Texas vs. WVU @ 2:30 (Fox)

MirrOlure

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've maintained since before the season started and Grier was getting all the Heisman love that I wasn't scared to play WVU in November. 

This is still my believe. I might even fuck around and start a guaranteed thread about it. 

• Like 1

It was a six day window option. If we had won, we'd be at 7. But we lost, so 2:30 and OU gets the night spot against Tech. Which ultimately may be better for us if Tech can pull their heads out of their asses. Night game in Lubbock. They're going up against Alabama @ LSU and will get creamed in the ratings.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

WVU has similar running game concepts as OSU.  Orlando better get that soft edge shit figured out. 

They don't have Justice Hill in their backfield. IF we were to lose, and I just don't see it happening, it'll be because of the secondary's woes.

44 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Win out and we're in. We hold the tiebreaker over OU.

????? Not sure I follow. Do you mean the Big12 CG, or the playoffs? Because if ou and Texas win out the fate of a possible playoff invite will resolve itself in the championship game between the two.

So far as the conference. Everyone else will have multiple losses in conference, and won’t even have a chance at making the Big12 championship game. So the tiebreaker you mention really doesn’t come into play? Or am I missing something?

Playoff is gone for us. If we win out, we play in the CCG. If OU wins out and beats us in the CCG, they'll go to the playoff. We could even lose one more and go to the CCG depending on timebreakers (OU loses another and Texas and OU are fighting for 2nd). 

Tiebreaker Procedures

Effective July 2017
Conference Competition.  All teams will be scheduled to play nine games as part of the Conference schedule competing in a round-robin format.  

Championship Game Participants. The two teams that complete the regular season with the highest winning percentage(s) will be the representatives in the Conference Championship Game.  The team that wins the championship game will be the Big 12 Champion.

Tiebreaker Procedure. If two teams are tied for first place both teams will participate in the championship game and the winner of the head-to-head will be the #1 seed.  If more than two teams tie for first place, the tiebreaker procedures below will be applied separately, to identify each participant in the championship game.

In the event two (or more teams) tie for second or any subsequent position, the tiebreaker procedures below will be used to break all ties as necessary.  For the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process:
a.    If two teams are tied, the winner of the regular-season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
b.    If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made.  If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the regular season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
     1.    The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other in a “mini round-robin” format.
     2.    The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the remaining team(s) in the Conference 
            standings from top to bottom.
            a. When comparing against the remaining teams in the Conference standings any two-way ties will be broken by head-to-head 
            competition before the comparison begins.
            b. If more than a two-way tie exists amongst the remaining teams in the Conference standings, the record against the collective
                tied teams as a group will be used.
     3.    Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points
             allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.
     4.    Draw (In the event steps 1-3 cannot break a multi-team tie the prevailing team or teams will be determined by draw at the
            Conference office). 
             In the event tiebreaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining any portion of seeding,
             the following procedures will be used:
            a. The draw will be conducted in public or with media attendance.
            b. Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to have a local representative in attendance at the drawing.
            c. A single slip of paper for each institution (with name or logo) will be placed in a container and will be drawn in order 
            of seeding from highest to lowest.

In the event that scheduled regular season contests cannot be played as originally scheduled, every effort shall be made to reschedule such a contest at the earliest possible date, provided that such rescheduling does not interfere with classes, examination periods, NCAA rules, or other sports prohibitions. If contests cannot be rescheduled and in the event of a first-place tie, the Conference tiebreaker system will be utilized to determine championship game participants or a Conference Champion. 

45 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Let's knock Grier out again. 

I'd prefer not. 

We finally got some playing time for our backup and next year's QB against Baylor.  His name is Jack Allison and he came to us as a transfer from Miami.  Tall and skinny, but has a real nice arm.  We had nothing behind Grier last year, but we do now and are good for next year too.

6 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I'd prefer not. 

We finally got some playing time for our backup and next year's QB against Baylor.  His name is Jack Allison and he came to us as a transfer from Miami.  Tall and skinny, but has a real nice arm.  We had nothing behind Grier last year, but we do now and are good for next year too.

Who gives a shit. 

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

fuck the world...let’s burn the big 12 and fuck ousux’ chance for the playoffs

This has to be the rallying cry for the team. You win the conference and fuck their chances up of making it into the cfp. You finish the regular season 10-2 with a new year's bowl and momentum on the trail. 

Where as I hated the situation we were going into Okie State game with off week, uncertainty about Sam, the player suspension and a whole two weeks of whether we belonged in the playoff chatter or not.   I like the situation  we will be going into this one.  We will hear all week we were overrrated. In a rematch OU will dog stomp us, Herbie and the idiots on ESPN will go on and on about this.   If the locker room was pissed off about losing what should of been a winnable game last night, then they should come out and stuff the Coon Hats up the Mountaneers orfices.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Hopefully they’re running back is not from Manitoba.

