Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You’re lying.

Again, the sack is full of shit.

Wrong.  You can go buy non aca insurance that is underwritten— so they put you and your family under a microscope to weed out unhealthy people from the risk pool—and save bigly.   

I have done it.  And have directed others to as well.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

An example of the type of people who shouldn’t be allowed to immigrate to the US - Pakistani militant Muslims and an example of the type of people who should be granted asylum- persecuted Christian minority from a rabid Muslim country. Thanks for sharing Chicken Sandwich 

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Wrong.  You can go buy non aca insurance that is underwritten— so they put you and your family under a microscope to weed out unhealthy people from the pool—and save bigly.   

I have done it.  And have directed others to as well.  

You could have done that before the tax cut. 

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

An example of the type of people who shouldn’t be allowed to immigrate to the US - Pakistani militant Muslims and an example of the type of people who should be granted asylum- persecuted Christian minority from a rabid Muslim country. Thanks for sharing Chicken Sandwich 

They've never been able to immigrate to the U.S.

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The tax cut killed the individual mandate.  I bought a non ACA policy to cover my family.  I got a PPO that almost every provider takes. And all our current doctors.

No one in my family has any health issues.  Premium is $600 a month.  Deductible is $4k.   Pays 100 percent of costs once you meet deductible up to $3 million. 

My ACA plan was $1800 a month.  PPO.  Deductible of $14k.  Insurance pays 80 percent once you make the deductible.  I was responsible for 20 percent as coinsurance.  

Trump killing the mandate has saved me at least $15k a year.  And more if something bad happens.  

And how is the great health care plans you purchase now on the market compare?

1 minute ago, deech said:

And how is the great health care plans you purchase now on the market compare?

Better.  Same doctors.  100 percent coverage once you hit the deductible instead of 80 percent.  It doesn’t cover maternity care that we no longer need.  Or cutting my cock off.  

4 hours ago, Jack said:

No man in their right mind would pursue a relationship with a woman who believed Ford's testimony.  It was clearly garbage from the get go.

Completely agree. Bama Chick, sorry not interested in women like you who believe in fairy tales. Just on Saturday night I was out with a wonderful woman who criticized Ford and not Kavanaugh and thought he was getting screwed. 

All we need to do as the GOP is plaster ads with Linda Sarsour’s recent quotes, show her in her disgusting hijab and and say do you want anti-American loons like her to gain power in this country and do what they tried to Kavanaugh. Anyone with ties to CAIR is tangentially connected to a terrorist organization as they are the Muslim Brotherhood branch in the US.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Completely agree. Bama Chick, sorry not interested in women like you who believe in fairy tales. Just on Saturday night I was out with a wonderful woman who criticized Ford and not Kavanaugh and thought he was getting screwed. 

All we need to do as the GOP is plaster ads with Linda Sarsour’s recent quotes, show her in her disgusting hijab and and say do you want anti-American loons like her to gain power in this country and do what they tried to Kavanaugh. Anyone with ties to CAIR is tangentially connected to a terrorist organization as they are the Muslim Brotherhood branch in the US.

I'm sure she's heartbroken. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Then you are still on the hook for a non-ACA compliant policy.

Wrong.  New policy went into effect 10-1.  Which means i has a compliant policy for more than 9 months in 2018.  And going forward you don’t have to have a compliant policy.  Due to Trump killing the individual mandate.  I’m not a cpa though I passed the exam.  I’ve researched this and consulted with pros on it.  I’m good. 

If you are not on w2 income and healthy you should opt out of ACA and buy a plan that doesn’t cover preexisting conditions and save a bunch of money.  And if you are w2 but are married to someone who isn’t, stay on your employer plan which is mostly likely paid for employee.  And if your dependents don’t have preexisting conditions, go out and buy a plan that doesn’t cover preexisting conditions for them.  And profit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wrong.  New policy went into effect 10-1.  Which means i has a compliant policy for more than 9 months in 2018.  And going forward you don’t have to have a compliant policy.  Due to Trump killing the individual mandate.  I’m not a cpa though I passed the exam.  I’ve researched this and consulted with pros on it.  I’m good. 

