2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

3 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Once things are figured out with Kawhi this summer, the Spurs have a shot at another run to a top 4 seed next year I think...

I wish I had your optimism. I think there’s a far better chance we’re going to wander about the desert for a while. We don’t have much talent. 

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I wish I had your optimism. I think there’s a far better chance we’re going to wander about the desert for a while. We don’t have much talent. 

I'd rather have a Hall-of-Fame coach & rag-tag group of hustlers (SAS), over a "Big 3" & coach that can't even figure out how to run rotations during the game (OKC)...

Edited by kopp0e

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Damn, whose wife or mother did MNLonghorn fuck?

Decent game from Tony. Manu couldn't buy a shot, though. I'll be so happy when this season is over. Won't be long ...

Then the fun really starts. Sure would’ve been nice to have a lottery pick. Just saying. 

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They gave out the fucking Pulitzer for poetry too damn early. Magnificent.

I shall giveth my best endowments of the physical mind in annihilation of the opponents self esteem... Maybe I win the golden buzzer..?

tenor.gif?itemid=4295953

It was borderline depressing to be there last night. It felt nothing like a playoff game. Terrible energy in the building. The team plays such disorganized basketball and even when they get good looks they can't throw it in the ocean. Then they get gashed on defense. I hate to use the analogy with what is going on with Pop, but it felt like a funeral. I really think this is the end, finally, of a 20 year unprecedented run.

But getting back to actual basketball, I don't understand the Spurs strategy at all. Golden State is essentially trotting out 5 wings out there. They don't have a point guard. Here's a fucking idea: make one of those assholes who isn't used to bringing up the ball play against some pressure. Patty Mills can't guard in anybody in that starting lineup so instead of letting Klay Thompson abuse him on the block, have him press. Or use Dejounte Murray to press. Worst case scenario it makes them run some clock and burn some energy and gets them out of their comfort zone.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It was borderline depressing to be there last night. It felt nothing like a playoff game. Terrible energy in the building. The team plays such disorganized basketball and even when they get good looks they can't throw it in the ocean. Then they get gashed on defense. I hate to use the analogy with what is going on with Pop, but it felt like a funeral. I really think this is the end, finally, of a 20 year unprecedented run.

But getting back to actual basketball, I don't understand the Spurs strategy at all. Golden State is essentially trotting out 5 wings out there. They don't have a point guard. Here's a fucking idea: make one of those assholes who isn't used to bringing up the ball play against some pressure. Patty Mills can't guard in anybody in that starting lineup so instead of letting Klay Thompson abuse him on the block, have him press. Or use Dejounte Murray to press. Worst case scenario it makes them run some clock and burn some energy and gets them out of their comfort zone.

I thought the same thing when I saw igoudala bringing the ball up in game 1.  But pops never been one to gamble like that.  

Looking like yet another sweep at the hands of the Warriors. I'll be surprised to see Kawhi return for next season. Something is definitely wrong, the remarks made by Manu, Tony and Pop demonstrate this. My dream scenario : Trade Kawhi to Boston for Tatum/Brown and sign the Brow to a max. The Spurs would have a solid front court of LMA, The Brow and Tatum supplanted by Brown at SG and Murray at PG in the back court.

This really appears to be the end I thought we were living through the better part of a decade ago. But as it turned out then, TD still had an unexpected surge left in him, some role players bought in...and some dude from San Diego started to grow before our eyes. So I'm still choosing to call the glass half full.  

6 minutes ago, Chad said:

Looking like yet another sweep at the hands of the Warriors. I'll be surprised to see Kawhi return for next season. Something is definitely wrong, the remarks made by Manu, Tony and Pop demonstrate this. My dream scenario : Trade Kawhi to Boston for Tatum/Brown and sign the Brow to a max. The Spurs would have a solid front court of LMA, The Brow and Tatum supplanted by Brown at SG and Murray at PG in the back court.

Davis is under contract until 2020-21. 

7 minutes ago, thepop said:

So...we gotta draft a big man right?

We need wing players and guards much more...... We could use a bench big that can protect the rim.   It's not a big man's game anymore.  Our issue is we have two really bad contracts on the books for next year.  Pau, which nobody can fucking explain and Patty's, who we probably "rewarded".... Not two of PATFO's shining moments.

Manu: should retire when this season is over. Not because he sucks, but because he doesn't.

Tony: same as Manu. Do not wait until you're fucking useless.

Bertans: I don't know what they saw in that guy, but he looks useless at both ends of the court. GTFO.

Green is competent on defense but can't make a basket. I don't know what to do with him.

Patty is a defensive liability and a crapshoot on offense. GTFO.

Gasol is too old. GTFO.

Anderson: what is his strength? Leaning toward GTFO.

Murray: I don't know if he can become an elite point guard, but he's not one. He should be the backup PG on this team.

LMA: keep him

Gay: keep him

Kawhi: suit up or GTFO.