2018-2019 MLB Offseason Thread

Beau Vine

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Brew said:

Kelly is the only real loss there as he was Yadi’s replacement. They are covered up with pitching and then Young has been terrible at the plate. The problem is that historically they don’t pay in free agency, so what’s the plan past next year?

Kelly is a good get by Zona, but for the Cards, the biggest lost is Weaver.  Kelly had already been passed by Andrew Knizner.

"I had an argument with a coach in Triple-A about Babe Ruth's effectiveness in today's game," Ottavino said. "I said, 'Babe Ruth, with that swing, swinging that bat, I got him hitting .140 with eight homers.'

"He was like, 'Are you nuts? Babe Ruth would hit .370 with 60 homers,' and I'm like, 'I would strike Babe Ruth out every time.'

"I'm not trying to disrespect him, you know, rest in peace, you know, shoutout to Babe Ruth. But it was a different game. I mean, the guy ate hot dogs and drank beer and did whatever he did. It was just a different game."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25506993/free-agent-pitcher-adam-ottavino-says-whiff-babe-ruth

Like how he throws the rest in peace in there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Nonsensical analogy aside, it’s dumb that anyone is paying attention to this. What the hell is Boras gonna say? “Oh yeah Team X isn’t interested in signing my client so don’t worry about having to outbid them”.

Just as it's dumb to think Harper would ever consider signing with the fucking White Sox but that didn't stop that being leaked and making the rounds yesterday. It was also a shocker that the media was falling all over themselves to report it.