If you are not on w2 income and healthy you should opt out of ACA and buy a plan that doesn’t cover preexisting conditions and save a bunch of money.  And if you are w2 but are married to someone who isn’t, stay on your employer plan which is mostly likely paid for employee.  And if your dependents don’t have preexisting conditions, go out and buy a plan that doesn’t cover preexisting conditions for them.  And profit.  

Actually, unless it's a short term plan, health insurance is still required by law to cover pre-existing conditions. Even non-ACA compliant plans.

You're full of shit.

Edited by David Dennison

38 minutes ago, deech said:

There was.  It was never enforced by anyone ever.

Is that true?  I'll have to ask my CPA, but I know she told me that the few months of "bridge" coverage I had between gigs last year wouldn't count as coverage under ACA guidelines.  What the tax implications of that were, I don't know.

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Actually, unless it's a short term plan, health insurance is still required by law to cover pre-existing conditions. Even non-ACA compliant plans.

You're full of shit.

Grandfathered plans before 2010 are not required to do so.  And this is a majority of employer-sponsored plans.

22 minutes ago, ftf82 said:

It's applicable for 2017 tax year. Penalty is based on a percentage of income, with a maximum penalty is $5,984. If you have compliant coverage for one day in any month, that amount is reduced by 1/12.

Disregard the "maximum". Looks like it can be higher than that for larger families. That looks to be pretty close to the max for a 2 member household though.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Iconoclast is a good student.  He has the patented "scare gullible people with stupid bullshit" GOP playbook down.

And something tells me Bama Chick isn't crying herself to sleep over some poor man's version of Rocko in a fake tailored jersey.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

She doesn't want him to go to prison. She believed he wasn't fit to serve as a SC justice. Which was always the case. Why do you purposely not pay attention to the details?

And if the allegations are true, then the egg would be squarely on republican's faces, and he would be kicked out out of fear of losing their jobs. I don't see why not go down that road. 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Iconoclast is a good student.  He has the patented "scare gullible people with stupid bullshit" GOP playbook down.

And something tells me Bama Chick isn't crying herself to sleep over some poor man's version of Rocko in a fake tailored jersey.

She’s like the Mee Maw character on Taylor Hamm’s website. Some older woman from the south who bizarrely spends her time on a message board of a college that has absolutely no connection to her.  

I cannot imagine a normal woman spending much time on a college football message board of her alma mater, unless she’s the type who wears fishing shirts and cargo shorts.  But one of a school she has no connection with and a couple states away?  Not normal. 

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-poll-majority-oppose-most-unpopular-supreme-court-justice.html

Poll : Majority of Americans Say Kavanugh Shouldn't Be on the Supreme Court.

I think this what drives some of us a bit crazy. The GOP gives zero fucks. Why should they worry? They have the system primed in their favor. A Blue Wave in 2018?! Give me a break.

Oh yeah, the Democrats will gain the majority of overall votes this Fall, but the GOP will retain the House and Senate.

Thank God for the wisdom of the Founding Fathers. Thank God that the progressives in California and NY aren’t able to destroy the rest of the country with their bs through a popular vote of the POTUS.  Loved reading in the NYT today about the literal filth and excrement in the streets of San Francisco by the hordes of homeless and illegals congregating and sleeping out in public despite progressives and high taxes in every level of government there. Street scapes that smell worse than India and more dangerous with crime and open drug use everywhere. Thank God for the Electoral College and a 5-4 conservative majority that will hopefully frustrate progressive policies for decades to come. That’s why I’m grateful for the GOP. American values are capitalist values and I support any means necessary to prevent Sandernista or Warren’s bs from ever being implemented. Sure vote for them and maybe get their legislation even passed. We have the Supreme Court to frustrate the implementation just like we did during FDR’s time.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

She’s like the Mee Maw character on Taylor Hamm’s website. Some older woman from the south who bizarrely spends her time on a message board of a college that has absolutely no connection to her.  

I cannot imagine a normal woman spending much time on a college football message board of her alma mater, unless she’s the type who wears fishing shirts and cargo shorts.  But one of a school she has no connection with and a couple states away?  Not normal. 

