Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He was banned for posting 

"Go stick up a dick up your ass faggot"

and 

"Im sure your parents are real proud of you ending the family lineage by deciding to play with other guys dicks for fun. What an accomplishment. Enjoy being a genetic dead end while you bite pillows for all the guys plowing you."

Go figure, right?

Was that VMW? 

If so, told y’all he was aggy. 

33 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He was banned for posting 

"Go stick up a dick up your ass faggot"

and 

"Im sure your parents are real proud of you ending the family lineage by deciding to play with other guys dicks for fun. What an accomplishment. Enjoy being a genetic dead end while you bite pillows for all the guys plowing you."

Go figure, right?

Well, kinda. He eventually reached the requisite -100 votes to be banned, but a conversation between him and a mod took a wayward turn as well. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

or, you know, catch up with the news, understand the issue about which you'd like to comment and maybe read the last several pages of the thread before coming in here with your "this is clearly a criminal matter" hot take. this is a political process and a background clearance process, neither of which have anything at all to do with due process.

Then why involve the FBI?  It is my opinion that is is clearly a criminal matter. Someone was sexually assaulted. I personally want the law enforcement with jurisdiction to investigate. 

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Well, kinda. He eventually reached the requisite -100 votes to be banned, but a conversation between him and a mod took a wayward turn as well. 

i can't imagine how that could have happened; he seemed so stable. 

(full disclosure, if i was said mod, i don't remember any private messages, but i ridiculed him quite repeatedly publicly for his terrible and dishonest takes)

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The most eye opening thing in this fiasco is how important Kavanaugh evidently is to the Republicans.

They are sacrificing so much political capital for this guy it makes me think there must be some serious payoff for getting Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.

As opposed to any other GOP stooge Justice. 

This process has been going on for months while the information was literally hidden.  They dont want to start over with someone else based on flimsy statements.  Conveniently, she wont testify unless the FBI investigates but the FBI will not investigate this.  It looks like nothing more than a delay tactic.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, he posted homophobic bullying slurs that got reported and was properly banned.

The most eye opening thing in this fiasco is how important Kavanaugh evidently is to the Republicans.
They are sacrificing so much political capital for this guy it makes me think there must be some serious payoff for getting Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.
He's not a judge who happens to be Republican. He's a judge who's worked for the GOP, who has questions surrounding his finances (amongst other half a dozen issues). Just saying, but yeah, the Pubs really, really like this particular nominee.

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

This process has been going on for months while the information was literally hidden.  They dont want to start over with someone else based on flimsy statements.  Conveniently, she wont testify unless the FBI investigates but the FBI will not investigate this.  It looks like nothing more than a delay tactic.   

Plenty of information was hidden and still is.  None of which was related to Dr. Ford.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Plenty of information was hidden and still is.  None of which was related to Dr. Ford.

It does seem more than a little ironic that 'pubs are bitching about Feinstein "hiding" the letter when they have made a concerted effort to hide a great deal of Kavanaugh's notes.

7 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

The FBI will investigate this as soon as the WH asks them to. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It does seem more than a little ironic that 'pubs are bitching about Feinstein "hiding" the letter when they have made a concerted effort to hide a great deal of Kavanaugh's notes.

Not only that but does anyone really believe no one in the GOP had any knowledge of this allegation’s existence? 

Seems like they were running a massively well funded PR campaign bolstering Kavanaugh’s integrity prior to Dr. Ford.  And that letter signed by 64 women that knew Kavanaugh in High School sure did magically appear fast.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i can't imagine how that could have happened; he seemed so stable. 

(full disclosure, if i was said mod, i don't remember any private messages, but i ridiculed him quite repeatedly publicly for his terrible and dishonest takes)

He’s actually a really sweet guy, but it’s not my job to defend him. He understands he crossed the line this time. 

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The FBI will investigate this as soon as the WH asks them to. 

Which, thankfully, will be never. The Senate has all the information it needs to hold a vote. The Republicans are finally showing some backbone and putting pressure on the accuser to speak or crawl back under the hole she came from. I hope Kavanaugh speaks up soon and clears his good name. I’m hoping for something memorable like Clarence Thomas’ description of what we went through as a high tech lynching. The way I’d play it if I was Kavanaugh is that I would pretend to say I felt sorry for her because she is mentally ill and that I hope she seeks help to deal with her issues. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gotta have cover for their treason.

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The Senate has all the information it needs to hold a vote.

Does it?  Really?  If so, why is Grassley now offering new conditions to hear from her?

The Republicans are finally showing some backbone and putting pressure on the accuser to speak or crawl back under the hole she came from. 

This isn't the least bit prejudiced.  (Leaving aside the mixed metaphor of crawling under a hole or out of a rock)   She is a college professor.  The only hole she would like to crawl into is one that does not involve death threats, doxxing, or hacking of her emails for having given a confidential report to her congressperson and having that confidentiality betrayed.

I hope Kavanaugh speaks up soon and clears his good name.

Me too.  (irony noted)

The way I’d play it if I was Kavanaugh is that I would pretend to say I felt sorry for her because she is mentally ill and that I hope she seeks help to deal with her issues. 

Pretend?

