Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Are we reaching grift saturation?  I mean, between the Dailywire subscription, Trump straws and flags to fly from your jacked-up heavily financed truck, Jim Bakker tater soup survival buckets and whatnot.....the core Trump demo -- uneducated white folks -- have burned through all of their disposable income.

GodDAMMIT.  I shoulda done my MS-13 and post-rapture pet care insurance scams YEARS ago.  Now I'll NEVER make that Trump University-type money!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I think this is at my local post office. This area is full of scared, old white racists that need to go ahead and die off. The neighborhood Facebook and NextDoor posts are always them freaking out about black or latinos near their houses. 

Edited by mdmost

I think this is at my local post office. This area is full of scared, old white racists that need to go ahead and die off. The neighborhood Facebook and NextDoor posts are always them freaking out about black or latinos near their houses. 

This is 100% Trump’s America.
When they say “we can say ‘Merry Christmas!’ again!” (which, uh, they always could, both legally and culturally), what they MEAN is “we can say ‘you fucking nigger!’ again” (which, of course, was not previously allowed in polite society).
Trumpkin denials on this point are entirely laughable. This is what they are - everyone in America should be required to watch all of these interactions on a loop. It would be hours before they looped back to the beginning, of course, but still.

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Now that we've established that this man is clearly a racist, can we focus on his attire? He's dressed like a rodeo clown. Are his pants that large for comedic effect? Rubber boots. His suspenders are the size of D.O.T certified ratchet straps. The entire ensemble is punctuated with a beret. He looks like the dictator of 'Hee Haw.' He has more utilities hanging from his belt than Batman. This is the get-your-yankee-ass-off-my-properrty tactical gear. He's perpetually angry because people have been giggling at his shorts for years. He wants a form even though there's nothing left in the world that can help him anymore. Shut it!

On 8/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, Chad Fuck said:

So I guess the difference between now and the 60s is that some racist people today don’t want to be seen as racist. Put it that way.

Progress?

Pretty much this.  It's less socially acceptable to be seen as racist....but folks are still plenty racist, just like before.

Pretty much this.  It's less socially acceptable to be seen as racist....but folks are still plenty racist, just like before.

I think there are less. At least less than I remember from growing up. But it is a slow process for sure.

It is hard to change, very hard. But I do believe it can be done. Entirely anecdotal but my parents (both deceased) grew up in the Jim Crow south. Poor, very poor and gradually made a life for themselves and for our family. They were Democrats but didn't leave the party as many white southerners did. To make a long story short, they began to question the class struggle and see it with more clarity especially as things played out in their hometown politics. They still had a long way to go, but prior to their passing, they were much more aware of unconscious prejudices that shaped their perspective. They also were not watchers of Fox News. I think they would have found it amusing that I no longer wish to be associated with the GOP...

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy