Bad NCAA officiating thread

mulletpelini

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Holds are hardly ever called accurately, we as fans might notice something on one play, while the ref is eyeing a separate area of the field... It's a hard job...

Holds where the defender's jersey comes off the outside of their shoulder pads right at the point of attack and their upper body bends away from the movement of their body because it's being restrained are not hard to see or call. At all. They are absurdly easy to see and call. It is either incompetence or malfeasance, no other explanation for the two Georgia holds I pointed out not to be called.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Oh and by the way, that 2015 OSU game was so rigged that even Vince Russo was saying "oh no one would ever believe that."

Yeah, it's as if the refs borrowed the rulebook out of the NCAA basketball pages, and said "screw it, jump ball"...

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Holds where the defender's jersey comes off the outside of their shoulder pads right at the point of attack and their upper body bends away from the movement of their body because it's being restrained are not hard to see or call. At all. They are absurdly easy to see and call. It is either incompetence or malfeasance, no other explanation for the two Georgia holds I pointed out not to be called.

Oh no, I am not disagreeing with you, I am only saying there is a large area to survey, while we have no idea if the refs are incompetent or neglecting those calls...

Mehh I’m a Texas fan so take it with a grain of salt but I feel like we’ve been getting the shit end of the stick in terms of officiating for the past 4 to 5 years. 

I mean Brandon Jones got textbook horsecollared in the Maryland game and refs just ignored it. Now he’s injured. Yet Daniel Young gets a penalty for getting standing up too fast/hard. I think somebody high on the officials brass made it a point to call things tighter on us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Mehh I’m a Texas fan so take it with a grain of salt but I feel like we’ve been getting the shit end of the stick in terms of officiating for the past 4 to 5 years. 

I mean Brandon Jones got textbook horsecollared in the Maryland game and refs just ignored it. Now he’s injured. Yet Daniel Young gets a penalty for getting standing up too fast/hard. I think somebody high on the officials brass made it a point to call things tighter on us.

Also, they are a bunch of small town boofers from Lubbock and other shitholes. They just hate us cuz they anus.

https://twitter.com/Big12Refs/status/1037068232274968576?s=20

Nebraska has Troy at 3rd and 9 on the first series of the game.  Troy throws a flair out pass to the sideline that looks like it will be close to a first down, but receiver obviously steps out of bounds short of the marker.  Refs mark it as a first down.  Frost challenges call.  Refs overturn call, now its 4th down.

4th and 2.

you really that incompetent that you can't distinguish the difference between a ball going out of bounds at the 28 or the 30?

Catch the ball and run 6 steps but you are still "defenceless" because you dont see BJ Foster about to pop ya.
Bull fuckin shit

He got blowed up. Flag reminded me of Westbrook destroying McElroy.

I think his shoulder made first contact, but his head went down and hit the wr helmet. I can’t gripe too much about it.

There was a spot in the Iowa State v OU game that was atrocious. He spotted it a yard shelf of the marker and the RB clearly stepped out past the 1st down. It also weirds me out when these plays are never reviewed. Of course ISU didn’t convert the third and they punted. It was early and it was still very close. To me, these missed calls are game silent game changers. 

Just curious, I was in a bar watching the Texas game with the sound down.  That uncalled safety in the first half which sure as hell looked like a safety to me could have been a huge turning point in the game.  Since I couldn't hear what was being discussed, what was the reasoning for not calling it a safety?  Does the same rule apply in reverse to a safety ball crossing the appropriate "front" of the line that a TD does?  I'm not clear on that ruling.

4 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Just curious, I was in a bar watching the Texas game with the sound down.  That uncalled safety in the first half which sure as hell looked like a safety to me could have been a huge turning point in the game.  Since I couldn't hear what was being discussed, what was the reasoning for not calling it a safety?  Does the same rule apply in reverse to a safety ball crossing the appropriate "front" of the line that a TD does?  I'm not clear on that ruling.

Klatt nearly lost his mind bitching about that call. To be fair, it was clearly a safety. 

There was no reasoning given.  I would guess that the video guys lied to themselves and said that they couldn't conclusively tell that the ball didn't make it out.

Edited by ClubWhatever

It was just a terrible call and the announcers said as much plenty of times.

The Big 12 owes us about 100 more.
  • Like 1

Of course, that was preceded by a poor offside call on Texas where the defense jumped into the neutral zone first.

So UNT-Ark game on the SEC N. UNT around midfield towards the end of the 1st half when Ark potentially could come back, throws a beautiful deep ball and a phantom holding call pops up. Showing the replay on the SECN and the homer announcers even state “that was the worst call I have ever seen”. The other guy in the booth keeps trying to figure out the foul and eventually gives up.

You know it’s a bullshit call when the SECN homers call you out in it. 

Edited by Laxtonto

On 9/15/2018 at 10:43 PM, mulletpelini said:

This is fucking amazing. 

What's particularly amazing is that it looks like that's how the play is supposed to be run. Like they just decided to Trump the roolz and see if they'd get away with it

Narrator: They got away with it.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

It cost USC two points, but they stopped Texas and got the ball back at mid-field, which is probably better than they would have gotten if we punted from the 20 after the safety. I don’t think it was that huge of a turning point. 

USC got away with the most blatant hold of the game on their first TD, and the log pass inside the 5 that set up their 2nd TD wasn’t a catch. USC rushed to the LOS to run off another play to prevent the replay official from stopping action for a review.