It appears Pope Francis is MUCH WORSE than Urban Meyer

Thetexashammer

22 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Intense and purposes? Intensive purposes?  Intents and purposes?  Intensive porpoises? 

LOL, y'know, where I fucked that up is I spelled "porpoises" wrong as "purposes".  I fucked up my intentional fuckup.  Takes real talent to do that.

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

LOL, y'know, where I fucked that up is I spelled "porpoises" wrong as "purposes".  I fucked up my intentional fuckup.  Takes real talent to do that.

Hey, we still love you.  It was a free take, which is probably the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Surl. So no hard feelings, I just saw a softball 

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2018/08/why-francis-must-speak

One great lesson of this scandal is that inflicting private and unpublicized penalties for grave offenses against chastity on “important” clerics is a huge mistake. When Benedict found McCarrick to be guilty as charged, the rest of the Church should have been told. McCarrick would not then have been able to pretend he was under no censure. Any violation of the terms of his punishment would have been noted by everyone and thus not allowed to happen. Then Cardinal McCarrick would not have been at the 2013 conclave, just as the Scottish Cardinal Keith O’Brien was not present due to his sexual abuse of adult males under his authority. 

This time the question is: “Did Pope Francis ignore and cover up McCarrick’s sexual abuse of seminarians, abuse made possible by McCarrick’s immoral use of his episcopal authority?” If the pope did this, by his own words he indicts himself. That question, prompted by Viganò’s eminently coherent account of his personal interactions with Francis, must be answered. Our pontiff must confirm the brethren in the truth by telling the Church what he knew and did regarding McCarrick. 

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2018/08/what-francis-knew

So is Viganò’s testimony inaccurate? Or was McCarrick flouting a papal directive? “Viganò said the truth,” reports Msgr. Jean-François Lantheaume, a former counselor at the nuncio’s office in Washington who had first-hand acquaintance with Benedict’s order. But apparently McCarrick had powerful friends in Rome, including the former Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, who made sure the papal sanctions were not strictly enforced. 

That explanation matches reports that Benedict was frustrated by his inability to ensure his orders were carried out. He once told a visitor that his papal authority extended only as far as the door to his office. Indeed, the Viganò testimony may provide a hint of why Benedict felt compelled to resign; he lacked the strength and managerial skill necessary to overcome the resistance of the Vatican bureaucracy. 

Then again, if Benedict had disciplined McCarrick, why did he impose sanctions secretly? It is easy to second-guess the former pontiff on that score, particularly in light of the current demands for full disclosure. But again the action fits a pattern. Earlier in his papacy, Benedict had quietly imposed the same sort of sanctions on Father Marcial Maciel, the powerful founder of the Legionaries of Christ (who, not coincidentally, had also been protected by Sodano). Learning that Maciel had led a scandalous double life, Benedict ordered him to a private life of penance; only later did Maciel’s record come to light. 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:40 PM, burntorangebongos said:

The catholic church made a big mistake when it stopped letting married men serve as priests. It really fucked up the religion. They deserve what they have coming to them as an institution. 

Not exactly. At the time corrupt cardinals and Bishops were setting their sons up as successors and creating family dynasties to control the church's lands and power that furthered corruption in the church. Forbidding them to marry helped to curb that corruption. Of course that purpose has now outlived it's usefulness, but the original purpose was sound at the time.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:40 PM, burntorangebongos said:

The catholic church made a big mistake when it stopped letting married men serve as priests. It really fucked up the religion. They deserve what they have coming to them as an institution. 

Before my time, but I've been told, priests used to keep mistresses on Copperhead Road.

Seriously, I love reading old travel books from 100 years ago. Usually some waspy young US lad in a Latin country for the first time. France: Don't flirt with that girl, that's the Priest's girl, every village has one, she cooks cleans and whatevers for the priest. South America: the priest has a whole house full of kids a few blocks away, that's how they do it here. Another one up in the Andes, shacking with three servant girls. They all go back to the same room to sleep.

