2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

Just now, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Maryland is 1.000 against us. They're only sub .500 against all the other teams.

They are 2-3.  Note their scoring in the first 3.

9/2/2017 vs. Maryland (4-8) L 41 51
12/23/1978 vs. Maryland (9-3) W 42 0 @ El Paso, TX Sun Bowl
9/24/1960 @ Maryland (6-4) W 34 0
9/26/1959 vs. Maryland (5-5) W 26 0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Tom, why do other teams not have ridiculously stupid penalties like we do?

We extended 2 drives for sure on two idiotic 3rd and super long pass interference's    and both were legit penalties thrown on us.   we had at least 3 PF's   maybe 4.    

at a minimum 5 of our penalties were first downs for the other team.    you keep giving up yards and first downs, and you lose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yeah but apparently I’m a pussy for saying this. Seems like we need a game of no consequence to figure out what the fuck we’re doing 

And here we are, trying to schedule OSU and Bama on the heels of their recruiting classes. Looking forward to playing those games. 

5 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

I fucking hate Mike Finger so much.

Why?  Because he's not a mouth breather that thinks Texas Longhorn Football isn't all it's cracked up to be.  We have 1 title since 1970.  Deal with it.  In the past 40 years, we have about 10-12 where we've been relevant.  This year is more of the same shit.

3 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

You spend money on this??  You must be young or have more money than sense.

I hate that we lost, but the days of me wasting Saturdays anticipating our games and then watching a train wreck are long over.  

It’s both.  I’m not where you’re at yet, but I’m getting there.  Today has pushed me to the tipping point.

I’m either getting numb to this shit or just flat apathetic.   It’s just so frustrating.  Flipping over to take a glimpse at ou or Wash/Aub or even WV/Tenn...THAT’s FOOTBALL. At full speed.  Texas seemed  to be playing in slow motion.  We are just not a good football team.  And it sucks.

Tom is fucked. He’s fired. The painful thing for all of us is that it will take three fucking years to actuate. We’re in the pit of misery until then and then who knows how long past that. I was big on Herman. Now I’m the first in line to piss on his lawn.  I’m talking coffee/Redbull/tequila piss. I’ll knock down his mailbox flag. Shoot trap targets off his back deck in the hills. I want ol puss on his entire estate. Fuck him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We are their cupcake game.  We are the FAMU tune up game one for those teams. 

We’ve been relegated to the backup act to the backup. Fuck u Tom. It’s like Bill O’Brien saying Tom Savage was better than Watson after watching them all summer. Really? Tom refuses to play Shane simply bc Shane was not his guy. Sam is his guy and I hope Tom dry humps a valcano after tonite 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We’ve been relegated to the backup act to the backup. Fuck u Tom. It’s like Bill O’Brien saying Tom Savage was better than Watson after watching them all summer. Really? Tom refuses to play Shane simply bc Shane was not his guy. Sam is his guy and I hope Tom dry humps a valcano after tonite 

Sam was already committed under Charlie.

8 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I’m either getting numb to this shit or just flat apathetic.   It’s just so frustrating.  Flipping over to take a glimpse at ou or Wash/Aub or even WV/Tenn...THAT’s FOOTBALL. At full speed.  Texas seemed  to be playing in slow motion.  We are just not a good football team.  And it sucks.

Same here. I’m not surprised about this shit show at all. I’ve even quit asking my wife and kids to watch. 

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

you realize shane isn't anything special at all right?