Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, DougO said:

You don't get compensation for cutting a player, Marcus.

It actually assures they get a 4th rounder at worst for losing Anthony Hitchens, somehow (per an interview I heard).    No clue if that’s accurate or not and I’m out and about and not about to do research 

5 hours ago, threesheets said:

Troy Aikman basically said exactly that for 20 minutes in his last weekly segment on the Ticket.

yep.  “complete overhaul of the entire organization”.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Aikman has inferred this.... he still remembers Jerry running off Jimmy, hiring on retard Barry and ruining the last 5/6 years of his career.

aikman has implied it.  you have inferred. 

• Like 1

I would like to see Kris Richard have a shot, keep continuity on defense, but with better leadership. Marinelli can be DC by name, though Richard would really be running it. Get a whole new offensive staff. Get a new GM.
Richard is in charge of the secondary, right? Well his secondary is not good. I'd like to see him do something about that before becoming a head coach. There was a reason Seattle cut bait. I don't think he's terrible but not sure if he's ready to be in charge. But then again, I'm sure people said that about McVay so who knows

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:
Yes!  This dude got arrested down the street from where I used to live.  He got drunk one night, broke into a house, and climbed into bed with some random woman.

I fail to see what's wrong with this. I've woke up many times with a random woman I didn't really know...

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
16 hours ago, DougO said:
I would like to see Kris Richard have a shot, keep continuity on defense, but with better leadership. Marinelli can be DC by name, though Richard would really be running it. Get a whole new offensive staff. Get a new GM.

Richard is in charge of the secondary, right? Well his secondary is not good. I'd like to see him do something about that before becoming a head coach. There was a reason Seattle cut bait. I don't think he's terrible but not sure if he's ready to be in charge. But then again, I'm sure people said that about McVay so who knows

Dallas Pass D has given up the 3rd least amount of yards passing. 3rd least pass TDs given up.  He is bringing them along nicely IMO and by all accounts is already basically calling the D...I could see him being named the DC next year and Rod staying on as a DL coach as he winds down his career. 

If they get blown out against the eagles, and i think there's a better than 50/50 chance that it will happen, Garrett will be gone by the end of the day on Monday. 

Nope. Jerry would never make that move during the season. He fired Wade mid-season because he thought Wade had lost the team and he had his hand-picked successor on staff already. Who would be interim? Linehan? Marinelli? Richard?

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Nope. Jerry would never make that move during the season. He fired Wade mid-season because he thought Wade had lost the team and he had his hand-picked successor on staff already. Who would be interim? Linehan? Marinelli? Richard?

Although I agree and think Garrett is gone at the end of the year (I could see Linehan getting the axe and Jason calling plays ROS), if he did fire him, it'd probably be Richard.  Although it'd be sort of funny to see if Marinelli could pad that 10-38 record.  He's 1-23 in his last 1.5 seasons as a head guy.

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If they get blown out by iggle, Garrett will have lost the team. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I don't know, last week they looked like shit against a mediocre team. Sunday night the whole country is watching. A blowout loss would be really embarrassing for Jerrah, cause we know it's all about him. 

3 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

Dallas Pass D has given up the 3rd least amount of yards passing. 3rd least pass TDs given up.  He is bringing them along nicely IMO and by all accounts is already basically calling the D...I could see him being named the DC next year and Rod staying on as a DL coach as he winds down his career. 

I don't care about stats. I watch the games. And my eyes tell me this secondary is still not that good. They don't make any plays. Either they aren't playmakers or the coaching and scheme is the reason. We just allowed one of the worst offenses to school us the other night. Detroit and Seattle abused this secondary as well. The theme is, when they play mediocre or less passing teams, they can keep it in front of them and look respectable. Against guys like Bortles and Eli. Hell Watson and Hopkins abused this secondary. But they tripped over their dicks inside the redzone or that game might have been a blowout.

You say he's bringing them along nicely and I see no difference whatsoever from previous seasons. 

10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

If they get blown out against the eagles, and i think there's a better than 50/50 chance that it will happen, Garrett will be gone by the end of the day on Monday. 

I don't think Jerry would fire him during the season, unless they got blown out a few games in a row...which could happen. 

I have half a notion that Dallas will play great tomorrow night and even maybe beat the Fecals, just because it seems impossible. Not because they are a good team, but it's the NFL. But their backs are against the wall. It wouldn't shock me.

