Shit's Borked

RPM

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

No thing, just trying to take notes when I notice something. 

Kinda funny, really. Doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it, like specific threads or something like that. Just that lovely randomness.

Might not pick up a reply, but I see it from the board and check. Then next reply to that same topic, picked up. Other times, the opposite.

I even went back and cleared out a bunch of older stuff in a futile attempt to maybe lighten the load.

Start a DM with me and send screenshots when you notice it? Would really help get to the bottom of it. 

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

Start a DM with me and send screenshots when you notice it? Would really help get to the bottom of it. 

Will do.

Specifically, what type of shots are you looking for? Missing off unread, and the “new” on a board type thing?

If so, I’m guessing the last post time/date?

30 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this has probably been brought up a time or dozen and since our search feature is so awesome I can't look it up: why when you try to change your search string in the gif generator does it make the menu disappear? Is it just me?

because the giphy integration is trash

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this has probably been brought up a time or dozen and since our search feature is so awesome I can't look it up: why when you try to change your search string in the gif generator does it make the menu disappear? Is it just me?

It's not specific to Surly.  It does it on almost every site that uses that integration.  Microsoft Teams, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

@immamac is there a new layout setting I need to modify to get the large grey boxes to stop showing up?  

2B508F4F-CA36-4137-A274-09029550AA62.png

D0C36FA6-E100-4A0F-B593-BAAFB95734EF.png

At the top of the page there is 3 options. You have the middle selected. I would use forums or fluid view and not that one. 

image.thumb.png.a4f5fb2268a0bb3f09e1880430370f2e.png

1 hour ago, immamac said:

At the top of the page there is 3 options. You have the middle selected. I would use forums or fluid view and not that one. 

image.thumb.png.a4f5fb2268a0bb3f09e1880430370f2e.png

I did not even realize that button was there and must have accidentally fat fingered it. Thank you!

Is there a way to reduce the number of replies per page?

just scrolling down in the DT Ukraine thread, I’m unable to reach the newest replies without the page erroring/resetting and sending me back to the top. The number of tweets per post per page is just too much. iPhone Chrome.

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

Is there a way to reduce the number of replies per page?

just scrolling down in the DT Ukraine thread, I’m unable to reach the newest replies without the page erroring/resetting and sending me back to the top. The number of tweets per post per page is just too much. iPhone Chrome.

I can only adjust it universally. I don’t like the twitter embeds either but I’m not paying 6k/mo for api access to build our own embed that’s higher performance and natively rendered. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

top of every page there is a customizer button click it and use larger fonts. 

image.png.804284f715da087b6528b7458c4a8239.png

image.png.73c88ebbe7facc33942a0dc6b727a942.png

It's showing that it's set for large fonts already  but it's not. 

Toggled back and forth restarted and no difference in font size.

Edited by SHOOTER12

11 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

It's showing that it's set for large fonts already  but it's not. 

Toggled back and forth restarted and no difference in font size.

surlyhorns.com in the address bar is the only thing that changes.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:04 PM, thunderlounge said:

Does the displayed link look something like this:

x.com/status/….

It seems to have resolved itself mostly, but yeah it’s usually a small white box with the text of the tweet and a broken hyperlink.

looks like this

IMG_1730.thumb.jpeg.fade5962fa4de2bef2befc2893daffe4.jpeg

Edited by Covri
Added pic

Figured it out (definitely a malicious actor piece of shit, so fuck you you piece of shit if you are reading this). When I moved this last time I left one ingress point that was unpublished open. I've fixed that so now no one can just ping the elasticsearch cluster from outside the rack.