Probably not much to look at either. Odds are very big on that front 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Thank God for the wisdom of the Founding Fathers. Thank God that the progressives in California and NY aren’t able to destroy the rest of the country with their bs through a popular vote of the POTUS.  Loved reading in the NYT today about the literal filth and excrement in the streets of San Francisco by the hordes of homeless and illegals congregating and sleeping out in public despite progressives and high taxes in every level of government there. Street scapes that smell worse than India and more dangerous with crime and open drug use everywhere. Thank God for the Electoral College and a 5-4 conservative majority that will hopefully frustrate progressive policies for decades to come. That’s why I’m grateful for the GOP. American values are capitalist values and I support any means necessary to prevent Sandernista or Warren’s bs from ever being implemented. Sure vote for them and maybe get their legislation even passed. We have the Supreme Court to frustrate the implementation just like we did during FDR’s time.

You know what would be even better? If the republicucks would just by their own values before they try and implement them on everyone else.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds

17 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You aren't going to like being in the minority. It's going to be like losing the culture war all over again. You don't know you've already lost.

30 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

And if the allegations are true, then the egg would be squarely on republican's faces, and he would be kicked out out of fear of losing their jobs. I don't see why not go down that road. 

Because she is not a partisan hack trying to purposely take down the GOP, no matter how many times the Republicans pretend that's the case. She is her own woman and specifically believed Kavanaugh - the man, not the Republican - wasn't fit to be on the Supreme Court. 

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Icono- why do like reading about filth in SF? it’s one of the United States great cities. Try not to view everything through a political lens

Jimmy/DD- don’t dox people on this board just bc you disagree with them. It’s a chickenshit move.

For the last fucking time I didn't dox him.  If you haven't seen that reference to JS many many times on this board, I can't help that.  It's the first time I've ever made the reference.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

For the last fucking time I didn't dox him.  If you haven't seen that reference to JS many many times on this board, I can't help that.  It's the first time I've ever made the reference.

Listen, you've been accused of doxxing. I read the post, he seems credible. That's all we need. There may or not be corroboration but that isn't important. You should self ban you fucking rapist.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Interesting read...

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/aftermath-as-prologue/

“I believe her!”

Really? Why should anyone believe her?

Senator Collins of Maine said she believed that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford experienced something traumatic, just not at the hands of Mr. Kavanaugh. I believe Senator Collins said that to placate the #Metoo mob, not because she actually believed it. I believe Christine Blasey Ford was lying, through and through, in her injured little girl voice, like a bad imitation of Truman Capote.

I believe that the Christine Blasey Ford gambit was an extension of the sinister activities underway since early 2016 in the Department of Justice and the FBI to un-do the last presidential election, and that the real and truthful story about these seditious monkeyshines is going to blow wide open.

It turns out that the Deep State is a small world. Did you know that the lawyer sitting next to Dr. Ford in the Senate hearings, one Michael Bromwich, is also an attorney for Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director fired for lying to investigators from his own agency and currently singing to a grand jury? What a coincidence. Out of all the lawyers in the most lawyer-infested corner of the USA, she just happened to hook up with him.

It’s a matter of record that Dr. Ford traveled to Rehobeth Beach Delaware on July 26, where her Best Friend Forever and former room-mate, Monica McLean, lives, and that she spent the next four days there before sending a letter July 30 to Senator Diane Feinstein that kicked off the “sexual assault” circus. Did you know that Monica McClean was a retired FBI special agent, and that she worked in the US Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York under Preet Bharara, who had earlier worked for Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer?

Could Monica McLean have spent those four days in July helping Christine Blasey Ford compose her letter to Mrs. Feinstein? Did you know that Monica McClean’s lawyer, one David Laufman is a former DOJ top lawyer who assisted former FBI counter-intel chief Peter Strozk on both the Clinton and Russia investigations before resigning in February this year — in fact, he sat in on the notorious “unsworn” interview with Hillary in 2016. Wow! What a really small swamp Washington is!

Did you know that Ms. Leland Keyser, Dr. Ford’s previous BFF from back in the Holton Arms prep school, told the final round of FBI investigators in the Kavanaugh hearing last week — as reported by the The Wall Street Journal — that she “felt pressured” by Monica McLean and her representatives to change her story — that she knew nothing about the alleged sexual assault, or the alleged party where it allegedly happened, or that she ever knew Mr. Kavanaugh. I think that’s called suborning perjury.

None of this is trivial and the matter can’t possibly rest there. Too much of it has been unraveled by what remains of the news media. And meanwhile, of course, there is at least one grand jury listening to testimony from the whole cast-of-characters behind the botched Hillary investigation and Robert Mueller’s ever more dubious-looking Russian collusion inquiry: the aforementioned Strozk, Lisa Page, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Bill Priestap, et. al. I have a feeling that these matters are now approaching critical mass with the parallel unraveling of the Christine Blasey Ford “story.”

