2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Give up on the Faried thing. He really isn't that important.

Lol no. He'd be more effective that Capela, that's for certain. At least he didn't mouth off saying he wanted Golden State because he wanted to beat the champs and then not show up for 90% of the series.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

warriors in the same position as the rockets were last year: up 3-2, but likely without a key piece for the rest of the series. 

And we'll have to win a Game 7 on the road.

The parallels to last season are amazing, assuming KD is done for the series like CP3 was.

18 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

KD will be playing.  You think they are lying about a strained calf?  Also, they are better without KD.  Rockets win tonight if he plays the whole game.

Have you ever had a strained calf?  That's not a 48-hour recovery.   

And they're better without KD?  He was their leading scorer in the first four games, and it was all they could do to win two of those.  You're out of your mind.

Just now, TexArcher said:

Have you ever had a strained calf?  That's not a 48-hour recovery.   

And they're better without KD?  He was their leading scorer in the first four games, and it was all they could do to win two of those.  You're out of your mind.

Yes.  Was playing on it the next day.  Ill advised maybe because it nagged me for a few months.  Of course, I was much younger than 30 so I bounced back from things more quickly.  But I also wasn't getting paid 25 million a year to play a game for a team in the playoffs.  If I was, I probably let Coach Kilmer hit me with the juice and deal with the injury in the offseason.  Unless its torn, he can play on it.

At any rate, when my calf hurt, I for sure didn't grab my ankle. Shaq most likely is right.

Capela has been shit the entire playoffs. I would look to trade him in the off season if it can net you a bigger star. I like the guy, but he's being dominated by fucking Kevun Looney for too much of this series.

So pissed at the rotations last night by D'Antoni, when it was apparent the team was completely out of gas in the 4Q.

If KD doesn't play in Game 6 or Game 7 and the Rockets don't win this series, then it's the Rockets fault for losing.....  not the referees.

For me, No More Ref Talk Rockets.... it's winning time if you want another Championship!!

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If KD doesn't play in Game 6 or Game 7 and the Rockets don't win this series, then it's the Rockets fault for losing.....  not the referees.

For me, No More Ref Talk Rockets.... it's winning time if you want another Championship!!

If that happens, D'Antoni should be fired because he will never have this opportunity again. There is no excuse for how poorly he managed that game last night. Of course, the Paul contract is looking an albatross everyone said it was going to be in this series. He looks really bad. Though the Rockets had no other choice. Capela also taking 3 steps backwards doesn't help. I would trade him for Randle right now.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If that happens, D'Antoni should be fired because he will never have this opportunity again. There is no excuse for how poorly he managed that game last night. Of course, the Paul contract is looking an albatross everyone said it was going to be in this series. He looks really bad. Though the Rockets had no other choice. Capela also taking 3 steps backwards doesn't help. I would trade him for Randle right now.

Nice post except trading Capela.  Just need to get Capela playing better.....

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nice post except trading Capela.  Just need to get Capela playing better.....

Capela's value is too tied to how other's get him the ball, and is getting outplayed by Kevon Looney. This is second straight year, Golden State has made him useless, and his FT shooting is abysmal. You can upgrade from Capela.

Hopefully they adjust the D for no Durant. Have PJ all over Klay. Play bigger inside with Nene and Capella (we need him to win). 

KD ‘s length plus looney really hurt the Rockets pick and roll lob game. I expect at least 4 lob jams to Cap next game. Need to exploit the middle and wear them out. 

Really curious what morey will do if we shit the bed tomorrow, at this point I feel like Harden is at the same crossroad Olajuwon was in as he was approaching the “never can win a big series” label until 1994-95 happened. I’m kinda at where I was then and needed a series win for me to believe again. Up until now you kinda already know what’s coming and that’s either a loss at home or a unshocking game 7 loss by 5 and had multiple opportunities to win.

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Really curious what morey will do if we shit the bed tomorrow, at this point I feel like Harden is at the same crossroad Olajuwon was in as he was approaching the “never can win a big series” label until 1994-95 happened. I’m kinda at where I was then and needed a series win for me to believe again. Up until now you kinda already know what’s coming and that’s either a loss at home or a unshocking game 7 loss by 5 and had multiple opportunities to win.

Let KD leave Oakland and try again. 

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Paul’s midrange and driving game should improve with Durant’s length and athleticism off the court as well. 

We have to push the tempo. Harden needs to attack without dribbling for 10 seconds. Earn some money Mikey D

Rockets fans: Harden needs to attack without dribbling for 10 seconds

Harden: That's not me

This is a game that will probably write the final epitaphs to Paul, Hrden, and D'Antoni if they lose. D'Antoni can't be afraid to use his bench to wear down the Warriors. 9+ guys should be playing for the Rockets tonight.

Edited by HtownHorn

super nervous about this one not just because it could end the season, but also because everyone and their dog is picking the rockets tonight.  the warriors have 0 depth and i think that should be the difference tonight, but they do still have 3 all stars. 

cannot afford to come out slow or unfocused.