Shit's Borked

RPM

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Are there ongoing "Search" issues still? I haven't been able to get results when I've used it past couple weeks.  Always get the rebuilding message and zero or sometimes 1 result.

It's reindexing now hopefully it won't be an issue after this rebuild. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the search function is all over the place. i never know what i’m going to get. a lot of the time it just says it’s found zero results no matter what i search for. right now it’s telling me that the word “roschon” has been typed a total of three times on this site, all posted yesterday. 

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Did something change reacently on the alignment of the header? I ask because I swear a early last week, something changed and now the message boxes take up the entire screen, and I swear before it was just like 75% then with ads or something else on the right (desktop). 

You can go to the top and use the toggle button And uncheck fluid width. I did that because I didn’t realize not everyone had that as default and it’s obviously much better than just having a bunch of empty space on the screen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

did anyone enjoy the livestream? Should we do that more often? I just kinda slapped it up today since I had it mostly set up yesterday for the ABC people, it can get way better and actually be something we do more often.

I can even link that live chatroom to a thread based on the topic of the livestream. just lmk

This isn't a complaint, but something I've noticed the past couple of weeks that I thought might be a relevant note.

Streams are incomplete. I'm seeing unread topics on several boards, with replies hours ago, yet never make the feed. Most show up, but it seems some (maybe 25%+/-) kind of slip through the cracks. And it's not any specific threads all the time.

For example, there's 4 on the football board alone that are unread but not in the stream. Another one popped up fresh earlier today, but had its earliest unread reply from last Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

This isn't a complaint, but something I've noticed the past couple of weeks that I thought might be a relevant note.

Streams are incomplete. I'm seeing unread topics on several boards, with replies hours ago, yet never make the feed. Most show up, but it seems some (maybe 25%+/-) kind of slip through the cracks. And it's not any specific threads all the time.

For example, there's 4 on the football board alone that are unread but not in the stream. Another one popped up fresh earlier today, but had its earliest unread reply from last Wednesday.

Interesting I’ll take a look

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Probably half the posts in the NFL thread tonight don't appear on the stream. It's been longer than a couple weeks, just one of those weird glitches. 

Yeah I’m thinking I know what it may be. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, thunderlounge said:

Still a thing, if you get bored sometime. 

No thing, just trying to take notes when I notice something. 

Kinda funny, really. Doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it, like specific threads or something like that. Just that lovely randomness.

Might not pick up a reply, but I see it from the board and check. Then next reply to that same topic, picked up. Other times, the opposite.

I even went back and cleared out a bunch of older stuff in a futile attempt to maybe lighten the load.