Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

Atl- W

Redskins- W (this one is really going to get everyone fired up because expectations is we will now be tied for division lead....assuming they lose to Houston)

Saints- "you gonna get raped" L

Eagles- W

Colts- W

Bucs- W

Giants- classic L to lose the division and not make the playoffs

Garret back because reasons.  Nightmare fuel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougO said:

I remember when they had that play zoomed in on the TV and Collinsworthless was talking about everything but the blatant hold that was right there in front of his eyes.

I noticed this as well. 

How the fuck does a professional "football analyst" not mention the blantant holding occuring right next to Wentz? Christ, that was some bullshit. 

Fucking vomit:
Jerry Jones on Cowboys win over Philadelphia: “When you’re feeling low & you’re seeing the Grim Reaper & then come in & have your team perform the way these guys did, I promise you it’s a special feeling. I won’t need any wings on that airplane getting back to Dallas.”

That tells you all you need to know for the rest of the season.
Status quo.

6 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Fucking vomit:
Jerry Jones on Cowboys win over Philadelphia: “When you’re feeling low & you’re seeing the Grim Reaper & then come in & have your team perform the way these guys did, I promise you it’s a special feeling. I won’t need any wings on that airplane getting back to Dallas.”

Status quo.

Yeah, it kinds reminds me of this moment:

deloss_dodds_hugs_mack_brown.0.png

i'd prefer garrett get his walking papers but I can say cooper seems to be a game changer.  If Dak can continue to have success hitting him on short to intermediate routes that will open up the offense. they still need to make the LB's account for Dak a bit but if the really can get zeke going it won't matter.

was it coincidence that the running game looked better with Connor out?   Connor just isn't heavy enough or strong enough to play guard yet.

I'm assuming Frederick is done for the year.

17 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve stayed out of this thread for obvious reasons this season, but man, Leighton Vander Esch is a stud. Still SO incredibly young in his football career. It just seems like he has endless potential. 

Big fan.

Very excited about his potential moving forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

i'd prefer garrett get his walking papers but I can say cooper seems to be a game changer.  If Dak can continue to have success hitting him on short to intermediate routes that will open up the offense. they still need to make the LB's account for Dak a bit but if the really can get zeke going it won't matter.

was it coincidence that the running game looked better with Connor out?   Connor just isn't heavy enough or strong enough to play guard yet.

Eagles were bottom 10 in the league in YPC against at over 4.5 so they were weak vs the run anyway.  No idea how Su'a-Filo graded but we weren't burning him in an effigy last night so I think he played well for the most part.  One guy who did show up last night was Tyron Smith.  Big guy looked like 2014.

Frederick is out until December at the earliest.  But he's almost certainly done for the season.

LVE has played great for a rookie and when he's allowed to simply chase down the ball, he thrives but one place he struggled particularly last night was in pass defense.  This is where we miss Sean Lee the most.  He did get a pick though.

11 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Fucking vomit:

Status quo.

4-5 bitches.  Su-per Bowl comin'.  he's such a dumbass.

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Definitely done for the year. The numbness is still so strong that he can't lift heavy because he can't reliably grip the bar without dropping it on himself yet. 

On 11/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, Vic Mackey said:

And a theme from last year, Dallas opponents have not been called for an offensive holding since quarter 1 of week 1. Amazing. 

Good thing the Big12 refs work Texas games on Saturdays, allowing them to officiate the Cowboys on Sundays.

Eagles were bottom 10 in the league in YPC against at over 4.5 so they were weak vs the run anyway.  No idea how Su'a-Filo graded but we weren't burning him in an effigy last night so I think he played well for the most part.  One guy who did show up last night was Tyron Smith.  Big guy looked like 2014.
Frederick is out until December at the earliest.  But he's almost certainly done for the season.
LVE has played great for a rookie and when he's allowed to simply chase down the ball, he thrives but one place he struggled particularly last night was in pass defense.  This is where we miss Sean Lee the most.  He did get a pick though.

The fact that PFF is somehow the Bible for so many to refer to is beyond me. Their grading system is the most arbitrary thing going. There is no real substance to PFF. Dallas plays zone coverage. All of those yards and catches were not directly on LVE. Ertz just sat down in the soft spot between a few players and caught the ball. Without really knowing the exact assignment of every player, which PFF doesn't know at all, it's very misleading.

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fact that PFF is somehow the Bible for so many to refer to is beyond me. Their grading system is the most arbitrary thing going. There is no real substance to PFF. Dallas plays zone coverage. All of those yards and catches were not directly on LVE. Ertz just sat down in the soft spot between a few players and caught the ball. Without really knowing the exact assignment of every player, which PFF doesn't know at all, it's very misleading.

Well, they do understand that Dallas, like all teams, plays a combination of zone and man mixed in.  Also the zone in which the player caught the ball and who's basic responsibility it is.  It may not be exact, but it certainly isn't more arbitrary than most layman fan's opinions.