Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I gotta find a way to start making up QAnon shit and selling swag to these morons. 

I would be willing to bet a large chunk of the Qanon crowd who wears the crazy shit, including the JFK jr stuff, are in it to make money.   Hugo, if you’re listening, this is another reason I blow them off.   When I look at them, I see some of the same people who have their little booths at flea markets, etc. selling whatever is the latest fad, along with t-shirts with the latest slogans.   Here in Texas, plenty of them have Pro-Trump stuff that’s for sale, that’s not licensed, and is barely professional. And they had anti-Obama stuff from 2008-2016.

This Qanon stuff is making plenty of money for plenty of folks, and the kind of people I’m talking about are drawn to that like moths to a flame.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hugo, if you’re listening, this is another reason I blow them off.  

They’re not dangerous, yet. But there’s a lot of potential there.  Most of these conspiracy theory types are radicalized to be anti-government.  

These Qanon guys are not only pro-Trump government but pro-fascist with the military tribunals and executions.  What’s going to happen in the Qanon community when we have a President Kamala Harris and Trump’s people start going to jail?  That will be fun. 

I know many of them think it’s just fantasy politics and wouldn’t go postal but not all of them. 

Just saying, the seeds of something sinister are being planted and it’s different because Trump doesn’t disown them.   He embraces them.

I don’t blame you for blowing them off because it’s all you can do.  My position is more of an appreciation of the effectiveness of the Q operation, considering we don’t even know where this movement is originating from. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Who is Andy ngo and why is he an Asian siding with white nationalists  

Right leaning writer that peddles in the usual far right talking points... often exaggerated and reframed to distort. Still what happened to him was wrong.

8 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

"CCTV footage showed him being engulfed in a sudden jet of fire from the synagogue, which blew off his cap and singed his hair."

That's peak Loony Tunes right there.

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re not dangerous, yet. But there’s a lot of potential there.  Most of these conspiracy theory types are radicalized to be anti-government.

Most are radicalized to buy shit and click on ads, pass stupid memes around, and to hate Hillary and the libtards.  These are not hard things to do.  Like I said elsewhere, I was into the JFK stuff back in the early 90s when the Oliver Stone film came out, and I saw first-hand what an established movement looks like, how it shapes perceptions (JFK groups are very bit as anti-government), and most importantly, as the lessons of the wise Yogurt taught us, how. merchandising works.

In both the JFK and the Q stuff in regards to sales, you had people who had a very heavy financial interest to push this stuff, with the overriding difference being that the Q folks have an easier time of selling their stuff, and an easier time of keeping their names outside of public awareness, since their reach is greater and far more anonymous.  It was harder for the JFK crowd when authors/marketers had to get up in front of an audience or spend money on physical mailers and explain why you should buy their book, and not buy the book of the idiot who is on after you are.  

The Q folks have their marketing shit together, complete with mass marketing email lists pushing out all kinds of physical Q stuff to buy and wear (which are better revenue generators than ads on websites).  It makes me think that while the Q stuff may have started as a joke, a bunch of the mass marketers glommed on to it.  These people already have the infrastructure (suppliers and shippers) in place, along with knowledge of how to market and sell over the internet.  When you see some video game get hugely popular, these are the people pimping shitty gameplay guides on Amazon and various other websites, and pushing t-shirts with knockoff graphics, among other products.

When I look at a crowd of Trump supporters who have the Q shit on, I mostly see a group of people who are comfortable enough in their lives, that they can take time off from work or retirement and spend the money to visit whatever Trump event they are visiting.  That lady several posts above, she's not going to kill an Oregon state policeman or firebomb a synagogue, but she is going to wear Q shit, because either she's selling it, or because it pisses the libtards off.  They may talk a big game of civil war, but an actual civil war terrifies the shit out of them, because everything they have in the bank could instantly be unavailable to them - their retirement and/or Social Security payments could end, their power could go out, their flower garden won't feed them, their toilets stop flushing, water stops coming out of the tap, etc.  These are not hardy people.  A decent amount of them could easily be in a world of shit if their insulin stopped showing up. Imagine if the local Shell station stopped getting gas shipments.

There are genuine "threats", such as the Loony Toon embodiment mentioned above, but they exist regardless of what is on a fucking t-shirt.  If it's not Qanon helping to work them up, it's something else - a hatred of women who won't sleep with them, living in their parents basement, blaming Jews, blaming classmates, whatever.

And therein lies the crux of the situation - figuring out which parts of Q are the retired folks looking to piss off their libtard in-laws, which parts are marketers making money off of them, which are trying to manipulate voting patterns, which parts are people who enjoy a good troll, and which parts are psychos looking to manipulate those willing to commit violence.  The last part is incredibly small, as evidenced by the fact that they aren't doing shit as a whole.  They haven't started Civil War II and they aren't going after politicians (or the Oregon State Police).

Included in the marketing group are the overseas troll farms getting paid to push Q.  In regards to manipulating voters, I'd argue that Hillary did much of that footwork, and they just took advantage of her.  They are going to need somebody scare to work people up, and AOC ain't on the ballot (although they act like it).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

Andy Ngo is a bitch and deserves all of this.
He's not a fucking journalist. His entire goal is to doxx leftists so fascists can beat them up.

Lol at the ‘assault’. The cops voices betrayed their feelings on that one.

Also there was a long thread on reddit with multiple trolls echoing the claim that there was cement in those milkshakes...even a materials guy stating how cement won’t set in there.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Didn’t Gavin kinda peak when he shoved things up his ass, live on the air, to own the libs? I mean...where do you go after that?

Writing passive-aggressive "be nice to me" letters to your neighbors who all hate you because you're a white supremacist and your wife resents you for alienating her socially in her own neighborhood.

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy