2018 Cotton Bowl - Clemson vs. Notre Dame

satyanash

8 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Fuck that fake freckle-faced cunt. Almost all of the products she sells are made in china crap. "OMG so rustic", she's made millions by slapping reclaimed wood on everything paired with tacky furniture and wannabe antique crap. Takes so much talent to make every house look like a fucking chic farmhouse. 

Her outdoor attraction in the shithole of Waco (the silos or something) has fake grass and they ask you to carry your dog so it doesn't pee on the got-damned fake grass. It's outside....in fucking Waco.........and you have fake grass........outside?!!???    Everything about her and her stupid show and business is fake. 

(Yes, my wife made me watch the show for several years, until we visited their shithole themepark)

tell us more. its more entertaining than the game

• Like 1

This is a prime example of why an 8 team playoff is not a good idea since it would likely result in 3-5 crappy teams like ND involved on a regular basis. 

This take makes no sense to me. Like the big dance, the fun and drama is in the possibility of an upset and seeing someone make the rounds they’re not ‘supposed to’. Did anyone expect Purdue to off tOSU?

Let all conference champions of the P5 in, the G5 top ranked team and 2 wild cards (who may have scheduled a heavy OC slate and lost one). Why not see who can level up and take on the big boys?

This logic of yours tells me you want to see Alabama, Clemson, OU and one other team play every year. There’s no drama here, and with a sample size of three games...there’s no room for someone like UCF to make drama.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

This take makes no sense to me. Like the big dance, the fun and drama is in the possibility of an upset and seeing someone make the rounds they’re not ‘supposed to’. Did anyone expect Purdue to off tOSU?

Let all conference champions of the P5 in, the G5 top ranked team and 2 wild cards (who may have scheduled a heavy OC slate and lost one). Why not see who can level up and take on the big boys?

This logic of yours tells me you want to see Alabama, Clemson, OU and one other team play every year. There’s no drama here, and with a sample size of three games...there’s no room for someone like UCF to make drama.

But the point is to crown a deserving champion. Not to include a bunch of undeserving teams to try and manufacture drama in the hope an upset happens.

• Like 2

The aggy have to be thumping their chests right about now claiming they deserve to be in the playoffs over Notre Dame after their 2 point loss to Clemson. Will they hang a banner in collie station claiming to be NCAAFB runners up if Clemson wins the title?

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Too much wear and tear on the players. Costs fans too much to travel and other reasons but forget all that. Do you really want to watch 2-3 games with shitty teams?

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Notre Dame is losing to undefeated Clemson by 20. 

Georgia lost to 3-loss LSU by 20.

So quit trying to use this game as a case for jawja.

More importantly, Georgia had everything go right and still lost to Bama, a team in the playoffs, so we already know they're not the best team.... 

But the point is to crown a deserving champion. Not to include a bunch of undeserving teams to try and manufacture drama in the hope an upset happens.

So we are saying that an arbitrary committee gets to decide only four teams can win a title despite there being 5 major conferences?
  • Like 1

Too much wear and tear on the players. Costs fans too much to travel and other reasons but forget all that. Do you really want to watch 2-3 games with shitty teams?

Then why can lower divisions pull off even more games? If a team can win 3 big games then they deserve the badge of a natty

Just now, Homercles said:

So we are saying that an arbitrary committee gets to decide only four teams can win a title despite there being 5 major conferences?

Why does it matter that there are 5 major conferences? Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for national title contention but it shouldn't be a guarantee of it. A 7-5 Pittsburgh team should not be one game away from national title contention.