Was their QB offered a schollie by Texas? 

That's apparently what all the talking head tv game announcers want to discuss about 4000 times/game.

Joe Public really wants to know apparently, and has no short-term memory.

Hard one to read. Iowa State beat them by getting some pressure with three or four rushers (lol @ Texas doing that) and locking down their receivers (lololololol) with seven or eight guys in coverage. Iowa State was able to stop the run with such dime looks, which was key (actually possible?). I expect Texas will rely more on blitzing to generate pressure than dropping a bunch of guys in coverage. Feast or famine approach.

WVU will move the ball and score some points. Texas just isn't good enough to stop them from doing so. There are some things Texas can do to turn the matchup I their favor though:

1.) Turnovers. Get them. WVU has been reckless with the ball at times this year, and they can't score of they don't have it.

2.) Ball control offense. The kind of physical, long, balanced drives we saw against OU need to make another appearance. WVU is a decent defensive team but they will wear out down if kept on the field. And again, WVU can't score if they don't have the ball.

3.) Start fast. If the trend of slow starts continues Texas is fucked. Can't win by spotting a good offense multiple scores from the outset. Score first, get some early stops, and don't fibe yourself trying to mount a three scorev rally in the first half. It would be nice tobuild a bit of a lead but thst isn't even necessary. Just don't get run off the field. This is a front running group that plays a lot better when they see some good things happen and start to believe. This step also helps with number one as WVU may try to force the issue in a tight game or from behind.

4.) Just stop being do goddamm dumb. I have little hope in this one, but a reduction in the stupid penalties, mind numbing mental mistakes, and atrocious play calling that have plagued this team would help a lot. Eight games in you are what you are on that front though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Beware the Bro

Unfortunately, we will get Kliffies best since he always seems to be playing for his job that time of year and because they rally the dust-troopers for this game.

It's another OSU situation, hopefully that is recognized and appreciated by the coaching staff but I don't know why I just said that.

43 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Where as I hated the situation we were going into Okie State game with off week, uncertainty about Sam, the player suspension and a whole two weeks of whether we belonged in the playoff chatter or not.   I like the situation  we will be going into this one.  We will hear all week we were overrrated. In a rematch OU will dog stomp us, Herbie and the idiots on ESPN will go on and on about this.   If the locker room was pissed off about losing what should of been a winnable game last night, then they should come out and stuff the Coon Hats up the Mountaneers orfices.   

You've got an aggy aroma

Can the networks do the 6-day window thing two weeks in a row?  I think they have two times total per season they can use it.  And they have the full slate set for T-Day weekend, so I assume they'll use it the week we play ISU but am worried they'll do it again this week and we're trying to make our Texas Tech plans.  Do they always use it twice or have some years they just use it once?  

Can the networks do the 6-day window thing two weeks in a row?  I think they have two times total per season they can use it.  And they have the full slate set for T-Day weekend, so I assume they'll use it the week we play ISU but am worried they'll do it again this week and we're trying to make our Texas Tech plans.  Do they always use it twice or have some years they just use it once?  
ISU is on Longhorn Network and was announced as a 7pm kick a while back, so if it can be used again (I think it can but I'm not sure) it would be for Tech.

Bedlam is the same weekend though so I'm sure that will get the primetime slot.

43 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hard one to read. Iowa State beat them by getting some pressure with three or four rushers (lol @ Texas doing that) and locking down their receivers (lololololol) with seven or eight guys in coverage. Iowa State was able to stop the run with such dime looks, which was key (actually possible?). I expect Texas will rely more on blitzing to generate pressure than dropping a bunch of guys in coverage. Feast or famine approach.

WVU will move the ball and score some points. Texas just isn't good enough to stop them from doing so. There are some things Texas can do to turn the matchup I their favor though:

1.) Turnovers. Get them. WVU has been reckless with the ball at times this year, and they can't score of they don't have it.

2.) Ball control offense. The kind of physical, long, balanced drives we saw against OU need to make another appearance. WVU is a decent defensive team but they will wear out down if kept on the field. And again, WVU can't score if they don't have the ball.

3.) Start fast. If the trend of slow starts continues Texas is fucked. Can't win by spotting a good offense multiple scores from the outset. Score first, get some early stops, and don't fibe yourself trying to mount a three scorev rally in the first half. It would be nice tobuild a bit of a lead but thst isn't even necessary. Just don't get run off the field. This is a front running group that plays a lot better when they see some good things happen and start to believe. This step also helps with number one as WVU may try to force the issue in a tight game or from behind.

4.) Just stop being do goddamm dumb. I have little hope in this one, but a reduction in the stupid penalties, mind numbing mental mistakes, and atrocious play calling that have plagued this team would help a lot. Eight games in you are what you are on that front though.

2toa.gif