LSU @ aggy

Chad

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Pretty sure that is only true if you have possession of the ball.

Yeah in 53 years and wayyyy too much football, I've never heard anyone even say the ball is dead when touched by a player with his knee down, til tonight.

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Think about what you are saying.   If that's the case, on an onsides kick all you need to do is drop to one knee and touch the ball.  Don't worry about recovering it

Even when downing a punt, where all you need to do is touch it as the kicking team, you don't to be down to do that so I don't understand what he is referencing.

Just now, wood said:

Do you understand the difference between merely touching the ball and actually possessing the ball? It's kind of a big deal.

Yes, and this is the third time I have acknowledged as much. It looked to me like he had possession when his knee allegedly hit the ground.

We are all clear that the rule is he needs to have possession of the ball.

That is the rule in college. 
You are wrong. Have you ever seen players trying to jump into a loose ball and batting it around before someone eventually gets ahold of it or scoops it and scores? Those players were on the ground with a knee down when they batted the ball but the play isn't whistled dead because they do not have possession. Sometimes they are trying to grab it and it gets knocked out of bounds. Even if the last person to touch it is a defensive player the ball is still awarded back to the team that fumbled it.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Wait...is that a legal formation? I guess one "end" is the tackle on the top of the screen and the other is the guy standing between the two WR "backs" meaning #2 is technically a lineman and not an eligible receiver right?

They weren't set, and either had 6 in the backfield or 9 on LOS depending on which view you want to take.  In no way was it legal or set, people were still moving

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:
13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:
That is the rule in college. 

You are wrong. Have you ever seen players trying to jump into a loose ball and batting it around before someone eventually gets ahold of it or scoops it and scores? Those players were on the ground with a knee down when they batted the ball but the play isn't whistled dead because they do not have possession. Sometimes they are trying to grab it and it gets knocked out of bounds. Even if the last person to touch it is a defensive player the ball is still awarded back to the team that fumbled it.

This makes the fourth time I have said I was wrong and that my point was assuming possession.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Apparently the aggy in red punched Steve Kragthorpe, an LSU administrative assistant who has Parkinson’s.

Sounds like the trashy aggy we all know. Surprised there weren’t any binoculars involved. 

Steve Kragthorpe used to be a coach at aggy, BTW. 

16 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:
56 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
1124182209e-resized.jpg

Can someone explain this formation to me?

pretty sure a formation with just 4 men on the line of scrimmage is illegal.

if this had been called would the ball be placed just 5 yards back with :01 to play? or do they run time off the clock?

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

pretty sure a formation with just 4 men on the line of scrimmage is illegal.

if this had been called would the ball be placed just 5 yards back with :01 to play? or do they run time off the clock?

I dunno, but I doubt the refs do either.

I know it can’t happen, but imagine for a moment a world where tomorrow the sec announces that the formation in question was definitively illegal and since the enforcement would end the game, they are retroactively assessing the illegal formation penalty and officially ending the game at that point. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This makes the fourth time I have said I was wrong and that my point was assuming possession.

Don't worry, people just catching up and posting as they read.  You will probably get several more snarky comments before they read on and see your retraction.   You should know how this place works by now, no one is actually pissed at you about it. 

Well, maybe Kyrie will drop by after suicide watch is over and go shitty on you, but most of us are just pissed aggy didn't aggy. 

The real crime by the refs was the 4th and 18 after the knee down interception overturned call. The Aggy receiver was clearly a yard short of the first down and they gave it to him and no review was instituted. It was criminal. Dumb aggies.

Also a bit confused how the catch and fumble was called incomplete in OT1.