Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Sam is a fucking badass. 

We’re all aware of the ability to “compartmentalize.”  Sam must have a fucking two foot thick concrete, lead lined vault deep inside him to be able to conduct these interviews about Jake without crumbling into a heap, like a normal person would. Unfortunately, he got plenty of practice the last decade addressing his father’s passing. He’s an amazing kid, I’m sorry grief has become such a prominent part of his narrative.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but then we ended the season by stuffing Georgia's dick up their own ass. Maybe it depends on what week those squads play. 

At the least it would be interesting - which was really all I was getting at. 

2018 Defense could really trash a traditional pro style offense or anyone that was one dimensional.

USC - held to 14pts. They couldn’t do shit after first two drives. Ended the game with -5 yds rushing.

TCU - held to 16 a week after they gave tOSU a game. Robinson’s ineptitude helped us a bit, though.

KSU- held to 14 points which were scored fairly late in the game.

ISU - completely shut down. Held to 3 points until garbage time fumble gave them a short field.

Georgia - self explanatory.

Then you have the games where an effective spread offense exposed a weakness or a player absense.

Maryland - hard to include this Tom Herman special. We spotted them 24 points very early in the game.

OU1 - inexplicably took foot off the gas while up 45-24 with 9 minutes to go.

OSU - spotted them three touchdowns in Q1 while missing 2 starters in the secondary due to suspension.

WVU - our 5 star, future NFL draft pick safety got hurt fucking around before the game. Josh Thompson got abused early. We let Grier’s douchey ass trot into the end zone to win the game while TH was crying.

OU2 - seems like Alex Grinch figured TH out while LR figured Todd Orlando out during this game.

Overall we were decent on defense, if playing at full strength. The TO flaws were beginning to show in our poor coverage and inability to set the edge. The real drop off would be seen in 2019.

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

We’re all aware of the ability to “compartmentalize.”  Sam must have a fucking two foot thick concrete, lead lined vault deep inside him to be able to conduct these interviews about Jake without crumbling into a heap, like a normal person would. Unfortunately, he got plenty of practice the last decade addressing his father’s passing. He’s an amazing kid, I’m sorry grief has become such a prominent part of his narrative.

Yep. He became the “man of the house” at 14. And that’s fucked up.

Dang Eason is like snake bit. But this is good for Sam I hope.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Eason isn't a rookie. Not sure why the play by play guys would say that. 

Y'all called it upthread. Eason holds on to the ball too long. You better have feet like Deshaun Watson to get away with that. 

He also struggles with reading defenses. On the first drive, he let a safety come off the line with no man to block him and basically guaranteed they wouldn’t convert 3rd and 1 before the ball was even snapped. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

He also struggles with reading defenses. On the first drive, he let a safety come off the line with no man to block him and basically guaranteed they wouldn’t convert 3rd and 1 before the ball was even snapped. 

That’s the part of his game where I figured he’d be more experienced or have an edge over Sam but no. I wonder how much of his stuff was scripted as Reich said they were not doing as much for this game to see how both QBs handle themselves. LT is a huge problem.

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

I know Sam was named starter for next game but is he expected to get snaps in this one?  

They said they’d let Eason play a bit in the second quarter but would put in Sam. I think they let him have one more drive after the strip sack to see if he could rebound.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Eason's problem is he looks good until he doesn't and the latter shows up at the worst times. He just can't turn the corner. Indy knows he's not the LT answer.

They need Eric Fisher back ASAP from his Achilles regardless. Colts have a pretty good WR/TE stable there. Eason still getting a look. I’m glad I got to see him play though with my own eyes. Same for Sam in a bit. A lot of the writers have a bias so it’s cool we get to see for ourselves.

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

It’s ok. He’ll be Dan Marino on one throw, then turn into Dan Orlovsky on the next.

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Panthers are playing super off giving Eason a bunch of really easy throws. This drive seems pretty meaningless. 

I know we are all pulling for Cult but y’all trying to make it sound like he did bad…. In the half he was 15/21 with 183 yards and 97.9 qbr.  As a Bears fan I’d cream for a half of stats that look like that consistently lol.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I know we are all pulling for Cult but y’all trying to make it sound like he did bad…. In the half he was 15/21 with 183 yards and 97.9 qbr.  As a Bears fan I’d cream for a half of stats that look like that consistently lol.  

We’ll maybe this season in Chicago with the Turtle in the background….

9 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I just said the Panthers were giving him easy throws that drive. Stats are pretty meaningless for preseason, but he was 9-14 for 93 yards before the Panthers just gave him wide open guys all over the field by playing way off. His level of play wasn’t very good before that drive. 

And if your standard is what would make a Bears fans happy, then yeah, everyone will seem like the next coming of Dan Marino.