NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

2 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

The titans offense was garbage this year, but LaFleur came from the Rams system. He must’ve crushed the interview

They were also plagued with injuries, including Mariota himself, and this was year 1 of the system.

It seems like a very high-variance hire.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Kitchens was the OC for the Browns after they canned Hue Jackson and Todd Haley. He did a good job.

i know, it was a joke.   the list of prospects does make me pause about firing Garrett though, it's like standing a Vegas Roulette Wheel and placing everything on 00.

45 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, I don't care, I'd rather be Arizona trying something new with a fresh face than Tampa Bay hiring from the NFL unemployment line.

You say that like Arians was fired from Arizona. He "retired" and was a good coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

Im a fan of arians hire...if he can get winston playing better then that offense could do quite well...they all ready can score a bit...fix qb turnovers and team will jump up the standings

They're trying to hire Bowles as DC, which would be solid.

why the fuck would Arizona get anything for another team hiring a coach they fired?  contract or not, you fired the guy and I am pretty sure Florida is a right to work state, so how the fuck could you enforce some sort of non-compete clause?

there have been numerous examples in the last 10 years where a nfl coach was fired and hired by another nfl team without the newly hiring team having to give anything for the rights to the coach

I believe Arizona hired Kliff knowing he’s not a very good head coach and simply wants the Air Raid system and Kliff was the most expedient way to get it. I would not at all be surprised to see him get booted very quickly in his tenure.

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

why the fuck would Arizona get anything for another team hiring a coach they fired?  contract or not, you fired the guy and I am pretty sure Florida is a right to work state, so how the fuck could you enforce some sort of non-compete clause?

there have been numerous examples in the last 10 years where a nfl coach was fired and hired by another nfl team without the newly hiring team having to give anything for the rights to the coach

Well, he actually retired from Arizona so it may have something to do with that

I'll be the minority here who thinks Kliff could do well as an NFL head coach. He won't have to recruit to a shithole and won't have the type of talent disadvantage Tech has and will always have against OU and Texas. If he can get some good players and a good NFL defensive coordinator he can get an NFL offense moving in todays game.

The offense he ran poorly at Tech was designed for teams with less talent. That's the entire reason for the air raid and he was not good at it. Kliff, imo, doesnt coach like hes on fire or going all in, you cant run that offense if you give a shit about down and distance. His linemen weren't even split out wide enough, which kills the single back, PA run. His version of an air raid sucks imo.

• Machinator changed the title to NFL coaching carousel thread