2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

I’m sorry, but Sam doesnt have IT. We saw IT with VY and Colt. Even when Applewhite beat Nebraska in Lincoln as a Freshman you could see he had IT. Sam had cost us too many games at the end that you can see he doesn’t have IT. He wasn’t on all game and missed too many throws that would have changed the outcome. Fucking prove me wrong Sam. Until then. I’m done with my time and money spent on Texas Football. I’ll cheer from my couch but until the effort translates on the field and especially on the Goddamn sidelines / booth, I’m perfectly fine not spending my a hard earned $ on this horse shit.

USC, TCU, KState and Oklahoma are lubing up right now. That little munchkin at BlowU is going to run wild on us. 

This is pathetic, from the playcalling to the play on the field. The other two QBs can't be worse than Sam, he plays like he's still concussed and  always makes turnovers at the worst times. 

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I’ve never understood why Herman supposedly likes running QB’s and Heard never got a sniff. There must be some reason - I’m not the coach - but I’ve never understood it. 

shit, he likes running qb's and they didn't even really call any runs for elingher today.  

the play calling just makes you scratch your head....

the best part of this, though, is that the last 9 years have numbed me to shit like this.  i'm not even mad.  just ready to go on with my weekend.  

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Here we go Tulsa here we go! I actually ha e tickets to the OSU game. What a waste of my time

Yup. I have tickets to the Tulsa game. I'll be surprised if I make it to our seats. Great tickets too. Shame. I was really wanting to root for the school I graduated from harder than my favorite team, Florida. 

Oh well, another year explaining to my wife why I can't stand this stupid fuck team in this stupid fuck conference with these stupid fuck coaches.

GO

GATORS

3 minutes ago, ioueleventybilliondollars said:

I don't have the words to explain the stupidity of this post.

I'm glad the school gets more $ and the 200K or so subscribers that watch LHN are happy.  I'd rather the 15 year stretch of the deal not have come with a karmic dildo ramming our ass without lube

Edited by Tracer Bullet

1 minute ago, D_Goose said:

Shane is seriously just as good, if not better imo, but Herman and Beck clearly like Sam's personality better. 

Shane is and will always be better than Sam. How Tom can’t figure it out baffles me. But here we are in the state of fucking Texas where qbs grow on trees. We can’t seem to find one

Final Score:
L     29-34, Maryland

First Downs:
Texas – 21
MD – 22

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 3/15
MD – 6/18

Total Yards:
Texas - 405
MD - 407

Passing:
Texas – 21-39, 263 yards, 2 TD/2 Int
MD - 21-34, 264 yards, 2/0

Rushing:
Texas - 36-142, 3.9 ypc
MD - 46-143, 3.1 ypc

Texas – 27:14
MD – 32:46

Penalties:
Texas – 10-102
MD – 8-70

• Like 1

Last Season struggled to overcome poor 1st and 3rd quarter performances which put HORNS under too much stress late in games..... leads to 4th quarter turnovers.  

Just saw it happen again.....

Have to find a way to Start Fast in 1st and 3rd quarters and clean up mistakes....