'll be more blunt. He's a misogynistic asshole and if some shaved-head bra-burning feminist kicked him square in the nuts for being a misogynistic asshole I would think he deserved it, and after I stopped laughing I'd buy her a drink.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Our friendship began well before Shaggy’s inception. I do remember him talking incessantly about a bet he had with some guy about the election results. I really only read the recruiting thread at the time because politics weren’t on my radar, times seemed much simpler. I’m sincerely not trying to troll you, but this will my last post on the matter as my attempts to cajole you are becoming increasingly boring. 

How often do you and VMW go square dancing? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ndawg said:

On an abstract level, the mentally retarded verbal purse fighting is such a depressingly predictable backdrop to an issue that's so clearly rooted in the power dynamics between men and women.

The atoms of a better universe will have the right for the same as you are the way we shall have to be a great place for a great time to enjoy the day you are a wonderful person to your great time to take the fun and take a great time and enjoy the great day you will be a wonderful time for your parents and kids

23 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

oh, so you're trolling?

or do you really believe in what you are currently posting about this accuser?

Yes it was primarily performance art. Hank Scorpio style. I’m more sympathetic with Kavanaugh than the accuser. Amy Coney Barrett works fine for me if he sinks

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The atoms of a better universe will have the right for the same as you are the way we shall have to be a great place for a great time to enjoy the day you are a wonderful person to your great time to take the fun and take a great time and enjoy the great day you will be a wonderful time for your parents and kids

QFF'nT, man.....

hqdefault.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I will fight everyone in this thread if we don’t get back to talking about Kavanaugh.

Do you ever like post about LSU football or sports like a normal person? I was at Shoal Creek watching the Auburn game before the USC game. Man what an improvement from the last time I was there in the early 2000s. The TV setup was amazing. There were TVs everywhere. Too bad their po boys suck

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Do you ever like post about LSU football or sports like a normal person? I was at Shoal Creek watching the Auburn game before the USC game. Man what an improvement from the last time I was there in the early 2000s. The TV setup was amazing. There were TVs everywhere. Too bad their po boys suck

Was anyone reading the Financial Times?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Actually, yes, he posted about the LSU game quite a bit. Go read the thread from Saturday.  He actually started the thread for the game!

Edited by Js1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

but that is not where all the jewish women go to be fancy and be seen wearing their heels.  what were you doing there?

i think the most amusing thing about this thread is the revelation that iconoclast thinks that anyone takes him or his opinions remotely seriously...and that his posts aren't universally met with eyerolling bemusement.

lulz.

I love watching Republicans squirm here. They had a chance to affirm a very reasonable and centrist candidate in Garland, but they chose to obstruct. So when this nomination process hits the 400 day mark, then the pubs might have something to bitch about. In the meantime, take your medicine and quit crying, you fucking babies. Apparently they can dish it, but not take it.

• Like 3

Kavanaugh submitted incomplete transcript of a public appearance:

I read that earlier and my take is that it’s a non issue.

Looks like he wrote an essay and also gave a speech based upon it.

The request was for writings. The essay would be responsive, a transcript of a speech would not.

So Feinstein got word of this allegation in July everyone thinks she just sat on it?  Not a very Feinstein thing to do.  I’d speculate she spent some time conducting her own investigation to determine the veracity of the allegation before taking it to the FBI.  It would be foolish of her to make this an issue without doing her due diligence. 

6 hours ago, MixtyMotions said:

It's not a legal argument or even a Senate rules argument.  It's my fairness argument. 

I think that in a political fight both sides need a fair bite at the apple.  Then it's time to move on.  I think, assuming she declines to come Monday, the opponents had their chance. I think this argument will carry the day.  We'll see.

Things will play out exactly as you say, IMO.  That fact does not mean that it is “fair”.

Also, no need for an argument to carry the day.  The GOP will be moving forward and confirming him, regardless of the accuser’s testimony (or lack there of).  There is no debate that will take place.  It’s over.