do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

On 5/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Mr. Seinfeld went to the restroom, at which point Mr. Costanza scooped ice out of Mr. Seinfeld's drink with his bare hands, using it to wash up.  He then remarked to me, “this never happened.”

They missed a real opportunity in the final episode during prison monologue. Panning into the crowd and seeing Darrin would have been perfection.

• Haha 1

well, not a federal record.

I saw a license plate on the way home from work just now.  Arizona.  And it had a bumper sticker of a bird.  And I was trying to remember, without cheating and using google, of Frank Costanza shouting, "I'm like a pheonix reborn, rising from Arizona."  And he claps his hands and of course, as always, "loses his train of thought."  Did he ever actually have a continuity of cognition?  Do any of us?  Where was I?  You turn my home into Bourbon Street?  

Fun fact-Daryl Strawberry was supposed to be the other Mets player in that story.  But at the time they were writing the script, Strawberry was embroiled in some legal/drug issues, so they didn't want to add to his plate by calling him 'the second spitter.'  

So Hernandez-McDowell was almost Carter-Strawberry.  Baseball would have never been the same.

"Hey, is that Danny Tartabull?"  

11 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I’ll tell you who’s an attractive man, George Will. 

csb/ he came to UT a few months back to speak with students and faculty.  Helluva nice guy.  I was asked to submit a question.  And I thought of Elaine, and how her politics didn't align with his at the time, but she was an Orioles fan, and he was on the board of that team at the time, and that she said he was smart, and how it felt to be a part of Seinfeld lore.  In the end, I balked and asked something lame about contemporary GOP politics.  I had one fucking chance and I blew it

• Rage+1 1

I just now caught that when George takes $8000 for the pilot, Dalrymple said they had already made a deal with another writing team, which was obviously Crazy Joe Davola, so maybe his beef with Jerry is justified? 

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Yeah...sign me up for Terri Hatcher in her prime.

Who was the chick that caught George with the shrinkage?  She was potentially hiding quite a pair, if I recall correctly.

She has shown them on screen in something. Google it. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
Terri Hatcher too, but I mean Rachel

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

csb/ he came to UT a few months back to speak with students and faculty.  Helluva nice guy.  I was asked to submit a question.  And I thought of Elaine, and how her politics didn't align with his at the time, but she was an Orioles fan, and he was on the board of that team at the time, and that she said he was smart, and how it felt to be a part of Seinfeld lore.  In the end, I balked and asked something lame about contemporary GOP politics.  I had one fucking chance and I blew it

Yes, yes you did blow it. 

• Haha 1

Jerry: But are you telling me there's not one house to rent in all of Tuscany?
Maestro: The houses are passed down from generation to generation. It's very hard.
Jerry: I can't get a sublet, a guest room, a cot, nothing?
Maestro: It's booked solid!

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Georgie, should we be bad?  

the look on her face when she swigs the wine cooler in the back of the van.  No Emmy is a goddamn tragedy.  

Let’s be bad

• Haha 1

Just flipped on CC to the bottle deposit scam/jfk golf clubs episode. 

I think this is my favorite episode. 

Edit: I guess it's a two episode arc. So the 2nd one would be my favorite. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Just flipped on CC to the bottle deposit scam/jfk golf clubs episode. 

I think this is my favorite episode. 

Edit: I guess it's a two episode arc. So the 2nd one would be my favorite. 

Especially for a 2 episode arc, it is way high for me.  So good.  A great insight into Kramer's mind.

I always thought a missed opportunity was for those cops to say after the "forget it Costanza, we know you're bald" and then Kurt goes to get his driver's license to prove his identity, but regretfully realizes that Elaine is still holding onto it across town.  

Fugitive sex and the Bodega.  That really was a great, and underrated, episode.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I always thought a missed opportunity was for those cops to say after the "forget it Costanza, we know you're bald" and then Kurt goes to get his driver's license to prove his identity, but regretfully realizes that Elaine is still holding onto it across town.  

Fugitive sex and the Bodega.  That really was a great, and underrated, episode.  

Chestnut with auburn highlights.