But 8-8 is looking like a miracle right about now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Although I agree and think Garrett is gone at the end of the year (I could see Linehan getting the axe and Jason calling plays ROS), if he did fire him, it'd probably be Richard.  Although it'd be sort of funny to see if Marinelli could pad that 10-38 record.  He's 1-23 in his last 1.5 seasons as a head guy.

I'm still not even sure Garrett is gone after this year. Remember who we're dealing with here. Jerry has been so bought in on gingerballs red jesus. If they are nowhere near .500 he's probably gone. If they go say 7-9, Jerry can still convince himself it was injuries, offensive line, transition period, that kind of bullshit, anything but himself and his own decisions. But Linehan is gone-zo, I'm fairly confident about at least that much.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't care about stats. I watch the games. And my eyes tell me this secondary is still not that good. They don't make any plays. Either they aren't playmakers or the coaching and scheme is the reason. We just allowed one of the worst offenses to school us the other night. Detroit and Seattle abused this secondary as well. The theme is, when they play mediocre or less passing teams, they can keep it in front of them and look respectable. Against guys like Bortles and Eli. Hell Watson and Hopkins abused this secondary. But they tripped over their dicks inside the redzone or that game might have been a blowout.

You say he's bringing them along nicely and I see no difference whatsoever from previous seasons. 

Who's going to make plays? Their corners mainly play to keep things in front and not get beat deep so they aren't given the latitude to sit or jump on routes. The picks would have to come from the safeties and those are Jeff Heath and either Woods or Frazier. No ball hawks there. So it's a combo of scheme is very conservative and safeties are not talented enough to make plays on the ball consistently. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I'm still not even sure Garrett is gone after this year. Remember who we're dealing with here. Jerry has been so bought in on gingerballs red jesus. If they are nowhere near .500 he's probably gone. If they go say 7-9, Jerry can still convince himself it was injuries, offensive line, transition period, that kind of bullshit, anything but himself and his own decisions. But Linehan is gone-zo, I'm fairly confident about at least that much.

I don't see how they aren't 3-7 in two weeks after getting run by eagles and Atlanta on the road. They aren't winning 4 of the final 6. 

46 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Coaching changes wont help matters. Itll be the same, just a different head man. The star players will always take their gripes to Jerry, the chaos will never move back to Arkansas.

But yes, please a new coach. Cant wait to see who that'd be.

you sound like a battered wife. 

Good news: the D and O showed promise.

Bad news: The win last night gives us hope. They'll probably win a couple of more games and hopes will rise, Garrett will take credit, the Joens boys will take note and give him one more year. They may even be stupid enough to announce it during the season. Regardless, the boys will shit the bed two or three times by a hair's breadth, and will miss the playoffs.

Only this magnificent board will know that it was all Ginger's fault. Dammit.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

3 hours ago, Agent47 said:

Dallas gets a wild card and cruises through the playoffs to the SB like Oakland of 1980. Then they play Pittsburgh and it's the most watched live media event in world history.

Justin Bieber does a surprise walk on appearance during halftime.

If anyone can choreograph a drug fueled butt fucking it would be Bieber. Any chance he's been working with Jerruh all along?

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

And a theme from last year, Dallas opponents have not been called for an offensive holding since quarter 1 of week 1. Amazing. 

that is crazy.  someone needs to gif the shot of wentz getting his arm hit and our DL getting a chokehold.

• Like 1

FWIW, Bayless said this morning that Linehan was this close to being fired mid-week last week. Colin Herd said last night's win spells disaster for the 'Boys for the next 5-6 yrs - that it will lead to a big contract for Dak.

Eagles CB Darby out for season with torn ACL

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

FWIW, Bayless said this morning that Linehan was this close to being fired mid-week last week. Colin Herd said last night's win spells disaster for the 'Boys for the next 5-6 yrs - that it will lead to a big contract for Dak.

Typical overreaction from media blowhards. Dak will not be evaluated until the end of next season. We are not signing him to any deal before then if we decide.

All of the media told us how doom and gloom this game was. And no way we beat the Eagles, etc. So when we do, now it spells disaster. They need something to talk about. Their golden boy Wentz's team is now 4-5 and in 3rd place. A replay of his rookie year.