11.26.18 Coach Herman press conference (noon)

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Why did he specify that it was physical snow? Are flights often grounded due to ethereal snow?

There are other things with the code name of snow. He wants to make sure nobody thinks Beatty is on a coke fueled bender without him and Michelle. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am not sure what to make of this line coach keeps feeding us.

He is trying to temper expectations of the fanbase and give himself a built in out if we lost. I don't like it, but he's not wrong. We aren't a particularly explosive team on either side of the ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’s saying it bc it’s true. This team barely made a bowl last year and now we are playing for a conf title 

Completely agree. And it’s a testament to the coaching staff and culture they’ve instilled. The numerous finishing plays on offense where we get 5+ yards pushing the pile show something has changed.

• Like 2

Just now, bigcigar said:

This is very troubling. We need Sam to be accurate. It was clear that wasn’t an option with his shoulder bothering him versus Kansas

Obviously if we are too banged up to play our A game we are not going to win. We just have to hope Sam is in much better shape after a long week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’s saying it bc it’s true. This team barely made a bowl last year and now we are playing for a conf title 

In a weird way the truth of the statement doesn't matter. I am just trying to figure out what angle he is playing. Is this what he is telling his team? 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

In a weird way the truth of the statement doesn't matter. I am just trying to figure out what angle he is playing. Is this what he is telling his team? 

Probably. It doesn’t really jive with we can beat any team in the country. But maybe it’s some Mensa way of saying you need to play your ass off every week.

17 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

This is very troubling. We need Sam to be accurate. It was clear that wasn’t an option with his shoulder bothering him versus Kansas

i am still a bit befuddled we didn't rest him at Kansas. A healthy Shane and a gameplan on his strengths with some LJH or Heard wilcatting in there i think could have gotten us 24 fucking points. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He's selling playing time to recruits while simultaneously lauding his current players' effort in games. I don't see a downside to the comments if he sells them appropriately to both of those groups.