Might have been thrown in there to jazz up travel books, but it's a pretty common theme.

I think the original "Can't Get Married" thing was so that the Church kept all the priest's money when he died.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Before my time, but I've been told, priests used to keep mistresses on Copperhead Road.

Seriously, I love reading old travel books from 100 years ago. Usually some waspy young US lad in a Latin country for the first time. France: Don't flirt with that girl, that's the Priest's girl, every village has one, she cooks cleans and whatevers for the priest. South America: the priest has a whole house full of kids a few blocks away, that's how they do it here. Another one up in the Andes, shacking with three servant girls. They all go back to the same room to sleep.

Might have been thrown in there to jazz up travel books, but it's a pretty common theme.

I think the original "Can't Get Married" thing was so that the Church kept all the priest's money when he died.

It was also because the church was saying it couldn't afford to support a husband and wife.

This is getting really ugly, really fast.

Church Militant has learned from reliable sources that Pope Francis has directed Cdl. Donald Wuerl of Washington, D.C. be spirited out of the United States before Wuerl can be arrested by U.S. federal authorities.

Earlier suspicions were that Wuerl had already left the country but those reports are not true.

As Church Militant has been reporting, the Department of Justice is seriously looking at opening up a RICO investigation against the Catholic Church in the United States, and Wuerl would be one of the prime targets of any such investigation.

According to sources, Pope Francis is afraid that if Wuerl were to be arrested and charged, he would reveal all he knows, and the DOJ case would lead straight back to the Vatican with the looming prospect of international criminality being exposed.

Edit: I don't know what theory RICO would involve, since child abuse is not a predicate offense. But I'm guessing it involves racketeering. After all, tons of cops and prosecutors looked the other way.

Edited by Apep

At least one and perhaps as many as two already have. Cardinal Donald Wuerl of D.C. and the papal nuncio (ambassador) to the United States are both reportedly missing.

Or do you mean "missing" as in the possibility of a RICO indictment would make Italy's finest families too nervous and they start assassinating people? That hasn't happened yet, but the whistleblower has gone into hiding and his testimony refers to the "premature" deaths of two colleagues.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-pope-knowingly-gave-vatican-apartment-to-gay-priest-later-caught-i

Vatican police arrested Coccopalmerio’s secretary Monsignor Luigi Capozzi, in a raid last year after they broke up the cocaine-fueled homosexual party in the Vatican apartment next to St. Peter’s Basilica.

Vatican gendarmerie had conducted the raid on the homosexual orgy after tenants in the building complained repeatedly about constant traffic of visitors at all hours of the night to the building - which was used by various high-ranking churchmen, including prefects, presidents and secretaries to the Roman Curia. 

In the course of the discussion of Vatican handling of sexual abuse claims, the source stated that the pope had been made aware of issues with Capozzi, however, he let him have the apartment anyway. 

“Pope Francis had been informed by someone about Luigi Capozzi's problems,” the source said, “but he gave him anyway the apartment.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/vatican-source-pope-dismissed-cdl-mueller-and-others-for-following-church-r

A highly placed Vatican source told LifeSiteNews that Cardinal Gerhard Müller, together with his much-experienced three CDF priests, were dismissed by Pope Francis because they all had tried to follow loyally the Church's standing rules concerning abusive clergymen. In one specific case, Müller opposed the Pope's wanting to re-instate Don Mauro Inzoli, an unmistakably cruel abuser of many boys; but the Pope would not listen to Müller.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:51 AM, RDCanecutter said:

Priests' kids proved to be a troublesome bunch in Czarist Russia -- overeducated and broke and just as prone to bad behavior as American preachers' kids. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 9:09 AM, tbone_ said:

3,766 cases in Germany.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/09/13/germany-sexual-abuse-catholic-church-vpx.cnn

1,000 just in PA.

How the world tolerates this sick fucking institution is beyond me.

