LSU @ aggy

Chad

Seriously though...how the fuck is the ball considered dead when Mond touched it? Makes zero fucking sense. Every single fumbled snap by a QB would be immediately dead and position given to the first man who touched the ball as long as his knee was touching the ground? 

• Like 1

I never believed LSU to be very good in the first place. But small shit like the aggy receiver putting spin on the ball after the 5th OT score, not only didn’t get called (which by rule is unsportsmanlike conduct), but he got the benefit of the ref coming up behind him, which you clearly see on TV. Talking to him, and instructing him to not do that. It is that type of thing that creates doubt in people’s mind as to the legitimacy of how the game was called. And if there were in fact outside influences.

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

Seriously though...how the fuck is the ball considered dead when Mond touched it? Makes zero fucking sense. Every single fumbled snap by a QB would be immediately dead and position given to the first man who touched the ball as long as his knee was touching the ground? 

Yeah same thing I was saying. That can't be the rule, and I'm still not convinced his knee ever touched the ground at all.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, Hamttx said:

I never believed LSU to be very good in the first place. But small shit like the aggy receiver putting spin on the ball after the 5th OT score, not only didn’t get called (which by rule is unsportsmanlike conduct), but he got the benefit of the ref coming up behind him, which you clearly see on TV. Talking to him, and instructing him to not do that. It is that type of thing that creates doubt in people’s mind as to the legitimacy of how the game was called. And if there were in fact outside influences.

Refs give verbal warnings to players all the time. 

4 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

That was a damn entertaining game and one of the worst officiated games I can recall seeing.    if you think the calls were all for Aggy, you're a moron. That was some equal opportunity BS.

really?? can you name one bad call that went against aggy?

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

The league office has to acknowledge some of these things next week right?

4 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I'm pretty sure if you are touching the ball and your knee is down, the ball is down.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I'm pretty sure if you are touching the ball and your knee is down, the ball is down.

Explain fumble recoveries to me then. Although that is the only possible reason kansas was awarded possession of the onsides kick yesterday. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

Just now, Helobious said:

Refs give verbal warnings to players all the time. 

I have never seen a referee purposely not make a call on a flagrant touchdown celebration, and instead speak with the player who just committed the foul.

Yes, I have seen referee’s try to control a game for fear of it getting out of hand for physicality. But absolutely never about TD celebration. They call that every fucking time. Most of the time on far less displays of celebration.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

show me a fucking replay that actually shows his knee on the ground  AND HIM TOUCHING THE BALL AT THE SAME TIME...

to me, by the time he actually touches the ball, his knee is off the turf. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Look guys I am sure the refs did stupid things, probably too tired to think after officiating that insult to football. But LSU did not deserve to win that game. You have to stop somebody at some point.

This. A&M definitely got the benefit of the officiating, but there was questionable shit the other way too.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

show me a fucking replay that actually shows his knee on the ground  AND HIM TOUCHING THE BALL AT THE SAME TIME...

to me, by the time he actually touches the ball, his knee is off the turf. 

That's an entirely different question. But if his knee is in fact down when he is touching the ball, the ball is down. College football is pretty clear on that.

I'm pretty sure when a ball is fumbled, you must gain possession of the fumble. Let's say instead, the exact same thing happened, except an LSU defender came flying in and dove at the ball and recovered it. That would be a fumble, recovered by LSU. Yet according to this bullshit, instead, LSU would not recover the fumble, but it would be a dead ball because Mond's knee was touching the grass (maybe) the instant his hand touched the ball. That call makes zero sense to me.

That's an entirely different question. But if his knee is in fact down when he is touching the ball, the ball is down. College football is pretty clear on that.

yet the fucking refs OVERTURNED THE PLAY without proof of his knee actually being on the ground while touching the ball 

so its not an "entirely different question"  its a huge fucking point of contention.  The refs overturned a play on replay without out conclusive  evidence, and gave atm another fucking shot, and then gave them another shot after the 1st down coversion, and a third shot by not calling a clear as fucking day illegal formation on the spike.... which *IS* REVIEWABLE..... so the replay booth reviewed the snap, gave back 1 second and ignored the fucking illegal formation.