Charges possible after woman leaves 2-year-old outside wrong home

Bash Riprock

God that's heartbreaking to watch

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/watch-charges-possible-after-woman-leaves-2-year-old-outside-wrong-home/287-605548374

SPRING, Texas – A woman captured on video leaving a child alone outside a stranger's home could face charges, according to the sheriff's office.

The child's father tells KHOU 11 News the woman in the video had dropped the toddler off at the wrong home.

It happened at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 30700 block of Legends Ridge.

Surveillance video showed the woman, now identified as a friend of the child’s mother, knocking on the door of a Spring home and running back to her car before anyone could answer the door. The homeowner told deputies she heard the knock and went to see who it was, and that's when she found the toddler standing at her front door with no one else around.

Investigators with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office knocked on nearby doors to see if anyone recognized the child but couldn't immediately find his parents.

The video was publicized overnight, and on Thursday morning, while the father was leaving his house, he was approached by the media. He said he recognized the child as his son. He said the woman shown in the video had dropped the child off at the wrong home.

The father spoke with investigators and said earlier in the day Wednesday he was told a friend would drop the child off in the evening. When the child did not show at his door, however, he assumed the plans had changed and left for the evening.

Investigators have not released the identity of the mother’s friend but said that after speaking with the District Attorney’s Office she could face child endangerment charges.

The child is now in the custody of Child Protective Services, and they are working to reunite him with his father and family. The mother of child was in the hospital overnight and was just discharged Thursday morning, the father says.

What the hell is wrong with people?  The wrong house thing doesn't even matter really.  I can't believe there are people entrusted with children that would leave a toddler at the front door of even the right house.  It isn't a hard concept.  Your responsibility doesn't end until you deliver the child to another appropriate parent/caregiver.  If that person isn't there, you take the kid back home with you and try to figure out where that person is.  Baby's mamas are fucking crazy sometimes.

But I guess the bar is way lower than I expect.  She didn't put the kid in the oven, so maybe she's mother of the year.

The dad sucks too if he just left instead of figuring out what went wrong.  Put that kid up for adoption before its too late.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

What the hell is wrong with people?  The wrong house thing doesn't even matter really.  I can't believe there are people entrusted with children that would leave a toddler at the front door of even the right house.  It isn't a hard concept.  Your responsibility doesn't end until you deliver the child to another appropriate parent/caregiver.  If that person isn't there, you take the kid back home with you and try to figure out where that person is.  Baby's mamas are fucking crazy sometimes.

But I guess the bar is way lower than I expect.  She didn't put the kid in the oven, so maybe she's mother of the year.

The dad sucks too if he just left instead of figuring out what went wrong.  Put that kid up for adoption before its too late.

Seems a confederacy of dunces.

• Like 1

A whole lot of WTF to go around for everyone involved.  The caregiver just knocking on the door and running away, the father just saying "oh well, I guess plans changed" when his toddler wasn't brought back on time.  Thank god, the homeowner was home and the child didn't just sit outside for hours.

Edited by Gene Parmesan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems a confederacy of dunces.

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

A whole lot of WTF to go around for everyone involved.  The caregiver just knocking on the door and running away, the father just saying "oh well, I guess plans changed" when his toddler wasn't brought back on time. 

narrator: it was drugs. it was always drugs.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

need to wall off montgomery county along with aggy.  we'll send in essential medicine in exchange for lone pint and southern star.

Does that include The Woodlands?  I ask as we typically don't drop our kids off at the wrong home.  There are also lots of Longhorns here.  And we have lots of $$$....

No one seems to be focusing on the father.  Mom in hospital and not getting out.  Kid being dropped off.  Kid doesn’t show up so he says .... fuck it and goes out for the night and assumes someone else is taking care of his kid but doesn’t even attempt to check.  Only concern is when cops show up the next day.  

On 10/18/2018 at 11:50 AM, elfenix said:

need to wall off montgomery county along with aggy.  we'll send in essential medicine in exchange for lone pint and southern star.

What's scary is that this is relatively close to where i live.  Wife works in admissions and attendance with a CISD school and the shitty parenting is leaps and bounds the worst part of her job. She deals with everything from residency shenanigans( kid always tired from long drive to school...say what???) to divorce decree enforcement, which total pain in the ass, as most of these asshole parents should just be executed to help the kids along.  Then they have the behavoral issues/ medical conditions where the parents are the parents are in denial or la-la land and the kid is getting nothing with regard to treatment/ prevention.

Surly likes the throw out dumbass poster titles and rail against alleged low IQ's...

We are the elite...and that scares the hell outta me.