The British government is responsible for covering up the rapes of 100,000's of girls. How do you feel about them?

Yes, how could a person possibly find wisdom and beauty in this:

Mark 8:34-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Way of the Cross

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

I have increased my consumption of catholic media and it appears that the majority opinion, and I mean very strong majority, is that Francis needs to resign. He is destroying his church with his selfish desire for power and prestige. 

Popes can't protect criminals and pedophiles. Period. No forgiveness. Moral authority lost. Go directly to hell.

Apparently while in Argentina he stated that there was no abuse at all in the Argentina church. Bullshit. How did he ever become Pope?

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

If you're trying to assign a fair market value to the Sistine Chapel you're doing it wrong.

They probably have at least half the gold the Spanish pillaged from the New World. The pope should be living like a peasant, if he truly believed the teachings of Jesus.

Edited by Deej

Any institution that claims to be about helping the downtrodden, yet holds that much wealth, will always be full of shit. Burn it to the ground. 

This doesn’t bother me that much.

Buttfucking little boys all over the world for centuries. That I have issues with.

• Like 1

One of the false perceptions created by the media is that priests have a higher rate of abuse than other churches, or males generally. Please make note of the source of this information. Newsweek has made a lot of money demonizing the church.

https://www.newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625

The Catholic sex-abuse stories emerging every day suggest that Catholics have a much bigger problem with child molestation than other denominations and the general population. Many point to peculiarities of the Catholic Church (its celibacy rules for priests, its insular hierarchy, its exclusion of women) to infer that there's something particularly pernicious about Catholic clerics that predisposes them to these horrific acts. It's no wonder that, back in 2002—when the last Catholic sex-abuse scandal was making headlines—a Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll found that 64 percent of those queried thought Catholic priests "frequently'' abused children.

The Catholic sex-abuse stories emerging every day suggest that Catholics have a much bigger problem with child molestation than other denominations and the general population. Many point to peculiarities of the Catholic Church (its celibacy rules for priests, its insular hierarchy, its exclusion of women) to infer that there's something particularly pernicious about Catholic clerics that predisposes them to these horrific acts. It's no wonder that, back in 2002—when the last Catholic sex-abuse scandal was making headlines—a Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll found that 64 percent of those queried thought Catholic priests "frequently'' abused children.

So there's media hysteria and then there's reality.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

One of the false perceptions created by the media is that priests have a higher rate of abuse than other churches, or males generally. Please make note of the source of this information. Newsweek has made a lot of money demonizing the church.

https://www.newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625

So there's media hysteria and then there's reality.

Ohhhh, never mind then.....

I suspect that there are as many predators in the Catholic clergy as there are in any other place of easy access. The celibacy issue is a bit of a red herring. The real issue with the Catholic church is the organizational structure that shifted these people around and protected them, probably for hundreds of years. Every organization will have bad people who do bad things. The sin of the organization and its leaders is when it protects the evildoers rather than the victims. Rather than protecting children from molesters, the church has been protecting itself from accusations. Any organization large enough will have these people; the question is what policies they have in place to minimize risk and how they deal with offenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mole said:

I suspect that there are as many predators in the Catholic clergy as there are in any other place of easy access. The celibacy issue is a bit of a red herring. The real issue with the Catholic church is the organizational structure that shifted these people around and protected them, probably for hundreds of years. Every organization will have bad people who do bad things. The sin of the organization and its leaders is when it protects the evildoers rather than the victims. Rather than protecting children from molesters, the church has been protecting itself from accusations. Any organization large enough will have these people; the question is what policies they have in place to minimize risk and how they deal with offenders.

All day long this.  The Catholic church and Vatican City should be bombed out of existence right after looting the vaults, and putting the spoils of the siege in a museum dedicated to confiscated papal treasures. The bad they've done outweighs the good. I hate saying that, but it's the reality today.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

All day long this.  The Catholic church and Vatican City should be bombed out of existence right after looting the vaults, and putting the spoils of the siege in a museum dedicated to confiscated papal treasures. The bad they've done outweighs the good. I hate saying that, but it's the reality today.

