Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Here's a fun one, from a "Christian" leader:

Rios, the American Family Association’s Director of Governmental Affairs and a popular defender of extreme conservative Christian values, suggested that criticism of white supremacy is criticism of Christianity while speaking on her radio program, “Sandy Rios in the Morning” on American Family Radio. 

On her program Rios said:

It’s not about your skin color and when they go further and compare President Trump to Nazis and their white racism, it’s really silly because, remember, the Nazis killed thousands, hundreds of thousands, of people, but guess what? They were white. The Nazis were Aryan supremacists. They had a certain superhuman race they wanted to develop and most white people did not qualify.

Rios continued:

So when the left is talking about white supremacism, they’re talking about the roots of this country. They’re talking about Christianity. They’re talking about hard work, about capitalism and free-market values. They’re talking about everything that has made America what it is. That’s what they mean.

So, you know, there we are.  To condemn white supremacy is to condemn Christianity.

How do y'all Christians feel about that?  I mean, I'm a Christian (well, not an American "Christian," but you know, someone who thinks the Gospels actually mean something) and, ummm, I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel.  Christianity in America is dead.  And to the extent that it isn't, it should be euthanized.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

ANTIFA is terryfing

This is just the weirdest thing when I read your examples: the fascists raise such a stink about how 'violent' the Antifa protestors are supposed to be, but they can't help themselves and then look for what they presume to be the opposite of how they view themselves. They view themselves as hypermasculine, warriors and masters, ergo they look for unicorns and 'soy boys.' Sorta belies the whole premise that Antifa is this violent insurgency. That poster that uses the phrase, 'each accusation is a confession' is so spot on.

• Like 1

I put on the cable news channel that chose Chuck Todd to run everything from the top down and saw a unicorn costume with rainbow colored mane and tail dancing in front of police in riot gear and then a guy with a motorcycle helmet and a shield with a swastika on it.  I turned it off because I forgot that I hate most things and stuff.  I hope many people get rigorously fingered in the ass in an unintimate fashion. 

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

What exactly is antifa?

In real world terms.

It's an anti-fascist organizing strategy that differs from traditional protest strategies in two clear ways:
- Anonymity (not always, but it's common)
- Direct action/conflict
- Decentralization

Anonymity is important. First, of course, is protection. The fascists are always supported by the government and are always the most violent and deadly. Second, it keeps individuals within the movement from forming a hierarchy, which is destructive in a lot of ways.

Direct action/conflict is sometimes necessary when physical threat exists. Non-violent protest is a common and very useful strategy, but it's not panacea and it's not the responsibility of those not under a threat to tell those who are under a threat how to respond. Direct action and open conflict work very well to deter fascist activity, as evidence by how poorly-attended white nationalist rallies have been since ANTIFA started showing up to fight back. Alt.right celebrities have risen and fallen in the blink of an eye and can never gain a real following. No fascist organizations can operate peacefully because of ANTIFA's direct action and conflict. Black bloc is the strategy of going full ninja and coming armed/prepared.

Decentralization is important because it keeps ANTIFA from becoming some kind of political organization or club. It exists as a specific strategy to combat a specific threat. Once the threat is over, it goes away. If ANTIFA were a political party or organized group, it would stay alive all the time and look for reasons to exist.

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Interesting. Thanks.

I wasn’t sure if Trump was giving me the straight dope.

Also, Antifa assumes law enforcement is not capable of containing fascism from organizing which is why they feel their role is necessary in order to preserve an egalitarian value based society.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People that oppose racist/fascist assholes

It’s really incredible how the vast majority of right wingers all have their Twitter photos adorned with US flags...while posting about limiting the rights of other citizens.  I noticed the same thing during the Beto/Cruz elections, most with a Cruz sign up fly flags year round...I’ve pretty much gotten to the point that if I see someone with a flag on their house or car, I’m pretty sure they’re a Trump fan.  

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy