9.10.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Answering questions where every answer is nitpicked sucks. If you do it long enough with a hostile press, you will fuck up.

This is true, but when you start a presser after losing a game in which you were heavily favored by quoting John fucking Steinbeck, you're not helping your cause. 

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

If it's the response I think you're referring to he was talking about not using tempo in the 4th vs. a series in the 1Q. 

Yeah, his comments about tempo actually made sense to me for the most part, but regarding that goal line series, I wish someone would have asked the follow up question as to whether anyone from the booth was in his headset telling him to slow fucking tempo down considering we scored on 2nd down and the refs missed it so the replay booth had a chance to correct it.  That was a pretty big fuckup.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This is true, but when you start a presser after losing a game in which you were heavily favored by quoting John fucking Steinbeck, you're not helping your cause. 

If he'd gone with Kurt Vonnegut and "Cat's Cradle" I would have been much more impressed. And, honestly, Ice 9 is just about the perfect explanation for what is going on with our offense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, his comments about tempo actually made sense to me for the most part, but regarding that goal line series, I wish someone would have asked the follow up question as to whether anyone from the booth was in his headset telling him to slow fucking tempo down considering we scored on 2nd down and the refs missed it so the replay booth had a chance to correct it.  That was a pretty big fuckup.

That would've been a good question. I was screaming WTF when that happened.

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
36 minutes ago, South Austin said:
Daniels must be out.

We would have been favored anyway. This is a matchup of two very flawed teams.

Always a great matchup when USC plays Oregon State....

Trojans vs Beavers...... hopefully a Happy Ending for the Victor???

Edited by LTtxfan

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
34 minutes ago, South Austin said:
Daniels must be out.

We would have been favored anyway. This is a matchup of two very flawed teams.

Yep, that brain trust running SC isn’t anything special. And both teams have enough talent that someone on either team could step up and make a play or two to win the damn thing. Regardless of the situations that bad coaching put them in.

6 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Yep, that brain trust running SC isn’t anything special. And both teams have enough talent that someone on either team could step up and make a play or two to win the damn thing. Regardless of the situations that bad coaching put them in.

Think SC has way more talent however. But the game is at home for Texas so it evens it out...somewhat.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Yeah that was a totally different Tom Herman than we've seen in a Monday press conference.  CDC doing work.  

Well yeah that, and stress. The billy bad ass act that many so glowing defined as cool back on the old site. Was a WTF to all of us who have had to actually speak to the media on the record. 

Sure, it’s awesome when great results follow your bravado. But it’s a mother fucker when they don’t. Pretty basic toastmasters stuff. 

Chip Brown is askin' the tough questions like "Tom, uh, I think it's fair to give you a chance to respond to this cuz it sounds like there uh section of your fan base that thinks you are arrogant. Thinks that you dont, take blame for you know poor, poor play by the team er, tolerate questions about it, or, dignify their feelings that this team should be further along especially on offense then where it is right now. What would you say to that?"

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Chip Brown is askin' the tough questions like "Tom, uh, I think it's fair to give you a chance to respond to this cuz it sounds like there uh section of your fan base that thinks you are arrogant. Thinks that you dont, take blame for you know poor, poor play by the team er, tolerate questions about it, or, dignify their feelings that this team should be further along especially on offense then where it is right now. What would you say to that?"

FUCK YOU CHIP

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Coach has definitely had a sit down with his boss.

CDC was pissed in that booth interview during the game, and you know that he has his Twitter game on and is well aware of the public image his football coach is "manifesting."

I'm thinking his visits to the BMD suites during the game led to conversations he did not expect to have during his 1st home fb game.

I will say that for the 1st time since I have been attending games- 25 years, the AD seems to actually care about us fans. Outside of the on field play, my kids had a blast & we had a great day.

• Like 3

Yeahhhh... that's an excellent question, Chip. I don't think I'm arrogant, as such. I think I'm confident that we're on the right track, and sometimes confidence comes across a little bit strong.

By the way, a lot of those same surly fans were chanting FCB! FCB! What does that mean?

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deech said:

What was so damn unique about Tulsa's defense?  

Yeah, they played 3 high safeties taking away all the over the top and minimizing long plays... They just ask you to nickle and dime them to death.  Pretty sound strategy against a team that struggles on all intermediate middle routes and those that refuse to switch to a two RB back formation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, they played 3 high safeties taking away all the over the top and minimizing long plays... They just ask you to nickle and dime them to death.  Pretty sound strategy against a team that struggles on all intermediate middle routes and those that refuse to switch to a two RB back formation.

Hey are you coach? Have you ever fashioned a watering contraption out of PVC pipe and athletic tape?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Have we seen a two RB formation since Herman took over?

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So you make adjustments and beat that unique defense. Where's my $9.95? Or $5m?