Mole is entirely correct.

I cannot fault OnBoard for his conclusion. I don't know how you can do anything but rage at the church. And Francis is guilty. He is a criminal. He has to resign.

I believe the Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. I believe in the message. Pick up the catechism, read it, and then look at the problems in our society. The solution to those problems is caritas (love), not the shallow version of "love" the our popular culture offers. 

The main issue right now is protecting children. Which means getting rid of the people who aren't taking proper actions to protect innocent kids. And that means removing the loser in charge.

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

Mole is entirely correct.

I cannot fault OnBoard for his conclusion. I don't know how you can do anything but rage at the church. And Francis is guilty. He is a criminal. He has to resign.

I believe the Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. I believe in the message. Pick up the catechism, read it, and then look at the problems in our society. The solution to those problems is caritas (love), not the shallow version of "love" the our popular culture offers. 

The main issue right now is protecting children. Which means getting rid of the people who aren't taking proper actions to protect innocent kids. And that means removing the loser in charge.

It's not christianity I hold responsible.  I'm not a believer anymore, but I believe in the messages Jesus taught and preached on which hold true whether you believe in a God or not. 

It's a religious state that hides behind christianity that's violated one of the very things they should be speaking out against, and protecting it's weakest charges from that's so disgustingly, sick and unconscionable.  It makes them worse than the molesters IMO.

It's not just this Pope. It's institutional in the Church, and it come from the top down for centuries. I have no idea about Francis' culpability (who I greatly admired) in this matter, but it's not just him. It's also got to be the College of Cardinals who all have to be working together I some lockstep way to keep this travesty alive for so long.

So, Hammer, your belief is that Francis needs to go, but do your really believe that Benedict and JPII were policing pedophile priests? Most of the shit that is coming to light now came under their watch, or earlier popes. Did of them do what was necessary to stamp it out?

And who would your next Pope be?

They are all as guilty as the next. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

20 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

If McDonald's franchise owners were fucking little boys in the ass and the corporate office was shifting owners around to different stores McDonald's would probably go out of business. 

Not if the McPope has anything to say about it.

34 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

If McDonald's franchise owners were fucking little boys in the ass and the corporate office was shifting owners around to different stores McDonald's would probably go out of business. The same thing should happen to the Catholic Church.

13 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Not if the McPope has anything to say about it.

Mayor Mc Cheese  ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

On 9/15/2018 at 3:19 PM, Mole said:

This.  Even if the rate of abusers is the same between clergy and non-clergy, the real crime is the coverups and moving around.  If they would give each abuser over to authorities immediately for prosecution, they wouldn't be in this mess.  It's the coverup and allowing them to continue abusing that is the real tragedy, and they are completely responsible.

To put in perspective how we think about institutions.  We are still, right now as we speak, giving the Catholic Church a pass as an institution on this because of how pervasive they are in society.  They've spent 2,000 years moving around several hundred, and more likely several thousand priests and other clergy and administrators who only want one thing more than serving the lord, raping children.  

Very well respected institutions like Penn State, Michigan State, and Subway Restaurants tried the same thing with just one person and we almost burned those institutions to the fucking ground.  

If you're Catholic tomorrow, and I introduced you to a Penn State Dean of Kinesiology and Sports Management for the last 20 years, you'd immediately wonder if he was in on the coverup.  But if I introduced to a Catholic Priest who's been moving around a lot because of "the Bishops faith in his skillset and devotion"...you'd blindly appreciate the introduction and think it great we all met.  

2 hours ago, Continental Op said:

If McDonald's franchise owners were fucking little boys in the ass and the corporate office was shifting owners around to different stores McDonald's would probably go out of business. The same thing should happen to the Catholic Church.

At least McDonald's makes decent fries. Not sure what the Catholic Church does of value.