NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Not trolling here but aside from tomlin has every black coach not been fired? 

This will set off a shit storm with the social justice warriors lol 

Lynn is having a nice season with Chargers.

The shit storm started before the firings. Even Jaws was playing the racial angle yesterday. 

Lewis deserved to be fired, several years ago. Bowles has a shitty team, but he had 3-4 years to do something, anything. No thoughts on Joseph. But the Wilkes thing tells me ownership did a shitty job. If he was that bad, why even hire him?

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

My favorite part is watching dumb ass teams hire coaches that were just fired by other teams. 

NFL gonna NFL

Like the Patriots did with that Belichek guy and the Chiefs did with Andy Reid?

The only guy other than Williams that the Browns should even consider for the job should be Kitchens.  I have a hard time remembering whether a lot of these coaches come from the offensive or defensive limbs of the tree.  Let me know when a defensive one gets canned so I will know who I can root for the Chiefs to replace Sutton with.

33 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Not trolling here but aside from tomlin has every black coach not been fired? 

This will set off a shit storm with the social justice warriors lol 

Only if all the new hires are old white guys, including a bunch of retreads, in which case they probably have a point.

28 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Has a professional sports team ever gone as full retard as the Oakland Raiders? Mike Mayock as your GM?? He’s never stepped foot in an NFL building! He’s a TV dude and now he’s going to run a football team? Holy shit

Jon Gruden is in complete control.  There's no way he's bringing in a legit GM that may have an ounce of authority.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Jon Gruden is in complete control.  There's no way he's bringing in a legit GM that may have an ounce of authority.

This 100% , Gruden knows the owner is not football savy at all , so why would he want a GM who isn’t going to be nothing more than a yes man to him. For better or worse this is chuckys ship moving forward for the foreseeable future 

Has a professional sports team ever gone as full retard as the Oakland Raiders? Mike Mayock as your GM?? He’s never stepped foot in an NFL building! He’s a TV dude and now he’s going to run a football team? Holy shit
It's fun to watch, I read an article thinking I'd see where Mayock worked in the nfl before, nothing, just interests from other nfl teams, as in only the Redskins. This is so much fun.

5 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Within the span of a few posts we have people bitching about NFL teams only hiring retreads and also people laughing at the Raiders for not hiring a retread

There's a huge gap between a retread (i.e., Jeff Fisher) and someone who has no experience whatsoever (Mayock).

Im not a huge fan of many of Mayock's predraft evaluations, and consider him a mediocre evaluator even against the mediocre competition that is the NFL draft pundit. But the dude works his ass off and probably has an extensive a list of contacts as anyone in the game, which makes him a good choice as Grudens "Call ___ and get this done" guy

Im not a huge fan of many of Mayock's predraft evaluations, and consider him a mediocre evaluator even against the mediocre competition that is the NFL draft pundit. But the dude works his ass off and probably has an extensive a list of contacts as anyone in the game, which makes him a good choice as Grudens "Call ___ and get this done" guy
I thought the Raiders former GM did a fairly good job. They were approaching Cleveland levels of longtime futility before he got there and he turned it around fairly quickly. Del Rio just made the unfortunately decision to fire their OC after they went to the playoffs and they seemingly never recovered.

Looks like Zimmer/GM Spielman are staying another year

#Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf sat in on the final team meeting today, as they do every season, and both reiterated their belief in coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman, sources tell me and @RapSheet. "There won't be changes here," one source said.

Good grief. Hue is arguably the worst HC in NFL history. He's terrible. Bungles would be stupid to hire him. 

Marvin Lewis had a good run, but nobody survives three straight losing seasons. 

Vance Joseph is the first HC in Broncos history to have consecutive losing seasons. He should never have been hired. 

interesting to see Kubiak's name out there - if he can coach again he needs to come back to Denver. 

• Machinator changed the title to NFL coaching carousel thread