2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol losing Kawaii was great for this team. I'll root for LaMarcus and DeRozan even though I hate the Spurs. 

Officials are in pre-playoffs mode with GSW, I'm surprised they are leading at all

Yeah, no it wasn’t. But he’s dead to us, so fuck him and his load management pussy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don't understand wtf is going on ... but I like it.

Same. 8 game win streak out of nowhere with some rugged competition mixed in with the likes of GS, Portland, Milwaukee, OKC and Denver.

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Undefeated since Pau was bought out. Just saying... 

Undeniably addition by subtraction, but Derrick White being healthy has been an even bigger impact, imo.

Aldridge has been Mr. Reliable, DDR with one of his best games as a Spur, Gay seems 100 percent ... just imagine what we'd be doing with DJM in the lineup instead of Forbes.

I hate GSW so much, this is almost as good as a playoff series win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Derrick White has me really, really intrigued. 

I know it's at home dammit, but you aren't going to get me less excited for briefly moving into the 5 seed after this roller coaster of a season.

Whatever folks think about the team, the trade, other FA signings, whatever, the Spurs continue to show we understand how to develop players, especially guards and especially defensively.  DJM, White, and Forbes are examples the Spurs do a fantastic job bringing along these guys at a steady pace and in a role which highlights their skills.  You could even throw Kyle Anderson in there who cashed in on this development.  Let's hope Lonnie will have the same arc because not only do we really need his height and athleticism, but he arguably has the biggest upside.

Need Spurs historians to help out.....

Stephen A. said even the Spurs tanked a year on purpose when David Robinson got hurt to land Duncan..... Do you believe that's true??

If I remember correctly, both Robinson and Elliott were hurt during that season

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Stephen A. said even the Spurs tanked a year on purpose when David Robinson got hurt to land Duncan..... Do you believe that's true??

Nah, they didn't tank, they just sucked. Their two best players were Del Negro and Avery Johnson, both of whom were already past their primes. The team was just really poor without D Rob.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

They were both hurt for sure. At one point, I believe Monty Williams was their best player. As for tanking? Maybe. I don't really remember how severe the injuries were. 

If I remember correctly, Boston had the best shot to win that lottery by far. We got lucky and got Duncan.