The Democratic Party has its fingerprints all over this, as it does with the shenanigans over the Russia investigation. Not only do I not believe Dr. Ford’s story; I also don’t believe she acted on her own in this shady business. What’s happening with all these FBI and DOJ associated lawyers is an obvious circling of the wagons.

More at the link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Interesting read...

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/aftermath-as-prologue/

“I believe her!”

Really? Why should anyone believe her?

Senator Collins of Maine said she believed that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford experienced something traumatic, just not at the hands of Mr. Kavanaugh. I believe Senator Collins said that to placate the #Metoo mob, not because she actually believed it. I believe Christine Blasey Ford was lying, through and through, in her injured little girl voice, like a bad imitation of Truman Capote.

I believe that the Christine Blasey Ford gambit was an extension of the sinister activities underway since early 2016 in the Department of Justice and the FBI to un-do the last presidential election, and that the real and truthful story about these seditious monkeyshines is going to blow wide open.

It turns out that the Deep State is a small world. Did you know that the lawyer sitting next to Dr. Ford in the Senate hearings, one Michael Bromwich, is also an attorney for Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director fired for lying to investigators from his own agency and currently singing to a grand jury? What a coincidence. Out of all the lawyers in the most lawyer-infested corner of the USA, she just happened to hook up with him.

It’s a matter of record that Dr. Ford traveled to Rehobeth Beach Delaware on July 26, where her Best Friend Forever and former room-mate, Monica McLean, lives, and that she spent the next four days there before sending a letter July 30 to Senator Diane Feinstein that kicked off the “sexual assault” circus. Did you know that Monica McClean was a retired FBI special agent, and that she worked in the US Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York under Preet Bharara, who had earlier worked for Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer?

Could Monica McLean have spent those four days in July helping Christine Blasey Ford compose her letter to Mrs. Feinstein? Did you know that Monica McClean’s lawyer, one David Laufman is a former DOJ top lawyer who assisted former FBI counter-intel chief Peter Strozk on both the Clinton and Russia investigations before resigning in February this year — in fact, he sat in on the notorious “unsworn” interview with Hillary in 2016. Wow! What a really small swamp Washington is!

Did you know that Ms. Leland Keyser, Dr. Ford’s previous BFF from back in the Holton Arms prep school, told the final round of FBI investigators in the Kavanaugh hearing last week — as reported by the The Wall Street Journal — that she “felt pressured” by Monica McLean and her representatives to change her story — that she knew nothing about the alleged sexual assault, or the alleged party where it allegedly happened, or that she ever knew Mr. Kavanaugh. I think that’s called suborning perjury.

None of this is trivial and the matter can’t possibly rest there. Too much of it has been unraveled by what remains of the news media. And meanwhile, of course, there is at least one grand jury listening to testimony from the whole cast-of-characters behind the botched Hillary investigation and Robert Mueller’s ever more dubious-looking Russian collusion inquiry: the aforementioned Strozk, Lisa Page, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Bill Priestap, et. al. I have a feeling that these matters are now approaching critical mass with the parallel unraveling of the Christine Blasey Ford “story.”

The Democratic Party has its fingerprints all over this, as it does with the shenanigans over the Russia investigation. Not only do I not believe Dr. Ford’s story; I also don’t believe she acted on her own in this shady business. What’s happening with all these FBI and DOJ associated lawyers is an obvious circling of the wagons.

More at the link

Ah, James Howard Kunstler, the rare Deep State leftist.

It's like seeing a unicorn.

• Haha 1

Can this thread get locked. 

There really doesn’t seem to be anything else to add to this thread.

Dems should take the same advice. Get back to talking to people about issues and how they can be helpful. They can revisit the SC if and only if they succeed in a massive blue wave.

50 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Because she is not a partisan hack trying to purposely take down the GOP, no matter how many times the Republicans pretend that's the case. She is her own woman and specifically believed Kavanaugh - the man, not the Republican - wasn't fit to be on the Supreme Court. 

And she can still do it. She doesn't have to be a political hack to want him off the SC, she needs to finish it out in the courts.