2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

And I’m not buying this DeRozan is tired shit. He’s just playing like shit. Honestly, he’s not very good at his specialty. His iso game is fucking weak.

I dont watch every game, so probably went a month without seeing him. DDR beginning of the year was a much more explosive player to the point of surprise he was so good.

Pop's in the final year of his contract and will turn 70 plus his next two summers will be dedicated to USA basketball.  A lot to place on the guy, but he's a lot like his mentor, Larry Brown, and I don't think will ever really want to retire from basketball.  Maybe I'm wrong and after the Olympics, Pop will retire and tour the vineyards in Europe for the rest of his life, but I doubt it.  I think he'll be with the Spurs in some capacity, whether it be coach, advisor, President of Ops, etc.  Who would pick up the mantle?  Udoka?

Maybe he'll run for Congress....

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pop's in the final year of his contract and will turn 70 plus his next two summers will be dedicated to USA basketball.  A lot to place on the guy, but he's a lot like his mentor, Larry Brown, and I don't think will ever really want to retire from basketball.  Maybe I'm wrong and after the Olympics, Pop will retire and tour the vineyards in Europe for the rest of his life, but I doubt it.  I think he'll be with the Spurs in some capacity, whether it be coach, advisor, President of Ops, etc.  Who would pick up the mantle?  Udoka?

Maybe he'll run for Congress....

He could seriously just throw his name in for the next mayor election,  do absolutely no campaigning, and win.  

18 hours ago, Kermit said:

And I’m not buying this DeRozan is tired shit. He’s just playing like shit. Honestly, he’s not very good at his specialty. His iso game is fucking weak.

I thought he was amazing in the fourth quarter last night, especially with his passing. He finished with 9 assists, but they missed shots on another 2-3 good looks that he essentially created on his own. Dallas was trying to take the ball out of his hands and he made them pay, setting up Bertans and Mills, and I still don't know how he got that ball through to Aldridge on the layup.

And of course, fuck the Mavs. No matter how shitty they are, it's still fun to beat their asses. Even better spotting them 20 in their own gym. I really like Doncic and think he's going to be stud for years, but he needs to pay some dues before whining to the refs like he does. Did anybody tell him that rookies don't get calls in the NBA?

I thought he was amazing in the fourth quarter last night, especially with his passing. He finished with 9 assists, but they missed shots on another 2-3 good looks that he essentially created on his own. Dallas was trying to take the ball out of his hands and he made them pay, setting up Bertans and Mills, and I still don't know how he got that ball through to Aldridge on the layup.
And of course, fuck the Mavs. No matter how shitty they are, it's still fun to beat their asses. Even better spotting them 20 in their own gym. I really like Doncic and think he's going to be stud for years, but he needs to pay some dues before whining to the refs like he does. Did anybody tell him that rookies don't get calls in the NBA?

Doncic’s hero ball at the end cost them

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Doncic’s hero ball at the end cost them

They don't anybody who can create shots but him.  Smith is too out of control and was out "sick".  Dirk's too old.  Barnes sucks.  Wes has never been the same after the knee injury.  DAJ doesn't have an offensive game outside of 5 feet.  A lot of responsibility placed on the rookie.  Frankly, both teams sucked in the 4th.  Davis hit a huge 3 which sort of snapped us out of our funk.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/1/19/18189136/san-antonio-spurs-andrew-wiggins

Trading Patty Mills and Pau Gasol gives Minnesota a waive on Pau’s final season and a back-up point in Patty Mills. That’s a lot more room to bring in a free agent.

The Spurs eat the 5-year contract, but their future is locked in. With a young, solid core, the Spurs are looking more set for a serious title run in the next couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Holy shit, what a fucking terrible idea...... If PATFO did that, they should be shot out back.  Wiggins contract is top 5 for WORST in the NBA and there's 4 more years of it.  That's what stupid people who don't know basketball on video games do.

You take on reclamation projects on low cost contracts, not max contracts.  The Twolves would kiss us if we took on Wiggins' contract.  At least it's good to see the writer is getting excoriated in the comments.  He needs to be.

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Holy shit, what a fucking terrible idea...... If PATFO did that, they should be shot out back.  Wiggins contract is top 5 for WORST in the NBA and there's 4 more years of it.  That's what stupid people who don't know basketball on video games do.

You take on reclamation projects on low cost contracts, not max contracts.  The Twolves would kiss us if we took on Wiggins' contract.  At least it's good to see the writer is getting excoriated in the comments.  He needs to be.

I agree with you. It would be nice to dump off Gasol and Mills, but not at the expense of an underachieving player with an albatross of a contract.

Whenever someone suggests trading Patty, they show their ass. Now that the Big 3 have vacated, he's the unquestioned leader of the team. Period.

PATFO know there is more to winning basketball than pure on court talent. Chemistry, experience, and attitude make a world of difference.

6 hours ago, ZanTheFan said:

Whenever someone suggests trading Patty, they show their ass. Now that the Big 3 have vacated, he's the unquestioned leader of the team. Period.

PATFO know there is more to winning basketball than pure on court talent. Chemistry, experience, and attitude make a world of difference.

Not sure if troll or srs?

22 hours ago, ZanTheFan said:

What exactly is he "leading" us to? The 14th pick in the draft?