I'd like to hear him tell the truth, and I'd like to hear whether and to what extent there might be corroboration either for her accusation or whatever he might have to say in his own defense.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Which, thankfully, will be never. The Senate has all the information it needs to hold s vote. I hope Kavanaugh speaks up soon and clears his good name. I’m hoping for something memorable like Clarence Thomas description of what we went through as a high tech lynching. The way I’d play it is that I would pretend to say I felt sorry for her because she is mentally ill and that I hope she seeks help to deal with her issues. 

Or....and here's something to ponder....maybe she is telling the truth, and we'll never know one way or the other because there will be no way to solidly prove or disprove her allegation?  You're bad at decision trees.  Here are the possibilities:

1 -- she is telling the truth, and it ends up being corroborated by third parties (e.g., someone else who was at the party who saw/heard what happen at the time, or someone she credibly reported it to well before Kavanaugh became a political figure, comes forward to tell their story).

2 -- she is telling the truth, but because it was so long ago, nobody can corroborate it, so it remains a strictly she-said vs. he-said matter.

3 -- she is lying.

You have concluded, without any gray, that it's possibility 3.  In fact, you have concluded that 1) she is lying, and 2), she is mentally ill.

That's some pretty fucked up shit.  I mean, seriously fucked up shit.  And we wonder why women hesitate to EVER come forward with allegations of assault?  

How about we do the rational and sane thing, and withhold judgment -- of either her or Kavanaugh on this matter -- until the allegation and information around it is explored?  Maybe she's lying.  Maybe she's telling the absolute truth, but because it happened behind closed doors, nobody can back her up.  Maybe other folks will come forward with evidence that tends to corroborate her story.  I have no idea what will happen.  But I sure as shit know that today, I don't have enough information to call one person a rapist OR to call the other person a mentally ill liar.

You are letting your desired outcome dictate your predicate conclusions.  And you do so in a way that ends up being nakedly and shamelessly misogynist and cruel.  Pretty smooth.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Or....and here's something to ponder....maybe she is telling the truth, and we'll never know one way or the other because there will be no way to solidly prove or disprove her allegation?  You're bad at decision trees.  Here are the possibilities:

1 -- she is telling the truth, and it ends up being corroborated by third parties (e.g., someone else who was at the party who saw/heard what happen at the time, or someone she credibly reported it to well before Kavanaugh became a political figure, comes forward to tell their story).

2 -- she is telling the truth, but because it was so long ago, nobody can corroborate it, so it remains a strictly she-said vs. he-said matter.

3 -- she is lying.

You have concluded, without any gray, that it's possibility 3.  In fact, you have concluded that 1) she is lying, and 2), she is mentally ill.

That's some pretty fucked up shit.  I mean, seriously fucked up shit.  And we wonder why women hesitate to EVER come forward with allegations of assault?  

How about we do the rational and sane thing, and withhold judgment -- of either her or Kavanaugh on this matter -- until the allegation and information around it is explored?  Maybe she's lying.  Maybe she's telling the absolute truth, but because it happened behind closed doors, nobody can back her up.  Maybe other folks will come forward with evidence that tends to corroborate her story.  I have no idea what will happen.  But I sure as shit know that today, I don't have enough information to call one person a rapist OR to call the other person a mentally ill liar.

You are letting your desired outcome dictate your predicate conclusions.  And you do so in a way that ends up being nakedly and shamelessly misogynist and cruel.  Pretty smooth.

This kind of rationality could've saved us 5 pages of BS

It is obvious he was majorharsin. He is relatively young and has a nice wife from what I remember on the BBQ thread. She must be a June Cleaver throwback to put up with him. Its is likely he is old school too and hides his "manly" talk from her. Weird fucker, he was born 70 years too late. The world he wants to inhabit as a privileged white guy has changed too much. He can't snap and call people faggots or the n-word without consequences. Maybe he'll figure that out with his new handle, BeckDavis.

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

It is obvious he was majorharsin. He is relatively young and has a nice wife from what I remember on the BBQ thread. She must be a June Cleaver throwback to put up with him. Its is likely he is old school too and hides his "manly" talk from her. Weird fucker, he was born 70 years too late. The world he wants to inhabit as a privileged white guy has changed too much. He can't snap and call people faggots or the n-word without consequences. Maybe he'll figure that out with his new handle, 

Judge people much?

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

3 -- she is lying.

iconoclast is way too personally invested to see any reason. he just needs to see this bitch destroyed publicly. that's all he wants at this point. because reasons.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

3 -- she is lying.

I want her to speak before the committee on Monday without any preconditions. Who the fuck is she to demand a FBI investigation before she talks? The confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice is now going to be dictated by the whims of an accuser whose attorney is not even responding to emails and phone calls from the committee? She has an opportunity to speak before them in private! She needs to put her money where mouth is. 

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I want her to speak before the committee on Monday without any preconditions. Who the fuck is she to demand a FBI investigation before she talks? The confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice is now going to be dictated by the whims of an accuser whose attorney is not even responding to emails and phone calls from the committee? She has an opportunity to speak before them in private! She needs to put her money where mouth is. 

Or we could get a full FBI background check into these allegations like with every other nominee. Tell me, why the opposition to the standard order?