Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Their DLine is missing Ross Blacklock and the rest are small but fast. Terrell Cooper is a RS frosh who weighs 260 lbs. RUN HIS ASS OVER ALL DAY.

If they don't come out running counters, traps, iso's and dives right up the middle with heavy doses of Keaontay Ingram and Danny Young I just might lose my shit. 

fify

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Their DLine is missing Ross Blacklock and the rest are small but fast. Terrell Cooper is a RS frosh who weighs 260 lbs. RUN HIS ASS OVER ALL DAY.

If they don't come out running counters, traps, iso's and dives right up the middle with heavy doses of Danny Young I just might lose my shit. 

Where do people get this “small but fast” stuff from?  TCU’s starting DTs are Broadnax (308 lbs) and Bethley (302 lbs).  Their starting DEs go 240 and 279.  They are not small.

8 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

forget it, we're on a roll!

animal-house-speech_2.jpg

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go kick some horny toad ass.....

22 minutes ago, Chad N. Freud said:

Where do people get this “small but fast” stuff from?  TCU’s starting DTs are Broadnax (308 lbs) and Bethley (302 lbs).  Their starting DEs go 240 and 279.  They are not small.

I was going off the depth chart on their website. Cooper was ahead of Broadnax but maybe that's not updated. And the WDE was listed at 235 on their website which means he's probably ten pounds less or they just haven't updated that either. 

Edited by TankedBevo

20 minutes ago, Chad N. Freud said:

When i watched them matched up Vs Bucks  I noticed the LBS looked small.  Dont know enough about the roster or if OSU is just massive but the LBS looked very small.  

Side note i was extremely drunk so im probably completely wrong. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

The edit is cool but man I just don't want to get pantsed by the froggies again

7 tackles and no sacks...i guess Herman is really focused on shoving Hager down our throats. It's just says so much about Herman that he would continue this charade.

11 minutes ago, Chad N. Freud said:

Summers, Cooper, Bethley, Bangogu, Wallow, Evans: Avg 250 lbs. 275 lbs is a normal 4-2 front.

Nelson, Omenihu, Hager, Wheeler, Johnson, Roach: Avg 265 lbs.  265 lbs is a normal 3-3 front.

12 minutes ago, pacman said:

7 tackles and no sacks...i guess Herman is really focused on shoving Hager down our throats. It's just says so much about Herman that he would continue this charade. 

Or he's a senior captain who takes cool pictures because of the big hair? The other guy that's shown on everything is LJH, and he's got the cool dreads.

14 minutes ago, pacman said:

I would just as soon, for the tcu game at least, hager not rush at all.  he needs to play back for qb runs, rb releases, short passes across the middle, etc. their qb cannot beat our db's with his arm.  with his feet maybe, but am not worried about their passing game.

4 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I would just as soon, for the tcu game at least, hager not rush at all.  he needs to play back for qb runs, rb releases, short passes across the middle, etc. their qb cannot beat our db's with his arm.  with his feet maybe, but am not worried about their passing game.

You obviously didn't see how shitty their tackles played against OSU.  We definitely want Hager rushing this game.

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Fair let's keep it simple - Herman vs Patterson is not a fair fight 

On defense, Orlando is a great DC, but Patterson just is uniquely good at scouting opponents and preparing his team, and I don't think we're the hardest offense to scout and prepare for. 

On offense, on paper Herman is supposed to be every bit the offensive mind Cumbie is, but whether due to personnel, Beck, or other, he certainly has not demonstrated that here. 

On players, tcu sure as hell looked faster and better coached vs osu than we have at any point this year. 

It's hard to look at all of that and say we win. 

On the other hand, it's at our house, we're riding a high off of a good win, they're hopefully limping off a deflating loss, and I'm sure our players and coaches are as sick of hearing about 1-5 as we are.  It's college football.  Crazy shit happens.  I'm hoping it does tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

On defense, Orlando is a great DC, but Patterson just is uniquely good at scouting opponents and preparing his team, and I don't think we're the hardest offense to scout and prepare for. 

On offense, on paper Herman is supposed to be every bit the offensive mind Cumbie is, but whether due to personnel, Beck, or other, he certainly has not demonstrated that here. 

On players, tcu sure as hell looked faster and better coached vs osu than we have at any point this year. 

It's hard to look at all of that and say we win. 

On the other hand, it's at our house, we're riding a high off of a good win, they're hopefully limping off a deflating loss, and I'm sure our players and coaches are as sick of hearing about 1-5 as we are.  It's college football.  Crazy shit happens.  I'm hoping it does tomorrow. 

Agree this has all the makings of a blowout loss. If TCU makes our offense one dimensional they force a bunch of 3 and outs and mental mistakes from Ehlinger. Defense tires out and the game gets out of hand.

We will need TCU to make a bunch of mistakes and exploit the way we did with USCs terrible special teams. 

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Agree this has all the makings of a blowout loss. If TCU makes our offense one dimensional they force a bunch of 3 and outs and mental mistakes from Ehlinger. Defense tires out and the game gets out of hand.

We will need TCU to make a bunch of mistakes and exploit the way we did with USCs terrible special teams. 

Here’s what we do. Give aggy the phone number to the hotel where the Frogs are staying, and tell them that it is where Bama is staying using a false team name and false area code to try to stay safe from aggy, who intimidates them.

• Like 3

Every time Ehlinger drops back to pass is an opportunity for the hybrid multi-front whiz-bang defense to cause chaos.

Ideally, you don't out-scheme TCU's defense. You out-play them. Bring in 2 TE, keep your blocking sound, and turn the game into a walrus battle. Sometimes, football is just a simple matter of seeing who's tougher. Take your yards, wait for the safeties to spin down, and see what happens when Colin or LJH go one on one.

TCU is a well put together football team. There's no, "Simple. Just do this!" game plan. We're just going to have to whip it out and see who's is biggest.

• Like 2