2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

RIP to Mrs. Pop and prayers for Coach.

I think Pop would respect a light-hearted story right about now, so here goes: I didn't always realize he was married. In fact I remember when I found out he was married and my first thought was damn, how does she let him wear some of the suits he does?

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Messina has been the backup coach for the last two seasons

Makes it a little awkward when he said this 3 days ago....

"It's going to take somebody who has some guts, some imagination, and is not driven by old standards and old forms." Popovich said. "If somebody is smart, it's actually a pretty good marketing deal — but it's not about that. It's got to be that she's competent, that she's ready."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/gregg-popovich-becky-hammon-ready-nba-head-coach-article-1.3937289

5 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I expect the Spurs to come out strong tonight and only lose by 15.

Man, I don't even care. Just call it a series and let Pop mourn for awhile. I feel so bad for him.

Let Kawhi go and figure out what it is he is going to do.

• Like 1

The sudden rumor that Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers could explain things. Bigger endorsement potential, maybe his childhood dream team (not sure about that) and I assume more of the lifestyle craved by a 26-year-old multi-millionaire who grew up in the area.

Doesn’t explain to me why he was so skittish about playing this year, but maybe he “knew” there would be LAL interest regardless. That’s a little suspicious.

Sure hate to think this could happen. Kawhi has become my favorite Spur. But if he were eager to be a Laker, I’d drop him like a hot rock.

Edited by Gut Wagon

46 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

The sudden rumor that Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers could explain things. Bigger endorsement potential, maybe his childhood dream team (not sure about that) and I assume more of the lifestyle craved by a 26-year-old multi-millionaire who grew up in the area.

Doesn’t explain to me why he was so skittish about playing this year, but maybe he “knew” there would be LAL interest regardless. That’s a little suspicious.

Sure hate to think this could happen. Kawhi has become my favorite Spur. But if he were eager to be a Laker, I’d drop him like a hot rock.

I thought he lives in San Diego in the off-season?

The last 2 games the Spurs have shown a lot of grit & hustle against the defending world champs...

Considering that coach Pop is out due to the loss of is wife, this team has shown a lot of focus/ fire & heart... I think the team pulls out the win tonite...