Old Disney feature films

deadshank

16 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I saw Song of the South at the local theater when I was a kid in the late 60s or early 70s. 

Also, embarrassingly, Darby O'Gill and the Little People scared the shit out of me for some reason that I couldn't recall.  Then some shag poster put up a picture of that wraith/banshee and it all came back to me.  Fucker

Isn’t there some sort of banshee in Darby ogill that flies around screaming?

18 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Escape to Witch Mountain, anyone? Or how about Gus? You know, the one about how the mascot for the football team who becomes the star kicker? Look at the cast: Ed Asner, Bob Crane, Don Knotts, Tim Conway....PLUS Johnny Unitas AND Dick Butkus.

Bob Crane's final movie.

The Jungle Book is my all time favorite Disney animated flick, Oh...I'm the king of the jungle, a jungle VIP...  another vaulted never to be seen flick, along with Song of The South.
Oh they get reeeeeaaalllll touchy when you bring up Song of the South at Traditions. Traditions leaders claim some other movie pioneered live and animated together technique and the one they claim is after Song of the South. Anyway Song of the South wasn't the first either, the Little Alice shorts that Walt did right off the bat were.

Ps Mickey is 90 this year but it DID NOT "started with a mouse". It started with a lucky rabbit, Oswald, Mickey's OLDER BROTHER. So fuck off rat.

Ps Fuck you Woody Wopdpecker you kidnapping sack of shit.
  • Like 1

I saw Song of the South at the local theater when I was a kid in the late 60s or early 70s. 
Also, embarrassingly, Darby O'Gill and the Little People scared the shit out of me for some reason that I couldn't recall.  Then some shag poster put up a picture of that wraith/banshee and it all came back to me.  Fucker
3af17ced9bb6e21a69e1edf145d75abb.jpg?

On 9/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, mdmost said:

Hell yeah. Swiss Family Robinsons, Treasure Island, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Old Yeller, Apple Dumpling Gang, all the Herbie the Lovebug movies. We had an old 2 screen cinema in Garland off Walnut Hill that would show old Disney live action movies during the summer in the 80s. Went there every Wednesday with the daycare my mother took us to. 

Wow.

As a kid in the 70's, my first movie experiences were at the Walnut Twin, in the shopping center at Walnut and Jupiter.

Edit:  Holy shit, looking at Google Maps, that theater is still there.

Edited by Augustus

Lots of great stuff already posted. Brings back lots of great memories. my grandma and grandpa had most of these on VHS and I would watch the shit out of them when we went to visit. And John Wayne movies my grandpa loved which I would watch with him

Edited by The Dude

• 1 month later...