Cowboys @ Panthers: Season Opener

Vic Mackey

Just now, Drew said:

Dude has basically had to do everything his damn self the second half and you coming in here with that crap?

he had a bad first half. No doubt. But he was also the main reason the offense did anything to get back into it. The defense deserves the most love. 

You gotta stop this crap. 

They have 8 fucking points you pole smoking dweeb. He missed one for sure TD on what might be the worst throw a starting QB makes all season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Drew said:

That’s like, you opinion man. They get that first down and they’re still driving. Offense was moving.  Carolina picks up 1 first down its over. You can’t fault them for going for it or punting there. 

yes, I can fault them for going for it because it was fucking stupid, it's not like it was 4th and 2, but hey maybe you're right we were picking up 15 -20 yard passes with ease all day.

• Like 1

Dak Prescott is a high quality backup. That's it. That the Dallas organization took him over a healthy Romo at the end of 2016 is just incredible.

Prescott has more than 215 yards just once in the last 9 games.

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1038934827788115968

Edited by Farkimedes
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Dude has basically had to do everything his damn self the second half and you coming in here with that crap?

he had a bad first half. No doubt. But he was also the main reason the offense did anything to get back into it. The defense deserves the most love. 

If you’re smart you’ve got me on ignore but I’m utterly sick of your inane posting. You shit post the most obvious bullshit and you say nothing of substance. Dak was AWFUL today and has been awful for most of the last 2 dozen games. Fuck off with all of your horse shit. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

15-29 with  5-19 rushing???

What I'm really glad is that the ginger genius decided to not try and run the ball. Elliot had 15 carries. 

15 fucking carries for a top 5 draft pick???? 

Cowboys super secret weapon Tavon Austin - 1 carry, 1 yards, 0 targets, 0catches, 2 punt returns for 13 yards. They must be saving him for a game that they really need that impact. Totally worth a draft pick.

Almost makes me miss Lance Dunbar.

Edited by DougO

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Put Dak in the Patriots system and he wins. Maybe not as much as Brady but WAY more than his current record, and that's a fact.

It's not him, it's the ownership and coach.

If Dak was in the Patriots system, he would have been cut, practiced squad, or traded. Because the Patriots understand how talent works 

It was such an ugly and hopeless game I actually flipped them to smaller TV with no sound and flipped through a few other games on the big TV for most of the day. Much less painful to endure that way, and saw some actual fun football being played.

And bonus football, Titans and Dolphins are still on after two weather delays.

Edited by DougO

22 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

Winning football games is hard. The Cowboys just came out and were trying too hard to be perfect. They just need to try and have fun.

Hey, it works for Durant on the Warriors, if Dak & Zeke are a bit looser, there's a different outcome...

15 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Hey, it works for Durant on the Warriors, if Dak & Zeke are a bit looser, there's a different outcome...

Not just limited to this post, but I have a serious question for you: did you eat paint chips as a kid?

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:
42 minutes ago, jettrink said:
Fify

You cant like the Texans and cowboys at the same time. Do you root for aggy too? Rangers and astros?

Why not.  I have always been for both our pro teams unless head to head.  I wish for an all Texas super bowl.

• Like 1

There’s probably nothing I loathe more than ultra Cowboys fan. 99% of them didn’t go to school and they treat the Cowboys as their school. A large contingent wear jerseys as grown men. 

When the Cowboys lose, I always take solace that this group is pissed. And it ruins Jerry Jones night. And my jersey chasing hairdresser’s best friend that bangs Dak. Fuck them all. 

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

There’s probably nothing I loathe more than ultra Cowboys fan. 99% of them didn’t go to school and they treat the Cowboys as their school. A large contingent wear jerseys as grown men. 

When the Cowboys lose, I always take solace that this group is pissed. And it ruins Jerry Jones night. And my jersey chasing hairdresser’s best friend that bangs Dak. Fuck them all. 

This is every NFL ultra fan in the major metropolitan cities.  

31 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

LOL... insightful for your brevity....

Creative!!!  When would you have liked to run the ball more?  We went into the final 1/3ish of the game down by two scores, whereby we proceeded to pass the ball 19 times to 5 Zeke runs.  We had run it with Elliott about 10 times and Dak had 10 pass attempts for the first 2/3ish of the game.  We couldn't run the ball in the first half as we were constantly behind the sticks because of negative plays or penalties and couldn't sustain any drives.  Our shortest 3rd down in the first half was 7 yards, of which we converted none of them.  To run the ball, you have to sustain drives, to do this, you have to convert 3rd downs and typically they need to be manageable, this was inherent in our success in 2016.  Our average 3rd down in the first half was over 13 yards. 

Let's face it, their front 7 whipped our perceived strength, our OL/Blocking TEs.  The only successive first downs we got in the game were through the passing game.  Again, we threw the ball 19 attempts to Elliot's called 5 runs the last 4 drives.  In these drives, we accumulated 132 of our 232 total yards and drove to our only 2 scoring opportunities all game, in our other 8 drives we had the other 100ish yards.  Elliott's first 8 rushes were for 20 yards.  We were a mess for most of the game but it wasn't specifically because we went too pass heavy without context, by the time we went pass heavy, we had little time, were down by 2 scores, and had nothing working.  

So, yes, either you didn't watch the game closely, looked at the box score, saw the final numbers and come to the conclusion "we didn't run it enough", look at the pass to run ratio!  Or worse, you watched the game, took a few minutes to consider your whip crack analysis and still came to the conclusion that we didn't call enough runs, which means you don't understand basic concepts of football.  But yes, we didn't run the ball effectively today..... we didn't do anything effectively today except probably clap.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't know if Dak is the answer

It's why I wanted to take Jackson instead of that mediocre ass LB who had one decent season at Boise St. Then take Shaqueem Griffin in the 4th instead of that shit ass QB who isnt even practice squad material. 

Also it was fucking evident as hell to anyone with a brain that after drafting Connor you move Lael Collins back inside where he was better and put Connor at RT. He's not a fucking guard or LT in the NFL. He's a RT. 

Stupid personnel decisions have fucked up this offense. 

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I have to say, it's really a great feeling that this loss doesn't affect me in any way now. When you expect them to suck and they do, it makes everything a lot easier to take. 

Same..... I just sort of chuckled and thought.... of course!  I guess 25 years of being shitty will do that....

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Connor Williams might give up 20 sacks at LG. Ran through him and around him.

He was always overrated at Texas, came out too early, was drafted too high, has no mean streak, and was hurt more than anyone with the Frederick illness. Not every pick is Frederick, smith, Martin, or Collins.  It’s just unfortunate that Connor is the anomaly. 

Seems like the Cowboys should use Zeke more in the receiving game and give Dak a comfortable check down option.  With that OL they should be good at running screens.  

It would be nice if they had a big speedy deep threat for PA, maybe Gallup can be that guy? 

Beasley and Hurns are good receivers and Dak needs to build a better relationship with Hurns.

The missing Witten really shows.

The coaching is more of a problem than Dak.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz